Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash wont work for Non Admin/power user accounts - Macromedia Flash Player

Hi~ we use a win 2003 terminal server. users with administrative rights can view flash but wont work for non admin users. any ideas? also when uninstalling do we have to use the uninstall.exe or use add/remove programs? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but had no success......

  1. #1

    Default Flash wont work for Non Admin/power user accounts

    Hi~

    we use a win 2003 terminal server. users with administrative rights can view
    flash but wont work for non admin users. any ideas? also when uninstalling do
    we have to use the uninstall.exe or use add/remove programs? I've tried
    uninstalling and reinstalling but had no success...

    yvon7979 Guest

  2. #2

    Did you install the downloaded flash player or install off the web. We have installed off the web(active x control). Once installed as an admin it works for all users.
    trollman Guest

  3. #3

    yvon7979 wrote:
    > Hi~
    >
    > we use a win 2003 terminal server. users with administrative rights can view
    > flash but wont work for non admin users. any ideas? also when uninstalling do
    > we have to use the uninstall.exe or use add/remove programs? I've tried
    > uninstalling and reinstalling but had no success...
    Known issue with the new 8,0,24,0 upate to Flash Player, doented in
    this technote:
    " Problems running Flash Player 8.0.24.0 ActiveX control after
    installation when logged in as Restricted User on Windows"
    ([url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/624850b5[/url])

    Bentley Wolfe
    Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
    *Macromedia, now a division of Adobe Systems
    Bentley Wolfe [Adobe] Guest

  4. #4

    I uninstalled flash 8 with the unintall executable... then I downloaded the flash 7 from the archives and installed offline... now it is working fine~ whew!!
    yvon7979 Guest

  5. #5

    [q]Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
    yvon7979 wrote:
    > Hi~
    >
    > we use a win 2003 terminal server. users with administrative rights can
    view
    > flash but wont work for non admin users. any ideas? also when uninstalling
    do
    > we have to use the uninstall.exe or use add/remove programs? I've tried
    > uninstalling and reinstalling but had no success...
    Known issue with the new 8,0,24,0 upate to Flash Player, doented in
    this technote:
    " Problems running Flash Player 8.0.24.0 ActiveX control after
    installation when logged in as Restricted User on Windows"
    ([url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/624850b5[/url])

    Bentley Wolfe
    Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
    *Macromedia, now a division of Adobe Systems
    [/q]

    This still happens with the new Flash player 9. It was working before I
    upgraded. Is this a design feature, or will it eventually be fixed?

    tsanga13 Guest

  6. #6

    Flash Player 9, unlike Flash Player 8, creates registry keys with permissions
    only for the administrative user that installed it. If the administrative user
    that installed FP 9 uninstalls it, and a second administrative user installs
    it, then permissions on the newly created registry keys have their permissions
    limited to the second administrative user, and the first administrative user
    cannot use FP 9 anymore. It doesn't happen with FP 8. I've verified this on
    one home PC with FP9 and one with FP8, as well as a work PC at another site.
    I've reported it to Adobe support and have been waiting since 1/3/2007 for a
    reply.

    TechWtr Guest

  7. #7

    I uninstalled IE7 and went back to IE6. FP9 apparently has no issues any more on my computer on either administrator or limited accounts.
    tsanga13 Guest

  8. #8

    Okay, I run a network of three terminal servers supporting 100 users. Servers
    run IE7 and Server 2003. Latest version of Flash (9) DOES NOT work under any
    user account other than administrator. Trust Adobe to take a perfectly good
    product and totally wreck it.

    Lets hope everybody adopts Microsoft's Flash alternative. Do you hear that
    Adobe? Thin client computing is growing and if you don't fix this sort of
    rubbish, Flash will die and all the money you put into aquiring Macromedia will
    be for nothing.

    TheJMeister Guest

  9. #9

    True...we have 2000 computers that can't watch anything that require "FLASH PLAYER 9" because of this non-admin security rights, and install-problem.. Does microsoft have its own flash player you say?
    polarboy Guest

  10. #10

    We have solved the problem on our terminal servers. You need to run the uninstall, reboor, run the uninstall again and then reinstall, making sure that there are no users logged in at the time.
    nigel2000 Guest

  11. #11

    i have downloaded this and it don't work, a waste of drive space. can it be corrected ?
    sizzlerjoe Guest