Professional Web Applications Themes

Form size to fit on multiple screens - Microsoft Access

Question on formatting. I have two systems running my access database. On one screen I have managed to fit the form onto the screen without having to scroll up down or across, yet on the second system there is a large variance in the size and I have alot of continued...

  1. #1

    Default Form size to fit on multiple screens

    Question on formatting.

    I have two systems running my access database. On one screen I have
    managed to fit the form onto the screen without having to scroll up
    down or across, yet on the second system there is a large variance in
    the size and I have alot of scrolling to do.

    Does anyone know a trickto fit a form to a single page either on the
    design view or the form view. I have managed to shrink the form on one
    database, but on my original screen it is now too small. I am sure its
    something basic, but I am at a loss to do it.

    The microsoft help is as useful as always, so I'm polling true users
    for this tip. Thanks in advance for your help!

    Andrew
    boomer Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Form size to fit on multiple screens

    Andrew,

    I had the same "problem" when I first started creating my database. There
    are some third-party programs out there that will address this for you and
    undoubtedly someone else will give you the URL to find them since I can't
    remember it off the top of my head (one such is a program called
    shrinker/stretcher).

    However, I'd like to share with you my experience in dealing with this
    problem, which to me (at the time and still to this day) seems like
    something Microsoft should have addressed when designing access. I tried
    about three different third-party solutions and although some worked better
    than others, in the end it is much easier and less stressful to just design
    your forms in a low resolution mode and know it will always work in higher
    modes.

    Let me know though if you find a solution that's seamless and
    "brain-dead-simple".

    Sean

    "boomer" <boomer1427@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Question on formatting.
    >
    > I have two systems running my access database. On one screen I have
    > managed to fit the form onto the screen without having to scroll up
    > down or across, yet on the second system there is a large variance in
    > the size and I have alot of scrolling to do.
    >
    > Does anyone know a trickto fit a form to a single page either on the
    > design view or the form view. I have managed to shrink the form on one
    > database, but on my original screen it is now too small. I am sure its
    > something basic, but I am at a loss to do it.
    >
    > The microsoft help is as useful as always, so I'm polling true users
    > for this tip. Thanks in advance for your help!
    >
    > Andrew

    Sean Guest

  3. #3

    Andrew,

    The problem has to do with the different screen resolutions, and possible
    display font sizes on your two computers. You can either match up those
    settings to get consistent results or there are third-party form scaling
    solutions available that might help:

    A shareware version of a form rescaling module I wrote called
    ShrinkerStretcher is available at this web site:
    [url]http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss2.htm[/url]

    FMS has a sizer module at [url]www.fmsinc.com[/url].

    The Access Developer's Handbook has form resizing code included:
    [url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0782119417/107-8064361-7403703[/url]

    For more informmation, there are some great articles about form scaling in
    the December 2000, and May 2001 SmartAccess newsletter. Check it out here:
    [url]http://www.smartaccessnewsletter.com[/url]

    Hope this helps,

    Peter De Baets
    Peter's Software - MS Access Tools for Developers
    [url]http://www.peterssoftware.com[/url]

    "boomer" <boomer1427@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Question on formatting.
    >
    > I have two systems running my access database. On one screen I have
    > managed to fit the form onto the screen without having to scroll up
    > down or across, yet on the second system there is a large variance in
    > the size and I have alot of scrolling to do.
    >
    > Does anyone know a trickto fit a form to a single page either on the
    > design view or the form view. I have managed to shrink the form on one
    > database, but on my original screen it is now too small. I am sure its
    > something basic, but I am at a loss to do it.
    >
    > The microsoft help is as useful as always, so I'm polling true users
    > for this tip. Thanks in advance for your help!
    >
    > Andrew

    Peter De Baets Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks for the updates. I thought this would be a simple solution.
    Guess nothing is simple with Microsoft. Thanks for the help I will try
    further. Sorry for the delay in sending out thanks, just got back in
    from vacation.

    Cheers

    Andrew

    On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 10:06:45 GMT, "Peter De Baets"
    <N-PHO@NOSPAMpeterssoftware.com> wrote:
    >Andrew,
    >
    >The problem has to do with the different screen resolutions, and possible
    >display font sizes on your two computers. You can either match up those
    >settings to get consistent results or there are third-party form scaling
    >solutions available that might help:
    >
    >A shareware version of a form rescaling module I wrote called
    >ShrinkerStretcher is available at this web site:
    >[url]http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss2.htm[/url]
    >
    >FMS has a sizer module at [url]www.fmsinc.com[/url].
    >
    >The Access Developer's Handbook has form resizing code included:
    >[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0782119417/107-8064361-7403703[/url]
    >
    >For more informmation, there are some great articles about form scaling in
    >the December 2000, and May 2001 SmartAccess newsletter. Check it out here:
    >[url]http://www.smartaccessnewsletter.com[/url]
    >
    >Hope this helps,
    >
    >Peter De Baets
    >Peter's Software - MS Access Tools for Developers
    >[url]http://www.peterssoftware.com[/url]
    >

    >"boomer" <boomer1427@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >news:bdm3gvo6ae6am7sco16e14cjopplemf1u4@4ax.com.. .
    >> Question on formatting.
    >>
    >> I have two systems running my access database. On one screen I have
    >> managed to fit the form onto the screen without having to scroll up
    >> down or across, yet on the second system there is a large variance in
    >> the size and I have alot of scrolling to do.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know a trickto fit a form to a single page either on the
    >> design view or the form view. I have managed to shrink the form on one
    >> database, but on my original screen it is now too small. I am sure its
    >> something basic, but I am at a loss to do it.
    >>
    >> The microsoft help is as useful as always, so I'm polling true users
    >> for this tip. Thanks in advance for your help!
    >>
    >> Andrew

    boomer Guest