Professional Web Applications Themes

FlashPlayer9 help needed. - Macromedia Flash Player

Hello, I am having issues after installing FlashPlayer9. My son plays a game called "UBFunkeys" on his computer. One day when he clicked the shortcut on his desktop to access the game a message came up telling him that he needed to download and install Adobe FlashPlayer 9 before he could continue. I successfully downloaded and installed it on both browsers we use on the computer, Firefox and Internet Explorer. When we try to access the game by clicking on the shortcut, we still get the same message even though I did as instructed. When you click on the message, ...

  1. #1

    Default FlashPlayer9 help needed.

    Hello, I am having issues after installing FlashPlayer9. My son plays a game
    called "UBFunkeys" on his computer. One day when he clicked the shortcut on his
    desktop to access the game a message came up telling him that he needed to
    download and install Adobe FlashPlayer 9 before he could continue. I
    successfully downloaded and installed it on both browsers we use on the
    computer, Firefox and Internet Explorer. When we try to access the game by
    clicking on the shortcut, we still get the same message even though I did as
    instructed. When you click on the message, you are then taken to the Adobe
    download page. Did I do something wrong during the download/install? I'd really
    like to get this resolved asap as my son is disabled and his favorite thing is
    his computer and this game. He is having a real hard time understanding why it
    won't work and I am frustrated at trying to resolve it as well. I tried the
    support at UBFunkeys and they told me that Adobewould have to solve this as it
    is a different program than Funkeys. I also noticed that I am not the only one
    experiencing this problems I saw a thread in the Funkeys forum describing the
    same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    ts13209 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: FlashPlayer9 help needed.

    I'm having a similar problem to what you are having, it is so frustrating!!!!
    kevsunuk Guest

  3. #3

    I'm having the same problem. I am running Vista. Last time this happened, I uninstalled flash and reinstalled it and that fixed the problem. This time it didn't help at all. Very confused.
    raw-bee Guest

  4. #4

    :confused; Same thing - Using Win XP Internet Explorer 7 - Can not get Flash
    to operate. Usually get message to install Flash. Latest version installed as
    well active X. Everything works just fine in Netscape.

    Any clues out there - would be much appreciated

    visoft Guest

  5. #5

    my son is a Webinz World game player and is dedicated to this everyday.
    However all works except going to the game of the day section, and a screen
    comes up saying a "movie script is not compatible with flashplayer 9 and we
    will have to end this session. This has just happen over the past two days.
    Please help me with correcting this problem. Annie101

    annie101 Guest

  6. #6

    ok, so i was having the same problem. i tried reinstalling it several times, to no avail. but, if you remove flash player completely including the activeX control, then reinstall it, it should work.
    JohnnyChimpo241 Guest

  7. #7

    UPDATE: Issue solved.
    Posting this in hopes this may help others who are having similar issues.
    I was told by Radica (makers of my son's online game) to go to Abode and do
    the following to solve the issue:
    Note : It was recommended to me to do the following procedures in the Internet
    Explorer browser only.
    1) Download and install, then run the Flash Player uninstall program.
    2) Restart your computer
    which at this posting time is version 9.0.124.0 ), install and then run the
    program.
    That should solve the issue.

    ts13209 Guest

  8. #8

    I've tried everything - uninstall, reinstall, Active X, etc. I have two
    browsers - IE and Firefox. IE plays every video, no problem when I installed
    Flash Player. But not with Firefox. After downloading the player, when I click
    install, I get the following screen:
    Adobe Flash Player Plug-in Setup "The following applications need to be
    closed before the Adobe Flash Player can be installed" Under that is the word
    Forefox. If I close it, how can I get to the Internet to download and install
    it? Puzzled and confused, not to mention frustrated. What am I doing wrong?

    praglen Guest

  9. #9

    [q]Originally posted by: praglen
    I've tried everything - uninstall, reinstall, Active X, etc. I have two
    browsers - IE and Firefox. IE plays every video, no problem when I installed
    Flash Player. But not with Firefox. After downloading the player, when I click
    install, I get the following screen:
    Adobe Flash Player Plug-in Setup "The following applications need to be
    closed before the Adobe Flash Player can be installed" Under that is the word
    Forefox. If I close it, how can I get to the Internet to download and install
    it? Puzzled and confused, not to mention frustrated. What am I doing wrong?[/q]
    I don't know if this is any help, but I was instructed by Radica Tech Support,
    makers of my son's online game that required Flash Player, to download,
    install, and run the Flash Player program in my Internet Explorer browser only.
    She said that it is easier to do in IE than Firefox and that's why they
    recommend it to people who call. I guess there is more complicated steps doing
    through Firefox. I've noticed when my kids play online games they have to do
    the majority of them on the IE browser as they don't work on Firefox. That's
    too bad because i like Firefox better and that's what I use when I'm online 99%
    of the time. Too bad the developers at Mozilla can't make Firefox able to do
    the same thing as IE in regards to games and other things like downloading and
    installing programs like Flash player among others.

    ts13209 Guest

  10. #10

    :disgust;
    I have tried multiple ways tomake the flash player work (Iinstalled the
    latest version and my computer states it is successfullly installed), but I can
    get it to work with any content. I have installed/uninstalled the player,
    activi=ex-controls, subACL, changed privacy and security to allow it. At this
    point I;m not sure what to do. The previous players worked well, and I was
    able to utilize all the content that needed to play, now I cnt access any of
    it. Solution?

    Bettyboophume Guest