Professional Web Applications Themes

Form application , nested loading problem ! - Macromedia Flash Actionscript

hi , As you can see in the file ,I'm using a ChildForm Application which have 2 Forms , the first one show the second one in a window component . everything is allright till it's only one form application . I create a Parent Form application which contentpath of the first screen is Childform.swf . when I test movioe the parent form , the window open but the contents of the window doesn't appear !!!!! how can I manage this problem but not with restructuring my files , and make them only one form application ?!!! Thanks alot [url]http://webforums.macromedia.com/attachments/Form-CP.zip[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Form application , nested loading problem !

    MajiDfn webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Form application , nested loading problem !

    You can get this to work by putting the Form called txtForm into its own separate 1-form
    ..swf.

    Parent.swf:
    application
    + testForm

    Child.swf:
    application
    + mainform

    txtForm.swf:
    + application <--- this form contains the contents of what was previously on txtform

    Then when you set the contentPath in createPopup, it will find it.

    Another uglier workaround is simply to put the txtform screen into Parent.swf rather than
    child.swf and not create a third txtForm.swf.

    What you really want to be able to do is have the txtForm as a shared runtime library
    asset, so you can define it in Child and refer to it in the context of Parent.
    Unfortunately, there is no way to directly set the linkage property to "import for runtime
    sharing" like you can with ordinary movie clips, since screens don't appear in the library.

    --
    Ed Skwarecki
    Principal Architect

  3. #3

    Dear Mr.Skwarecki ,
    Thank alot for your reply to my question , it pops alot ideas to my mind . but I have another question :
    I have o pass many parameters and call many functions of txtForm , how can I reach the functions ? Should I use the window handler ?! ie; mywin.content.functionname(); ?!
    this doesn't work . help me to manage this problem .
    thaks alot
    MajiD

    MajiDfn webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    You can refer to the loaded screen with myWin.content.presentation (since it is the root
    slide). E.g. myWin.content.presentation.mytext.text = "foo";

    The tricky part is that you can't do this immediately after you load the sub-form since it
    takes a couple of frames for it to load. You'll need to write some logic to poll for the
    loaded form to finish loading. As a quick check, you can just insert a few keyframes on
    the timeline of "mainform" of the child application and in frame 5 put somthing like

    trace("content text = "+ myWin.content.presentation.mytext.text);
    stop();

    --
    Ed Skwarecki
    Principal Architect

  5. #5

    Dear Mr.Skwarecki ,
    thank you so much for your attention , and replying my questions .
    I use "complete" event to find when the contents are completely loaded .
    and I can call the functions and pass the parameters . I use a seperate file for the content of the windows because I can't solve the problem to load the content from a beside form screen .
    but in this way everything is functioning well .
    thank you so much
    GooDLucK

    Maj!D

    MajiDfn webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest