Professional Web Applications Themes

Flow around selection - Macromedia Freehand

Hi. When I use text>flow around selection. My text goes to one side of my shape not to both sides,How can I solve this issue? For a better view you can go to: [url]http://www.geocities.com/rezasaheban/flow.gif[/url] (copy and paste it into your browser)...

  1. #1

    Default Flow around selection

    Hi.
    When I use text>flow around selection. My text goes to one side of my shape
    not to both sides,How can I solve this issue?
    For a better view you can go to:
    [url]http://www.geocities.com/rezasaheban/flow.gif[/url]
    (copy and paste it into your browser)

    Reza Saheban Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flow around selection

    Reza,
    Try adding a few spaces to your text. Text wrap assumes you're using words
    with spaces.

    Judy Arndt

    Reza Saheban wrote:
    > When I use text>flow around selection. My text goes to one side of my shape
    > not to both sides,How can I solve this issue?
    > For a better view you can go to:
    > [url]http://www.geocities.com/rezasaheban/flow.gif[/url]
    > (copy and paste it into your browser)

    Judy Arndt Guest

  3. #3

    I can't fix the problem. Even I increased "min" and "opt" in properties panel
    (space section of the text) again the text is located on the right side of the
    shape not on the both side. Should I add anything to stand off section? But I
    add a few numbers and I couldn't fix it. Once I used space tab (keyboard) to
    add space to each alphabet but for a page with 100 words each 5 alphabets I
    should add space 500 times! Is there any easy way? Even in this way sometimes
    it is not ok.

    Reza Saheban Guest

  4. #4

    Reza Saheban wrote:
    > I can't fix the problem. Even I increased "min" and "opt" in properties panel
    > (space section of the text) again the text is located on the right side of the
    > shape not on the both side. Should I add anything to stand off section? But I
    > add a few numbers and I couldn't fix it. Once I used space tab (keyboard) to
    > add space to each alphabet but for a page with 100 words each 5 alphabets I
    > should add space 500 times! Is there any easy way? Even in this way sometimes
    > it is not ok.

    What Judy meant was that Freehand will see all those 't's you've typed
    as one long word, and be unable to wrap it properly. Leave your
    word/letter spacing alone. I'm not sure what you mean by 'alphabets',
    but if all those t's are an atempt at dummy/placeholder text, then it
    would better to use some 'Lorem ipsom' (nonsensical mock-latin that is
    supposed to mimic the average english text in dummy layouts). Here's
    some to copy and paste into your doent, courtesy of InDesign:

    Quat vel ip el ulpute magna consed min ut irit, quismod mod tis ad ting
    esequis dolessequat. Duisit vel utpatue feuis augiamet volenis ad delis
    ad molorem euguer alit lut lutpat. Usto od doluptat, commodi piscili
    quamcon sequatin ut la autpati onulla con henim quat, quat utat. Ut do
    odolenit luptat adip et prat.
    Gait ationse dignisi tat adipit laore duisci etuero et, summy nulputp
    atummy nulput la commolore tismodolor sent ut nim volendio conse dolenis
    aut adionseniam digna facil utem zzrilit ad min veraessi.
    Pit laor irit volut am, vullum ea faci ex et, consecte dolor sustrud te
    con vullan henibh exerilla consequ ismolum zzrit praesse te corperc
    iduisim dolor susto dit luptat lorerostrud molore dolobor erilit vercing
    et, commy nonse tis nulla faciliq uatet, quate con exerius ciliquat, sit
    prat augait augait wisl dit autem deliquat.
    Ignim incidunt iniscilla core magnisit exer am iureet at et wissit ut
    nit augait ea feu facinim ing eugait aliquisim iliquip suscin heniamc
    ommodoloreet prat, conulla facipis diamet veliqui smolorper se magnim
    dit veliqui tate er inim vendiam corerilla consend ionsendre eliquis
    molenisl et, vel eu feui bla aliquipsum ex eu feu feum aliquis molenim
    vulla feugiam consed dignit la consenim velisi er in eu fac velenim
    aliquat nos acil ulla feuisim nim nulputetum duiscin euis nibh ex erat
    luptat, sequismod mincip etum do dolobore elesse diatin velestrud esto
    od exeros do del eugiamet vel inim quisl et, quat ad et lamet venibh
    eumsan et autet lam, quat pratem dolesto eugiam dolum ipit nim nos enisl
    ea facil enisi bla con erat, quipsuscil esed min vercil iure er adiam
    ipit in eliquis augiam incipit augait ipismodit dolorti onsectem quis
    aliquat venim zzrit essenim ipsusto commy nos ercin vullaorem iriurem
    volore min heniamc onummolor amcore vel erat.

    --

    Danny
    Danny Whitehead Guest

  5. #5

    Flow Around Selection and Flow Inside Path will _only_ work predictably with
    text made of words with spaces between words. That's what those features
    were designed for.

    If you are using strings of continuous letters without spaces, then I think
    your only option is to use line returns and tabs.

    Judy Arndt

    Reza Saheban wrote:
    > I can't fix the problem. Even I increased "min" and "opt" in properties panel
    > (space section of the text) again the text is located on the right side of the
    > shape not on the both side. Should I add anything to stand off section? But I
    > add a few numbers and I couldn't fix it. Once I used space tab (keyboard) to
    > add space to each alphabet but for a page with 100 words each 5 alphabets I
    > should add space 500 times! Is there any easy way? Even in this way sometimes
    > it is not ok.

    Judy Arndt Guest

  6. #6

    There's a handy Lorem Ipsum generator here, too:

    [url]http://www.lipsum.com/[/url]

    --
    Bill
    FHMX/Win98/Athlon2500+/512M

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:37:46 +0100, Danny Whitehead
    <dannydontsendspamtobqprint.co.uk> wrote:
    > Reza Saheban wrote:
    >> I can't fix the problem. Even I increased "min" and "opt" in properties
    >> panel (space section of the text) again the text is located on the
    >> right side of the shape not on the both side. Should I add anything to
    >> stand off section? But I add a few numbers and I couldn't fix it. Once
    >> I used space tab (keyboard) to add space to each alphabet but for a
    >> page with 100 words each 5 alphabets I should add space 500 times! Is
    >> there any easy way? Even in this way sometimes it is not ok.
    >>
    > What Judy meant was that Freehand will see all those 't's you've typed
    > as one long word, and be unable to wrap it properly. Leave your
    > word/letter spacing alone. I'm not sure what you mean by 'alphabets',
    > but if all those t's are an atempt at dummy/placeholder text, then it
    > would better to use some 'Lorem ipsom' (nonsensical mock-latin that is
    > supposed to mimic the average english text in dummy layouts). Here's
    > some to copy and paste into your doent, courtesy of InDesign:
    >

    > Quat vel...
    Bill Guest

  7. #7

    :confused;

    Why does Freehand drop sections of text when I use the flow around selection
    tool. If I "undo" the text is still there. I've been using Freehand for years
    and it's always done this. I have a project that is too large to catch this
    error by hand. I'm desperate.

    erinroper Guest