Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Video Eventually Freezes - Macromedia Flash Player

Hi, I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition with all the updates. Since upgrading to the latest Flash plug-in for Firefox and IE, all Flash Videos freeze after playing for about 10 seconds in both Firefox and IE. I tried the suggestions form Darren, but nothing fixed it. Need help please. Shannon:confused;...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Video Eventually Freezes

    Hi, I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition with all the updates. Since
    upgrading to the latest Flash plug-in for Firefox and IE, all Flash Videos
    freeze after playing for about 10 seconds in both Firefox and IE. I tried the
    suggestions form Darren, but nothing fixed it. Need help please.

    Shannon:confused;

    spgtenor Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Video Eventually Freezes

    I've got the same problem after upgrading to the latest plugins for IE and FF
    on Win XP Pro. All Flash videos freeze after 2 to 5 seconds. Even videos stored
    locally. I've uninstalled, reinistalled. I'm at a loss. There doesn't seem to
    be much discussion of this behavior out there.

    kirkep27 Guest

  3. #3

    I have the same problem. Mine on XP Pro freezes and I just am sick and tired of
    trying all these fixes, that don't solve the problem. If I get on a site that
    uses flash and it freezes I don't ever worry about anymore, or don't go back to
    that site. I think we all should start telling these sites that we're all
    having issues with playing their flash that they're wasting and losing viewers.
    If you read the boards so many are having issues with flash content freezing.
    Granted with all the crapware sent down as updates and everyone at sometime has
    had a virus or spyware, we do not have virgin machines. But, We all can't clean
    install and take that kind of time it takes to rebuild our computers after
    years of building our software selections. Or I'm not going to have a separate
    computers for Internet only.

    Wear Guest

  4. #4

    Same problem here. I have xp pro sp2. I've been having this problem for about
    3 months now and its a real drag. I can't even watch "the Office" or "Heroes"
    online anymore. :( And no youtube is pretty lame. I've been searching online
    for a solution but there just isn't a lot out there, like you said. BTW, I
    just want to add that I have recently, within the last week, gotten a brand new
    hard drive and reinstalled windows. I'm pretty much starting completely over
    with my system software, and I still have this problem. Soooo......... I'm
    basically really confused and frustrated. Anyone else have/had this problem
    and maybe can shed some light?

    thebird756 Guest

  5. #5

    Same problem here with xp pro sp2. Has anyone tried an alternative flash player. How do you set the default to a different flash player if that's possible?
    alanblitz Guest