Actions-->Publish as a new page This will create a new page that looks exactly like page one, but of course you save it with a different file name. This also ensures that page 2 is saved in the correct location. Now you have a legitimate page one and page two. Now you can make your anchor link to page 2 easily (and you didn't have to go through adding your image and description again!). HTH :-) [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => redbarron [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Folder and file duplication - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Folder and file duplication - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Not sure what I am doing wrong, need some advice please. I have a site on my .Mac account that I am currently testing with Contribute. I create a draft of page one. Page one is a simple navigation page, using images as a link to page two which has again the same image in the first column of a two column table and the second column has a description of that image. So, I put the required image onto page one by going to image, image from website (easy). I then create a draft from the second page, but ...

  1. #1

    Default Folder and file duplication

    Not sure what I am doing wrong, need some advice please.
    I have a site on my .Mac account that I am currently testing with Contribute.
    I create a draft of page one. Page one is a simple navigation page, using
    images as a link to page two which has again the same image in the first column
    of a two column table and the second column has a description of that image.
    So, I put the required image onto page one by going to image, image from
    website (easy).

    I then create a draft from the second page, but I leave the first draft of
    page one still active so that I can flick between the two pages. Like page one
    I import the image into the first column of page two and put in a description
    of the image. I insert a section anchor next to the image on page two.

    I then go back to page one and create a link from the image on page one to the
    anchor on page two.
    I then publish both pages to the .Mac account.

    The problem I encounter is that when I do it this way Contribute creates a
    duplicate directory structure at the root level on my . Mac account of page one
    and page two htmls and it does not replace the original html files in the
    correct folder.
    If however I changed each page individually and publish them one at a time
    ratther than having both open at once the original folder and file structure is
    not duplicated and the changes are published correctly back to the .Mac account.

    I hope I have made sense.

    cheers,

    Dave

    DaveGreen01 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Folder and file duplication

    I think I see what you're doing, although why the directory structure is being
    duplicated is strange. The easier way to accomplish what you're doing is:
    1. Create page one with the image and description columns, and publish this
    page.
    2. Click EDIT to re-open page one.
    3. Click File-->Actions-->Publish as a new page
    This will create a new page that looks exactly like page one, but of course
    you save it with a different file name. This also ensures that page 2 is saved
    in the correct location.

    Now you have a legitimate page one and page two. Now you can make your anchor
    link to page 2 easily (and you didn't have to go through adding your image and
    description again!). HTH :-)

    redbarron Guest