Professional Web Applications Themes

Forms - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

I created form but can't find SUBMIT button. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Ken...

  1. #1

    Default Forms

    I created form but can't find SUBMIT button. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Ken
    KPervine Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Forms

    Did you already put the button in and it's just not showing up, or are you in a jumble on HOW to get the button in?
    Kaklz Guest

  3. #3

    I found all the form fields I needed on the form but can't find the submit button. Thanks in advance.
    KPervine Guest

  4. #4

    Using DW, go it Insert>Forms>button and then when it asks you for the type of
    button, select "submit". If for any reason that doesn't work, just enter the
    code "<button type="submit">" and then whatever behavior characteristics you
    want (see DW Help for various characteristics). Stick that into your form tag
    and you're off.
    If you need more info, check this page out:
    http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/forms/formsaccessibility.html

    Kaklz Guest

  5. #5

    :confused; Hi All,

    I've taken a crash course in Dreamweaver (learning by myself) and have come to
    the end of my journey. I hope I created the Form correctly. I just built it in
    Dreamweaver CS3. What I need help with is a form's results, filled by the
    customer, sent back to me. The host, GoDaddy.com, sent me their form mail
    script: PHP. Below is their script:

    My question is: What do I do with it? I haven't been able to understand how to
    use it, where to copy it (if I'm supposed to), and anything else that goes
    along with making it work. I did what I thought I was supposed to to, but all I
    received in my email box for results was: button:SUBMIT

    That I believe is the Submit button. Not part of the results I'm looking for.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Rick

    <?php
    $request_method = $_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"];
    if($request_method == "GET"){
    $query_vars = $_GET;
    } elseif ($request_method == "POST"){
    $query_vars = $_POST;
    }
    reset($query_vars);
    $t = date("U");

    $file = $_SERVER['DOENT_ROOT'] . "/../data/gdform_" . $t;
    $fp = fopen($file,"w");
    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($query_vars)) {
    fputs($fp,"<GDFORM_VARIABLE NAME=$key START>\n");
    fputs($fp,"$val\n");
    fputs($fp,"<GDFORM_VARIABLE NAME=$key END>\n");
    if ($key == "redirect") { $landing_page = $val;}
    }
    fclose($fp);
    if ($landing_page != ""){
    header("Location: http://".$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]."/$landing_page");
    } else {
    header("Location: http://".$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]."/");
    }

    ?>

    Ricker65 Guest

  6. #6

    Hey, I'm not quite sure what that script is meant to do, in PHP to email a
    message you use the mail() function. When you have the PHP script you are
    supposed to put the code in its own page, and set the form's action to that
    page, and I prefer to use the POST method

    All you need to do in the PHP script is something like the attach code, you
    will probably need to customize it a little, hope this helps

    <?php
    $name = $_POST['name']; //Form element with id attribute "name"
    $from = $_POST['email']; //Form element with id attribute "email"
    $subject = $_POST['subject']; //Form element with id attribute "subject"
    $message = $_POST['message']; //Form element with id attribute "message"
    $headers = "From: " . $name . "<" . $from . ">";
    mail("com", $subject, $message, $headers);
    header("Location: http://yoursite.com/returnURL.php");
    ?>

    Clukey Guest

  7. #7

    Terrible suggestion - that script is a breeding ground for spammers.

    It's irresponsible to post something like that. Really.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "Clukey" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  8. #8

    All that is, is a basic application of the PHP mail function, you're right
    though, if you use this exact script you will get spammed, thats just the
    internet. However, if you put a capcha image with this you won't get any spam,
    maybe I should have said that, but my point was to show Ricker65 the BASIC
    method of sending mail with PHP.

    Also, it would seem that you know of a better way to do this, so rather than
    attacking a fellow poster, perhaps you could do something productive and make a
    helpful suggestion.

    Clukey Guest

  9. #9

    I have a form that needs to be sent to 2 email, the first is always the same,
    and the second email is from a selected choice of three radio buttons that
    would have a hidden value of the email that are required to be sent after the
    radio button is selected.

    Help! please!

    LCC_Mitch Guest

  10. #10

    There are only two ways to process form data -

    1. Use mailto:com as the action of the form
    2. Use a server-side scripting method to a) harvest the form's data, b)
    process it in some manner, e.g., enter it into a database, c) formulate and
    send an email to one or more email recipients, and d) redirect the visitor
    to some ending page

    Method 1 is quite simple, and is also the least reliable. It depends both
    on your visitor having an email client already installed on their computer -
    this eliminates public computers, or home users without email clients
    installed (more and more it seems) - and on the installed email client
    responding to
    the mailto call. It is not possible to use this method *and* send the
    visitor to a
    thank you page as well.

    Method 2a is the preferred method, since it eliminates the problems of
    method
    1, but it means that you have to grapple with server-scripting somehow (ASP,
    CF, PHP, perl, etc.).

    Method 2b would be to use some third-party form processing, like
    http://www.bebosoft.com/products/formstogo/.

    You would have to decide which of these methods is best for your needs,
    but if it's Method 2a, then start by asking your host what they provide for
    form
    processing. If it's 2b, then read their FAQ/instructions carefully.

    Your particular need would dictate method 2. Speak to your host....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "LCC_Mitch" <com> wrote in message