Professional Web Applications Themes

Form question - Macromedia ColdFusion

Hello, I have a form and a table, id like to have a subform that is in a datasheet type format, and id like the main form to have this subform on it (ive done that). But id like textboxes on the main form to fill out the subform (to add records), how would i go about doing this? Thanks. Cindy...

  1. #1

    Default Form question

    Hello,

    I have a form and a table, id like to have a subform that
    is in a datasheet type format, and id like the main form
    to have this subform on it (ive done that). But id like
    textboxes on the main form to fill out the subform (to
    add records), how would i go about doing this? Thanks.

    Cindy
    ~*Cindy*~ Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Form question

    I'm not sure I follow exactly but it sounds like you have a main form with a
    records source. a sub form with related records from another source,

    MainForm: COMPANY
    SubForm: EMPLOYEES

    You select a Company on the main form, and populate the Sub Form with
    Employees at the selected company.

    You do that by setting a property on the sub form that will map the
    Company.CompanyID of the main form to the Employee.CompanyID on the subform.
    When you add records to the sub form the will automatically be assoicated to
    the selected company.

    Hope this helps.

    "~*Cindy*~" <cindycindtastic.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a form and a table, id like to have a subform that
    > is in a datasheet type format, and id like the main form
    > to have this subform on it (ive done that). But id like
    > textboxes on the main form to fill out the subform (to
    > add records), how would i go about doing this? Thanks.
    >
    > Cindy

    new.microsoft.com Guest

  3. #3

    If I have a login form that users fill out, it then compares that info
    to a db.

    What happens is that if the username/pass don't match the info in the
    database, it just goes back to the original signin form.

    What I'd like to have happen is if it fails, reload the login form, but
    display a message saying that either username/password were incorrect,
    plus give the user a limit of 3 tries to sign in before kicking them to
    a different page.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!
    Steve Grosz Guest

  4. #4

    when you locate back to the signin page, you may want to pass a url code to
    the page, to dispay an error:

    eg
    <cflocation url="signin.cfm?action=failed" addtoken="no">

    and on signin.cfm

    <cfif isdefined("url.action") and url.action eq "failed">

    stupid user!, you have entered incorrect login details!!!

    </cfif>

    Scott*e Guest

  5. #5

    XOXO's to anyone that can help me with this.

    I am creating a website where there will be multiple password protected
    folders on my server space. I am trying to create a webpage where a user can
    put in their username and password into fields and then it will open to a page
    with the contents of "their" folder. Each username and password are different.
    What I am trying to do is make it so that when they type in their username
    (which will be the name of the folder), it opens only their folder in a new
    page.

    How do I make the form recognize the username as the folder that it needs to
    open?

    User xyz is given the username: xyzfolder password: 1234 On the form page,
    they type in xyzfolder and their password and it opens up a page with the
    contents of the xyzfolder.

    This will be a site that many people will access so all usernames are
    different but I want the form to reconize the username and open up that folder
    if the password is correct.

    Swtnhpy Guest

  6. #6

    Any help with this?