Professional Web Applications Themes

Flast Installation Not Recognized - Macromedia Flash Player

Like I said, I went to the Adobe website and successfully installed FP9. However, when I go to most Flash websites, it redirects me to the page for installation. When I click on Install, it takes me to the Install page and I do it again. Of course I've tried uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling...the whole shabang. Even the Adobe website isn't recognizing it. Any ideas? Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default Flast Installation Not Recognized

    Like I said, I went to the Adobe website and successfully installed FP9.
    However, when I go to most Flash websites, it redirects me to the page for
    installation. When I click on Install, it takes me to the Install page and I
    do it again. Of course I've tried uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling...the
    whole shabang. Even the Adobe website isn't recognizing it. Any ideas? Thanks

    heat_fan1 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flast Installation Not Recognized

    I am having the same problem with my daughter's computer. I would like to know also.
    Thanks!
    teacherkira1 Guest

  3. #3

    What's more interesting is that it only started in the last week.
    heat_fan1 Guest

  4. #4

    I have been having the same exact issue - just over the past couple days. I
    messaged Adobe support about it but haven't heard back yet. It is annoying
    because I'm noticing a heck of a lot of websites use Flash and I'm not seeing
    them correctly. If someone learns something please reply back here - I could
    really use a solution.:mad;

    Info Guest

  5. #5

    i am having the same poblem as heat fan 1, please advise
    lennydixie Guest

  6. #6

    Same problem here - if someone sees an answer - please email me as I am travelling - rr.com
    Sjaffe0117 Guest

  7. #7

    I have windows vista and after able to play you tube for 2 months ,I am no
    longer able to,due to "no flash player".

    I have tried to install/uninstall itumpteenth time without success. any help?
    any body?

    thank you
    :confused;

    sleepmd Guest

  8. #8

    Same problem as heat_fan1. Use Vista HP. Unable to view videos using Flash. First happened evening of 17th. Have tried all possible solutions on other blogs etc....

    Can anyone help?
    dan189* Guest

  9. #9

    I'm also using Vista. Is everyone here using Vista?
    heat_fan1 Guest

  10. #10

    hi heat fan 1 , i'm using windows xp. my IP is AOL 9.0VR . there's bound to be somebody out there that has a solution for this annoying problem.
    lennydixie Guest

  11. #11

    There are a few fixes that I've read... None of which worked.

    I found the problem and it was with my firewall actually... I use norton as my
    firewall and I just turned it off... Went back to the page and it loaded up
    just fine... So need-less-to-say I uninstalled norton and got me a different
    firewall.

    For Vista users you may also try going to:
    1.) Find C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash and right click on
    NPSWF32_FlashUtil
    2.) Click Run as...
    3.) Run as Administrator...
    4.) Follow the update and go back to the website you were trying to access.

    Another method is to completely uninstall the flash player...
    Restart...
    And reinstall flash player...

    Trouble- Guest

  12. #12

    I was having the same problem. Running Vista and Flash Player had been working
    fine for months and then suddenly this past week websites started telling me it
    wasn't installed. Not all websites though, youtube still worked.

    Anyway after getting frustrated after reinstalling it using the web installer
    didn't work I decided to try the redistributable installer and it fixed the
    problem.

    You can request the redistributable installer here:
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=flash

    JohnnyHotsauce4873 Guest

  13. #13

    Well, I will give that a try. I tried everything I could think of today on my daughters computer and couldn't get it to work. Same problems as described above.
    fisrman Guest

  14. #14

    How did you know which one to download? EXE? MSM? MSI?
    fisrman Guest

  15. #15

    ..MSI, .EXE and .MSM can all be installers. I went with the .msi.
    JohnnyHotsauce4873 Guest

  16. #16

    I installed the MSI and it seems to have worked. I'm still don't know what the problem was, but if we're all having it, we can't be the only ones. I hope Adobe knows about it.
    heat_fan1 Guest

  17. #17

    I have tried uninstalling, and re-installing many times. It works, until you have to re-start windows.
    ldavis10 Guest

  18. #18

    :grin;Thank you all so much. I thought that something was wrong with me and I
    was going crazy. Right now, I don't have cable so I have been watching all of
    my shows online. Just like the majority of you, last week my flash player just
    stopped working. Youtube was fine, everything else would say I didn't have it
    installed. I blamed people who I allow to share my computer for doing
    something to it. I ran my anti-spy, anti-virus, rechecked my firewall,
    uninstalled and reinstalled my flash player and reinstalled it several more
    times to get it to work again. Nothing worked. Thank God for this forum and
    you all are such blessings to show me that I am not the only one. I have
    Windows XP running so I don't know what happened to cause this, but it's fixed
    now and I thank you all.

    theshortzeta Guest

  19. #19

    Did you fix it with the redistributable installer?
    fisrman Guest

  20. #20

    No i am still having problems; i followed instructions per hyperlink and
    seemingly downloaded flash player, but every time i go in to a website that
    requires it i.e. video this message still comes up 'you need to down load flash
    player' in which i go through the whole process again!

    lennydixie Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast