Hi,
I'm working on an application and I need a formated entry field for
partnumbers following a specific mask.
I don't want to hardcode the mask for the schema, and a single DB field should
be used for the resulting partnumber.

For this problem I have developed a pr that allows me to define the schema
in a XML definition language, can render the required edit fields, and can
render the value. In the DB I need a field for the source value (values in the
individual edit fields) and a field for the resulting value (so a search
function can be used on the values).

By now that's already pretty complex, and I wondering if there's an easier
solution

What solution would you use if you had a similar problem? (Should be DB
independent)

Thanks,
Fober :confused;