Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash plugin causing Firefox/opera to freeze - Macromedia Flash Player

Hello all, I've got a problem. Lately when surfing flash-sites like youtube with firefox it starts freezing (for a few seconds) when loading. I managed to locate the problem and it was the adobe flash-plugin. When I uninstalled the plugin I could surf those sites without any freezes, but on the other hand I couldn't watch the videos of course. And when I installed the plugin again the freezes were back. I have tried reinstall Firefox countless times and I'm using the latest version of Firefox and the flash-plugin of course. I have also tried installing Opera and try the ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash plugin causing Firefox/opera to freeze

    Hello all,
    I've got a problem. Lately when surfing flash-sites like youtube with firefox
    it starts freezing (for a few seconds) when loading. I managed to locate the
    problem and it was the adobe flash-plugin. When I uninstalled the plugin I
    could surf those sites without any freezes, but on the other hand I couldn't
    watch the videos of course. And when I installed the plugin again the freezes
    were back. I have tried reinstall Firefox countless times and I'm using the
    latest version of Firefox and the flash-plugin of course. I have also tried
    installing Opera and try the plugin there, same problem. It does work in IE
    though. I even tried downloading an old flash plugin version, same problem.

    My computer is an Intel Core Duo 2.00GHz and 2GB RAM, Windows XP. It has
    worked fine for about a year, but then suddenly after a Windows Live Update
    this problem appeared.

    So now my options are to either use the plugins and have those constant
    freezes whenever I surf flash-sites, or unistall the plugin again and not being
    able to see flash-videos. I'm really hoping someone can help me out on this
    one! as I don't like either of those two options...

    Thanks!
    Fredrik

    Hydrapunk Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash plugin causing Firefox/opera to freeze

    Noone? would really appreciate some help.
    Hydrapunk Guest

  3. #3

    I'm crying over here! don't want to go back to IE... :(
    Hydrapunk Guest

  4. #4

    I'm experiencing same problems as Yours.

    But mine is far worse, since I had problem with chat and I can't login to it
    by IE. Now I'm trying with downlad newer version.

    But to the issue... I tried everything and it looks to me, that the problem
    must be with Adboe Flash Player. Sometimes I had 50% CPU used by my browser (FF
    or Opera, all newest versions).

    I had two antivirus programs (Avast+BitDefender), firewall ZoneAlarm, 320kbps
    with +-20difference, no p2p or any downloading at current, Win XP, 2GHz XP, 1GB
    RAM, uses CCleaner, was one time defragmenting my HDD (must do this again +
    scandisk) don't remember what else might be useful.

    I just be trying this newer IE7 and will check how the thing are in Linux
    Fedora (I hope there is Linux Flash?). Will see after some tweaks...

    spookypld Guest

  5. #5

    Doesn't seem to exist some kind of fix for it, and I've searched alot... Very weird since it pretty much came out of nowhere after having worked perfectly.
    Hydrapunk Guest

  6. #6

    Yes, this is driving me crazy as well. Worse yet is that I don't have this problem on my two desktops (one vista buz other win 2k3) but I do on my laptop running vista buz.
    cpoteet04 Guest

  7. #7

    I fixed it by deleting my old profile and creating a new one. Time will tell if it comes back.
    cpoteet04 Guest

  8. #8

    I'm having the same problem with Firefox but what's strange is that YouTube
    doesn't cause my browser to crash but other sites running Flash do ??? Strange,
    wondering if it has something to do with the version of Flash the flashlet was
    created in ?

    ShiverNix Guest

  9. #9

    Having same problem after updating just recently. Any fixes on the horizon from Adobe?
    Any work arounds besides going backwards or running IE for video?

    sheridangis Guest

  10. #10

    I have the same problem. I loaded the new version of Flash about 4 days ago and
    since then IE7 hangs and sends the cpu to 100% indefinitely. Very annoying.
    I've uninstalled and re-installed Flash about 20 times and I still haven't
    fixed it. If I disable the add-in in IE7 I can view the pages without them
    crashing, but it's not very practical. I saw a post from someone about
    reinstalling v8, which is what I am going to do next. I'll let you know if it
    works. I also doownloaded Firefox and it had similar problems.:disgust;

    Adrian_001 Guest

  11. #11

    Well I tried the instructions for using SubInACL from Microsoft but it didn't
    work and then I tried installing Flash8.39 and it didn't work either. I don't
    know what else to try, so now I am disabling the add-in in IE7. Come on Adobe,
    please find a fix soon!:mad;

    Adrian_001 Guest

  12. #12

    Good to see this thread is still alive, because the issue is still very much
    alive and is showing no sign of improvement. It is really discouraging to visit
    flash sites when you have to switch browser every time you do it. Hopefully we
    will see a fix soon, it would atleast be nice if an adobe employee would reply
    and acknowledge the problem.

    Hydrapunk Guest

  13. #13

    Definitely, the topic is alive - if you google for something like "flash player
    cpu usage" or "flash player freezes", you will see tons of posts about this or
    similar problem.
    Even this forum has several topics about cpu usage / freezes in 9.0.115.0, but
    still no reaction from Adobe stuff.

    vicnov Guest

  14. #14

    I'm having the same problem with Firefox and Opera. I've been installing and deinstalling my browsers and plugins.

    regards,
    http://www.comunicadosdeprensa.org
    amigos22 Guest

  15. #15

    I am having lots of issues when playing MP3's on various websites. It appears to be some time related issue........anyone had any experience of this?
    Troubleatmill Guest

  16. #16

    Just curious if you try to goto a site like pandora.com in Opera does the lsm.exe process start eating up ram? Mine does when ever i try to view any flash that contains sound.
    toyotabedzrock Guest

  17. #17

    I have this same problem, except it doesn't work in IE either. Horrible, since some program installers use Flash to present a little movie, causing the install to error and stop working.
    Aloshii Guest

  18. #18

    Same. Firefox 2.0.0.13 with Player 9,0,115,0. Acer Aspire 5920G-6954, Intel
    Core 2 T5450, 2 GB DDR2, Win XP Pro (fully updated)

    I never had a problem until a week or so ago. Since then, reinstalling Flash
    has sometimes temporarily fixed webviewing, but not reliably so. No sound at
    all, no video past 2 seconds, no matter the website.

    Keithustus Guest

  19. #19

    A'Yup...same problems here, on a G4 running OSX 10.4.11.

    Updated to the latest Flash Player browser plugin about a week ago, and it
    goes into hang mode/glacially slow response, system-wide, if I chase too much
    Flash content all at once, or if it's the "wrong" kind of content (whatever the
    heck that means...some Flash stuff works, others kill my CPU).

    It's crap. I wanna backgrade to an older version but I couldn't seem to find
    an earlier plugin.

    Phosphor.Digital Guest

  20. #20

    Old versions of Flash Player can be found here:
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14266
    vicnov Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast