Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash9.ocx version still crashes IE7 - Macromedia Flash Player

I'm running an HP XP media center with SP2 and IE7. Have all the latest updates. Uninstalled and reinstalled browser and Flash many times through many versions. Tried the bug fix mentioned in this forum. When on a page with flash video, ie. utube, myspace, etc., the browser still crashes because of Flash9d.ocx. This has happened on a regular basis, for over a year now. Even with a single page up it will crash shortly after the page loads, but sometimes it will hold out a little longer. I've been reading the forums so I know this is not uncommon. ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash9.ocx version still crashes IE7

    I'm running an HP XP media center with SP2 and IE7.
    Have all the latest updates.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled browser and Flash many times through many versions.
    Tried the bug fix mentioned in this forum.

    When on a page with flash video, ie. utube, myspace, etc., the browser still
    crashes because of Flash9d.ocx. This has happened on a regular basis, for over
    a year now. Even with a single page up it will crash shortly after the page
    loads, but sometimes it will hold out a little longer.

    I've been reading the forums so I know this is not uncommon.
    I've tried to call Adobe, but their system disconnnects the call after a
    couple of minutes on hold. (There's a pattern there!)

    Microsoft says it's a problem with the Flash player. Adobe says nothing!

    Is anyone working on this, officially, or has it been ignored?
    Does anyone else provide a flash player, other than Adobe? This has been
    going on far too long.

    @t Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash9d.ocx version still crashes IE7

    :sad;
    I've had the same problem. I am currently going thru this flash9d.ocx fiasco.
    I cant explain what is wrong, I only wish that adobe does something very
    quickly. I hate surfing the internet now due to being cut-off. Very
    disappointing when dealing with two powerhouse companies like adobe and
    windows. Currently I have all updates from both companies and this has not
    resolved anything. Please help?..

    ebanchs Guest

  3. #3

    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm pretty sure that ADOBE and MR.
    BENTLEY WOOLF have decided to turn their backs on us along with the geniuses at
    MS. I have yet to find any solutions whatsoever and have been suffering
    through this absolute crap on a daily basis. Each company's developers should
    be SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    mrhcky20 Guest

  4. #4

    Gives ya the S***'s when ya looking at 5 or more pages and it keep crashing IE7.... I did the same as t ... Un + reinstall IE7, same for Flash..... got Flash 8 on now and it's all the same ?

    :(

    Ex-Elite Guest

  5. #5

    Gee, I'm running an HP XP MCE w SP2 IE7 and all the latest updates too!!!
    To answer your question, no Adobe is not working on this because they don't
    really care.
    I shudder everytime I see I'm being pointed to a PDF or a Flash doent as I
    hate all these things.
    Give me a Word doent and something that play movies in a more universal
    format anytime.
    For now I have the Flash player turned off (who wants IE crashing all the
    time?).
    I doubt they will ever fix it.
    Just wait for a new version.:disgust;

    whocares666 Guest

  6. #6

    Hey me too!
    Have yet to report it, but looking at the other posts don't hold hold out much hope.
    I can view the media at work but not on home PC, aargh! How frustrating :frown;
    All Guest

  7. #7

    You already HAVE reported it. Right here. Adobe would have you believe QUOTE
    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support. END QUOTE. I no longer accept this crap from
    corporate America. Adobe provides this forum; Adobe is responsible for this
    forum, whether they like it or not.

    Have you noticed how companies now put horrible registration/submission
    procedures between you and submitting problems? They say this is to make life
    better. They are in denial. The real reason is simply to REDUCE the number of
    complaints because they won't spend the money for proper support.

    It's that simple, really. It's like "due to unexpected call volume ...".
    Unexpected? Really? It happens EVERY DAY, duh. It's just a lie to deny
    responsibility for "we won't spend enough to hire enough people to answer the
    phone. We hope you're just give up. Adobe is particularly arrogant in this
    regard.

    I know this because I used to be "one of them". And it's the ACCOUNTING
    department that ultimately budgets such things through a kind of reverse
    osmosis.

    - Greg

    whocares666 Guest

  8. #8

    Well folks, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but yesterday night I went out
    and replaced my RAM memory. Not that I think it matters, but I went from 1 gig
    to 2. Anyhow, since it has been in my cpu, I have yet to encounter that
    ***damn crash error I used to see with regularity. I don't exactly know if
    maybe I'm just getting lucky to this point or not but my IE seems to have
    stabilized. Just thought y'all might be interested in hearing that. Do with
    it what you will.......

    mrhcky20 Guest

  9. #9

    Hi, today I've encountered same problem after reinstalling XP prof. IE kept
    crashing on various sites. Installes IE 7 no solution.
    Now I've reinstalled XP again(with IE6) and then first installed the Adobe
    flash player ..47...and then checked if I still got the error on flash9d.ocx.
    The sites on which I got this error report with flash9d.ocx went OK now. After
    checking this I then installed the updates from Microsoft, still gives no
    problem on the sites which first gave problem to open.

    Hope this will help.

    29wous Guest

  10. #10

    The Flash crashes seem to be even more frequent. Here is the Event Viewer log:

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 8/23/2007
    Time: 9:01:08 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: ZZZZZZ

    Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.16512, faulting module
    flash9d.ocx, version 9.0.47.0, fault address 0x00099a25.

    Data:
    0000: 6c707041 74616369 206e6f69 6c696146
    0010: 20657275 78656920 726f6c70 78652e65
    0020: 2e372065 30362e30 312e3030 32313536
    0030: 206e6920 73616c66 2e643968 2078636f
    0040: 2e302e39 302e3734 20746120 7366666f
    0050: 30207465 39393030 0d353261 0a

    Martin239 Guest

  11. #11

    Well, there's no question that putting new memory in my computer has solved my
    problem. 8 days post memory change and I still have yet to experience any type
    of flash error whatsoever. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    mrhcky20 Guest

  12. #12

    You also might want to try installing the new beta mentioned near the bottom of
    this email:

    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=18
    4&threadid=1225746&STARTPAGE=6&enterthread=y

    It's helped my crashing some, although certainly not eliminated it. However,
    most flash apps now at least run for a bit, and if I'm only running a tab or
    two I don't have many issues.

    GregInCos Guest

  13. #13

    Glad yours is working better with the added expense, but you shouldn't really
    have had to do that to simply view webpages without the whole freakin' browser
    crashing every time a site wants to use Flash9. I just got a new desktop here
    at the office with 2G of RAM already installed and it's crashed twice since
    this morning. Both times, the tech info indicted Flash9 as the culprit. Some of
    the other forums I've been in recommend going back to version 7 of Flash. Dunno
    whether to try it or not, but I'm really, REALLY tired of Adobe wrecking my
    internet use.:disgust;

    Professor Guest

  14. #14

    Can we concentrate all discussion of IE7 crashing into one thread, preferably
    'Flash9b.ocx crash once again'????

    I just wrote an explanation of what we're attempting to do to fix this as we
    continue to develop the latest beta of Flash Player 9..

    Bentley

    BWolfe Guest

  15. #15

    I am also having endless problems with IE7 and FF2 closing down when playing
    flash games, viewing videos in you-tube and bebo.. I am also getting total
    shutdown and restarts (3 today) .. with 3 different reports from microsoft.. A
    driver problem, a hardware problem and a RAM problem.. some days as many as 15
    browser closings. I have un-installed flash and shockwave players and
    re-installed them twice also un-installed Firefox. I have un-installed my
    nvidia driver and got the latest one installed. nothing is consistent with some
    days only a couple of error blocks. I have tried everyone I know for help and
    getting nowhere. A couple of shockwave plug-in error blocks too. I asked in a
    site called All-Experts and even they replied that they had no solution :(

    FionaFL Guest

  16. #16

    This problem is continuing to haunt me. I run Windows XP media center edition
    2004 with everything updated and tweeked to the hilt. I have 1gig of RAM. I
    did the uninstall with the ADOBE uninstaller and then a reinstall, but that
    only seemed to work temporarily and now we are back to regular crashes when
    either MySpace or YouTube is loaded on a given tab.....It is really irritating
    me at this point. Any help/commentary other than that already noted here will
    be of great value.

    vain68 Guest

  17. #17

    I had the same problem, but I think I've figured it out. I uninstalled by going
    to the following link:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=2

    I downloaded "uninstall_flash_player.exe" for Windows. As a precaution, I also
    uninstalled other Adobe products, like Reader, by going through Control Panel,
    Add or Remove Programs on my computer. I then installed Macromedia Flash Player
    8 by downloading "install Flash Player 8 ActiveX.msi". (You'll need to search
    for this because I've already forgotten where I got it on the 'Net. Anyway, so
    far, I've had no problem with the Flash9d.ocx error message. I'm not a
    computer wiz, so I apologize for the simpleton explanation of what I did. Good
    Luck, everyone!

    sudy1956 Guest

  18. #18

    I think I fixed my flash9d.ocx failure. I decided to see what website in
    particular starts causing failure (within 5 minutes). This was one of them:

    http://www.jutarnji.hr/nedjeljni_jutarnji/clanak/art-2007,11,4,hrvati_srbi,96715
    ..jl
    (Totally legitimate Croatian daily news paper web site with some flash
    banners).
    I would open this web page and I would have failure within 5 minutes (tried 6
    times ? after couple minutes my explorer would show flash9d.ocx failure).
    Initially I unistalled my flash player and removed registry issues (using
    CCleaner) but that did not fix anything.
    Then I uninstalled both Flashplayer and also Shockwave player. I removed all
    registry issues again after removing those two players by using CCleaner (maybe
    that was not necessary but I did it anyways).
    Now the above mentioned website shows no issues for over one hour.
    I think there are other issues in relation to flash9d.ocx failure, but this
    one looks resolved by reinstalling shockwave player (or if you don?t have one,
    consider installing it).

    Hopefully this one helps

    Burgijaz Guest

  19. #19

    Hi, maybe an issue:

    1/Try to download and run the Flash player uninstaller at:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157 .

    2/Dowload, unzipp and run Dial-a-fix Microsoft Patch at:
    http://www.download3k.com/DownloadLink1-Dial-a-fix.html .

    3/Repair Internet Explore 7: Clic on START, open RUN and type or paste this:
    rundll32.exe setupapi, InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %windir%Infie.inf

    than clic on OK.

    4/ Reboot

    5/ Go to Windows Update to see if some Updates are ready for you and in case
    install Updates.

    6/Go to Flash Player download center and install the last version.

    [q]Originally posted by: Burgijaz
    I thought reinstalling shockwave player would fix probelm...but not...[/q]

    Text

    Harykosek Guest

  20. #20

    Replying to "BWolfe [ADOBE]" from 8/24/07, I can't find anything regarding your
    comment "I just wrote an explanation of what we're attempting to do to fix
    this". Can you tell me what you or Adobe wrote?

    Wow, I've only just begun to experience this Flash problem in the last couple
    days, but have had IE7 installed for a week or two. Can anyone state in simple
    lay language if unstalling the current version and reinstalling the new version
    fixes the error? Can anyone at Adobe give an update on any of this? I haven't
    found any comprehensive info.

    Figured I'd give it a shot...

    tricia_cb Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast