Professional Web Applications Themes

Form Variables - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Well, I have a form. Most of the form is simple in that it just sends me the info wanted by the requestor and at the same time the submit buttos is hit, the page is directed to PayPal for payment of the requested service. However, there are 3 variables that can be in any combination. Each combination requires the page to be sent to a different PayPal page as the variables create a new cost for the service. How can I pull this off in a way that a non coder like me can figure out? I will need ...

  1. #1

    Default Form Variables

    Well, I have a form. Most of the form is simple in that it just sends me the info wanted by the requestor and at the same time the submit buttos is hit, the page is directed to PayPal for payment of the requested service. However, there are 3 variables that can be in any combination. Each combination requires the page to be sent to a different PayPal page as the variables create a new cost for the service. How can I pull this off in a way that a non coder like me can figure out? I will need to repeat this process for several of my forms.

    wanabegates webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Hi all,

    Okay after reading some text on PHP i have come across my first query...

    What is the best method in using and accessing varibales... my book gives me
    three methods but gives pro's and con's for each

    1) $myvarb
    2) $_POST['myvarb']
    3) $HTTP_POST_VARS['myvarb']

    Which is the most robust. i.e. I would obviously like to use mehod 1 buit is
    that common amongst all versions of PHP?

    Thanks in advance,

    Domestos

    Domestos Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Form variables

    I will go for method number 2. works all the time
    "Domestos" <domestosrahrahrandel.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Okay after reading some text on PHP i have come across my first query...
    >
    > What is the best method in using and accessing varibales... my book gives
    me
    > three methods but gives pro's and con's for each
    >
    > 1) $myvarb
    > 2) $_POST['myvarb']
    > 3) $HTTP_POST_VARS['myvarb']
    >
    > Which is the most robust. i.e. I would obviously like to use mehod 1 buit
    is
    > that common amongst all versions of PHP?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Domestos

    Chikere Ezeh Guest

  4. #4

    "Domestos" <domestosrahrahrandel.fsnet.co.uk> schreef in bericht
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Okay after reading some text on PHP i have come across my first query...
    >
    > What is the best method in using and accessing varibales... my book gives
    me
    > three methods but gives pro's and con's for each
    >
    > 1) $myvarb
    > 2) $_POST['myvarb']
    > 3) $HTTP_POST_VARS['myvarb']
    >
    > Which is the most robust. i.e. I would obviously like to use mehod 1 buit
    is
    > that common amongst all versions of PHP?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Domestos

    Option 1 can only be accessed when the configuration directive
    'register_globals' is set to true. Which is usually not a good idea. Better
    try one of the following ways (depending on your program logic)
    [url]http://nl.php.net/manual/nl/security.registerglobals.php[/url]

    The $_POST array is an alias for $_HTTP_POST_VARS.
    You use this one when the variable must be submitted by the POST method
    (<form method="POST">)
    [url]http://nl3.php.net/manual/nl/reserved.variables.php#reserved.variables.post[/url]

    The $_GET array is an alias for $_HTTP_GET_VARS.
    You use this one when the variable must be submitted by the GET method
    (<form method="GET">)
    [url]http://nl3.php.net/manual/nl/reserved.variables.php#reserved.variables.get[/url]

    The $_REQUEST array is combination of both
    You use this one when you do not mind how the variable is submitted
    [url]http://nl.php.net/manual/nl/reserved.variables.php#reserved.variables.request[/url]

    HTH Rob

    Rob Guest

  5. #5

    i am wondering how do i use variables in macromedia dreamweaver to create a
    form like the one on the link [url]www.britishairportcars.com[/url]

    i have the begginning part of the form setup but i want to access different
    pages depending on the options chosen on the first page

    can sum1 help

    converse247 Guest