Professional Web Applications Themes

FlashPlayerTrust Folder not working on 9.0.115 - Macromedia Flash Player

Hi, We have recently upgraded a couple of machines to the latest flash player 9.0.115, from 9.0.47. In 9.0.47 when running in an HTA (Microsoft HTML application), flash trusted the local machine and CD. Previously we used the FlashPlayerTrust trust folder, but we had stopped using this when we discovered it worked without. However since the upgrade, both methods (HTA and FlashPlayerTrust) appear to have stopped working. We have tried specifying the exact file name in the FlashPlayerTrust file of each swf, and a global folder. We have also tried putting the .cfg in both the user profile and the ...

  1. #1

    Default FlashPlayerTrust Folder not working on 9.0.115

    Hi,

    We have recently upgraded a couple of machines to the latest flash player
    9.0.115, from 9.0.47. In 9.0.47 when running in an HTA (Microsoft HTML
    application), flash trusted the local machine and CD. Previously we used the
    FlashPlayerTrust trust folder, but we had stopped using this when we discovered
    it worked without.

    However since the upgrade, both methods (HTA and FlashPlayerTrust) appear to
    have stopped working.

    We have tried specifying the exact file name in the FlashPlayerTrust file of
    each swf, and a global folder.

    We have also tried putting the .cfg in both the user profile and the
    windows\system32.

    Are there any changes to the Security logic between versions? Is this a known
    issue with 9.0.115? If not has anyone got a sample program that does
    "fscommand" that runs from a CD/local computer?

    Yours hopefully,

    Alex

    alexp700 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: FlashPlayerTrust Folder not working on 9.0.115

    Update: Seems to be related to using "javascript: " as a nav link in IE 7.
    Interestingly the same code works fine from/in Firefox. So it looks like there
    really is an issue in IE7 with 9.0.115 and CD based security. We can probably
    work round it, but it would be nice to see it acknowledged.

    Alex

    alexp700 Guest

  3. #3

    Can you file a case with Flash authoring support? They'll escalate as
    necessary.. (I'd handle it myself, but there's only one of me.....)

    Also be reading the new security changes.. I don't think this is directly
    connected, but there are changes you should be aware of:
    "Security changes in Flash Player 9"
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/fplayer9_security.html

    BWolfe Guest

  4. #4

    Thankyou, I will. We have now isolated the problem to getURL("javascript:"). We
    have changed everything to FSCommand, which still seems to work, so its not
    that big a problem (except we'd used it everywhere...). Basically getURL no
    longer respects the trust files. Thanks for the link, I'd actually come across
    it, and I can see quite a lot has obviously been changed in that area!

    Keep up the good work!

    Alex

    alexp700 Guest

  5. #5

    Similar problem. I've been relying on GetURL to display messages in a browser
    form from Flash. I'm kind of out-of-practice using FSCommand. Is it safe to
    assume this is a bug that will be ironed out? If so, I won't make any changes.

    Tom Guest

  6. #6

    alexp700: having a similar problem, about to test with FSCommand. Question: are you using AS2.0 or AS3.0 and which flash player version are you targetting?
    polyphonic13 Guest

  7. #7

    We're mainly on 1 or 2 - trying to go for the biggest coverage of player. FSCommand has removed the problem for us.
    alexp700 Guest

  8. #8

    Alexp700, can I get your support case number?

    We've got multiple reports of this on forums and internally. So now that we're
    all back from holiday breaks and back up to speed we're testing. Thanks for
    your patience.

    BWolfe Guest

  9. #9

    All:

    I've got findings on this posted to 'Flash Player 9r115 getURL() local'. Let's try to keep things in that thread if possible. Seems to be IE7 only...
    BWolfe Guest

  10. #10

    BWolfe, Any updates?

    If I dont trust the folder/CD I do get an alert about the swf trying to
    communicate. When I do trust it the getURL()local is ignored.

    I'll look into FSCommand and Flash8 API calls for new work. I can not imagine
    updating all of my previous courses... thats a lot of work, and it must run on
    IE because its the government standard.

    I just downgraded to flash player 9.0.47 an waiting for a player patch.

    Thanks, and I hope to hear some good news.

    saoudi Guest

  11. #11

    can u sumerize the solution for me,please.
    Raja314 Guest

  12. #12

    any solutions?
    TrilinearJet Guest

  13. #13

    Any updates already?

    http://www.specialtours.nl
    Robberents Guest

  14. #14

    Update for what? I dont think it is a known issue. From the explanation, it looks very specific.
    Blogrepreneur Guest

  15. #15

    Update for the flash player...or maybe he meaned patch.
    Andrey. Guest

  16. #16

    hi,
    Thanks for thist god post.
    http://www.oyunvar.com - http://www.oyunvar.com/10688_varmisinyokmusun.html
    benozgur Guest

  17. #17

    [q]Originally posted by: Andrey.
    Update for the flash player...or maybe he meaned patch.[/q]

    This local playback issue will be addressed in an upcoming Flash Player update.

    There is a technote describing this and one other issue, here:
    "getURL and navigateToURL issues with Flash Player 9.0.115.0 ActiveX control"
    (http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403072)

    BWolfe Guest

  18. #18

    Thanks for the update.

    http://www.arknol.com/
    Arknol Guest

  19. #19

    upgrading as suggested by BWolfe should work for everyone with this issue
    prithvis Guest

  20. #20

    very cool to update
    jack Guest