Professional Web Applications Themes

Format Files and Web Server Connector - FileMaker

I'm moving some databases onto an Xserve running Apache and the Web Server Connector, and am wondering if I can retain my cdml_format_files folder, or if there's any benefit in doing that while running the Web Server Connector. Bob Crisler Lincoln, NE...

  1. #1

    Default Format Files and Web Server Connector

    I'm moving some databases onto an Xserve running Apache and the Web
    Server Connector, and am wondering if I can retain my
    cdml_format_files folder, or if there's any benefit in doing that
    while running the Web Server Connector.

    Bob Crisler
    Lincoln, NE
    Bob Crisler Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Format Files and Web Server Connector

    Bob Crisler wrote:

    > I'm moving some databases onto an Xserve running Apache and the Web
    > Server Connector, and am wondering if I can retain my
    > cdml_format_files folder, or if there's any benefit in doing that
    > while running the Web Server Connector.
    Where does the folder live?

    In any case, on our OS X Apache box, the files live in the
    Library/WebServer/Doents folder which then pass off to
    the FileMaker Pro/Web/ folder(s) on the backend RAIC machines.

    And we have many, many subdirectories in both places...

    Cheers

    Webko
    Tim Booth Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for the reply, Tim. I should give a little background:

    My prior, pre-Web Server Connector configuration used the
    cdml_format_files folder on anything dynamic, but I migrated the whole
    structure over and am getting 404 errors on some of my deeply-nested
    administration pages. It's a bit of a ah.

    A few questions:

    What I am not getting is how Apache and the Web Server Connector
    logically see the file structure. The root on Apache is
    Library>WebServer>Doents, with FileMaker it's Filemaker Pro 6
    Folder>Web or Filemaker Pro 6 Folder>cdml_format_files. Does creating
    aliases of the Web folder and cdml_format_files into the
    WebServer>Doents directory make any sense?

    I'm guessing that your files that are not dynamic (anything without a
    bracketed ([) filemaker statement) are hosted directly from Apache,
    and the ones that require interaction with FileMaker remain in the Web
    folder inside the FileMaker folder, then?

    Is there any security benefit to using the cdml_format_files folder
    when running the web server connector?

    Tim Booth <tboothusyd.edu.au> wrote in message news:<3F568E3C.61F6D62Eusyd.edu.au>...
    > Bob Crisler wrote:
    > >
    > > I'm moving some databases onto an Xserve running Apache and the Web
    > > Server Connector, and am wondering if I can retain my
    > > cdml_format_files folder, or if there's any benefit in doing that
    > > while running the Web Server Connector.
    >
    > Where does the folder live?
    >
    > In any case, on our OS X Apache box, the files live in the
    > Library/WebServer/Doents folder which then pass off to
    > the FileMaker Pro/Web/ folder(s) on the backend RAIC machines.
    >
    > And we have many, many subdirectories in both places...
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Webko
    Bob Crisler Guest