Professional Web Applications Themes

Flashplayer Installed but NOT Working...Please HELP - Macromedia Flash Player

I have had Flashplayer installed on my computer for over a year. Then, about 4 days ago, it stopped working. Now whenever I got to a web page that has a Flashplayer window I get a blank white square. The content never loads. I've tried upgrading to Flashplayer 8. I've downloaded the uninstall program. I've uninstalled. I've downloaded the off-line installer and reinstalled. I've rebooted between each operation. I've tried uninstalling and then downloading the installation. NOTHING IS WORKING. What can I do? It's like there's something stuck in some cache somewhere that needs to be cleaned out...but I have ...

  1. #1

    Default Flashplayer Installed but NOT Working...Please HELP

    I have had Flashplayer installed on my computer for over a year. Then, about 4
    days ago, it stopped working. Now whenever I got to a web page that has a
    Flashplayer window I get a blank white square. The content never loads.

    I've tried upgrading to Flashplayer 8. I've downloaded the uninstall program.
    I've uninstalled. I've downloaded the off-line installer and reinstalled.
    I've rebooted between each operation. I've tried uninstalling and then
    downloading the installation.

    NOTHING IS WORKING. What can I do? It's like there's something stuck in some
    cache somewhere that needs to be cleaned out...but I have no clue.

    Any input would be helpful. This is VERY frustrating as many things rely on
    FLASH technology.

    wildmabj Guest

  2. #2

    Forgot to mention that I'm using MSN Explorer on Windows XP Home Edition.
    wildmabj Guest

  3. #3

    dear wildmabj i am having a similar problem except my flash player was
    uninstalled by some idiot using my computer so when i reinstalled from this
    site i don't know where it installed to so all my swf files won't play since i
    can't select the flash player application to open them with (select from the
    list); this is serious....like you said many things rely on FLASH

    senorloro Guest

  4. #4

    I am having the same problems and haven't been able to fix it. I also am a Msn user. Please let know if you have fixed it. Thank you.
    LaurieSz Guest

  5. #5

    I am having the same problem. I have uninstalled, re-installed. This seems to have happened right after a recent Windows Update.

    RM <- :frown;
    RanMitch Guest

  6. #6

    Same problem here! The difference with me is that all flash content works for
    me except for one thing on one page. it was working fine the other day and now
    it's just a black rectangle. It works fine for everyone else viewing the site.

    inspiress Guest

  7. #7

    YES! Same problem. I've been using this player to listen to streaming radio
    via the internet. It's worked fine for weeks, and now all of a sudden it
    doesn't work. It will begin to launch when I click "listen now", but only the
    shell loads. It does not connect. Not only that, but it locks up my Internet
    Explorer causing me to have to use the Task Manager to close it down. What's
    going on? Anyone? Buehler...?

    paqrmatt Guest

  8. #8

    you should support only those websites that don't use flash.
    thisisnottaken999123 Guest

  9. #9

    Try to install the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player.
    redkrypt0n Guest

  10. #10

    Try to install the new version of Macromedia Flash Player.. Hope it works for you!
    redkrypt0n Guest