Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash website questions - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

Hi! I am planning to rebuild my website in Flash and your advice would be very helpful. Here are some qusetions. 1. Should I build a Flash template with many frames or is it better to use loadMovie action for separate movies? I don't want my website to load for hours! :-) 2. Which font size is the best? Or should I just leave the movies as they are? 3. What should I do with the text files? Will they add to the size of the movie? I haven't worked with extensive texts in Flash yet and this question is ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash website questions

    Hi!

    I am planning to rebuild my website in Flash and your advice would be very helpful. Here are some qusetions.

    1. Should I build a Flash template with many frames or is it better to use loadMovie action for separate movies? I don't want my website to load for hours! :-)

    2. Which font size is the best? Or should I just leave the movies as they are?

    3. What should I do with the text files? Will they add to the size of the movie? I haven't worked with extensive texts in Flash yet and this question is very important to me.

    If you have some other ideas or advice about building Flash templates and websites which I have missed or may find very useful, please let me know. You all have great experience and I'd appreciate if you could share it.

    Thanks!

    Ellania

    Ellania webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash website questions

    You say "tempate", do you mean you are making a new site for yourself, or that you are going to be making tempates for other people(to sell)?

    1) I would suggest using loadMovie for each page. I like loadMovieNum.

    2) Font size, I would say, shouldn't be less than 10. The main thing is to make sure your text is readable, which is mostly an issue of enough contrast between text and what's behind the text. (Ignore the poor contrast on my own project :)

    3) You don't have to dynamically load text into you .swf, but it's a good idea often times. It will not add any file size to your .swf. Check out the tags you can use with render as HTML for more dynamic text options.

    HTH
    cheers

    -beally-
    -------------------------
    "Senior Member" - experienced at messing things up
    CurrentProject - feedback appreciated
    abeall webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi!

    Thanks for the tips. In fact, it is going to be a presentation for my designs rather than a template :-) And I'll have to learn much much more.

    I liked your project though I think you could make it a little more classy. You've got some very nice effects there and a hi-tech (or scientific) idea is also cool, but it seems to me you could experiment with alpha a bit... maybe add black; make your colors a little darker. But on the whole, you did a great job!

    In any case, I mean well. It's just my opinion. Probably I am too obsessed with black color and style :-)

    Regards, Ellania

    Ellania webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Glad I could help

    Thanks for the feedback. "opinions" are really the most important feedback I can get, so thanks.

    I've got many other sites in the works for clients, some more classy, some brighter, some more abstract, ect. so I will be trying all sorts of styles.

    Cheers

    -beally-
    -------------------------

  5. #5

    You are right, variety is important. It's all good as far as it keeps your clients happy :-)

    Happy New year to you all!

    Ellania

    [url]http://www.ivotestyle.com[/url]

    Ellania webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    You are right, variety is important. It's all good as far it keeps your clients happy :-)

    Happy New year to you all!

    Ellania

    [url]www.ivotestyle.com[/url]

    Ellania webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest