Professional Web Applications Themes

Forms CSS & Netscape 4+ - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi All, As this site is going to be maintained in house due to a compay reshuffle - I wondered if there were a way of making this form look good using only the one CSS file in both modern browsers and NN 4+. As it is NN 4+ expands it to the point of ridiculousness - I'd ideally like to keep it pretty much all the same size as when viewed in IE6 - without resorting to two CSS files, to keep maintaining it relativley easy for relative newcomers to the game. [url]http://www.housingplus.net/joinform.htm[/url] Cheers Sinclair...

  1. #1

    Default Forms CSS & Netscape 4+

    Hi All,

    As this site is going to be maintained in house due to a compay reshuffle -
    I wondered if there were a way of making this form look good using only the
    one CSS file in both modern browsers and NN 4+.

    As it is NN 4+ expands it to the point of ridiculousness - I'd ideally like
    to keep it pretty much all the same size as when viewed in IE6 - without
    resorting to two CSS files, to keep maintaining it relativley easy for
    relative newcomers to the game.

    [url]http://www.housingplus.net/joinform.htm[/url]

    Cheers
    Sinclair

    djinn Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Forms CSS & Netscape 4+

    Go to MaKo's resource and read -

    [url]http://www.mako4css.com/CSSFAQ.htm[/url]

    or

    [url]http://www.mako4css.com/cssforms.htm[/url]

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "djinn" <sinclairscobiesYerKitAff.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > As this site is going to be maintained in house due to a compay
    reshuffle -
    > I wondered if there were a way of making this form look good using only
    the
    > one CSS file in both modern browsers and NN 4+.
    >
    > As it is NN 4+ expands it to the point of ridiculousness - I'd ideally
    like
    > to keep it pretty much all the same size as when viewed in IE6 - without
    > resorting to two CSS files, to keep maintaining it relativley easy for
    > relative newcomers to the game.
    >
    > [url]http://www.housingplus.net/joinform.htm[/url]
    >
    > Cheers
    > Sinclair

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Murray,

    snip from Mako's site......

    "When dealing with FORMS, INPUT and TEXTAREA, using two stylesheets is a
    necessity"

    This is what I was hoping to avoid - just wondered if there was some of
    these new fangled hacks to deal with my dilema :)

    Cheers
    Sinclair
    "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > Go to MaKo's resource and read -
    >

    > [url]http://www.mako4css.com/CSSFAQ.htm[/url]
    >
    > or
    >
    > [url]http://www.mako4css.com/cssforms.htm[/url]
    >
    > --
    > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > ==================
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET
    > ANSWERS
    > ==================
    > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > ==================
    >
    > "djinn" <sinclairscobiesYerKitAff.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > As this site is going to be maintained in house due to a compay
    > reshuffle -
    > > I wondered if there were a way of making this form look good using only
    > the
    > > one CSS file in both modern browsers and NN 4+.
    > >
    > > As it is NN 4+ expands it to the point of ridiculousness - I'd ideally
    > like
    > > to keep it pretty much all the same size as when viewed in IE6 - without
    > > resorting to two CSS files, to keep maintaining it relativley easy for
    > > relative newcomers to the game.
    > >
    > > [url]http://www.housingplus.net/joinform.htm[/url]
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > Sinclair

    djinn Guest

  4. #4

    Use a CSS Filter.

    --
    Al Sparber - PVII
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com[/url]

    > Hi Murray,
    >
    > snip from Mako's site......
    >
    > "When dealing with FORMS, INPUT and TEXTAREA, using two stylesheets is a
    > necessity"
    >
    > This is what I was hoping to avoid - just wondered if there was some of
    > these new fangled hacks to deal with my dilema :)
    >
    > Cheers
    > Sinclair
    > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > > Go to MaKo's resource and read -
    > >

    > > [url]http://www.mako4css.com/CSSFAQ.htm[/url]
    > >
    > > or
    > >
    > > [url]http://www.mako4css.com/cssforms.htm[/url]
    > >
    > > --
    > > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > > ==================
    > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO
    GET
    > > ANSWERS
    > > ==================
    > > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > > ==================
    > >
    > > "djinn" <sinclairscobiesYerKitAff.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > Hi All,
    > > >
    > > > As this site is going to be maintained in house due to a compay
    > > reshuffle -
    > > > I wondered if there were a way of making this form look good using
    only
    > > the
    > > > one CSS file in both modern browsers and NN 4+.
    > > >
    > > > As it is NN 4+ expands it to the point of ridiculousness - I'd ideally
    > > like
    > > > to keep it pretty much all the same size as when viewed in IE6 -
    without
    > > > resorting to two CSS files, to keep maintaining it relativley easy for
    > > > relative newcomers to the game.
    > > >
    > > > [url]http://www.housingplus.net/joinform.htm[/url]
    > > >
    > > > Cheers
    > > > Sinclair

    Al Sparber- PVII Guest

  5. #5

    Sinclair:

    Make sure it works with SAE 40 wt. too....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Hi Al,
    >
    > Could you give me an example - you know me and CSS - I wouldn't know a CSS
    > Filter from an Oil Filter :~)
    >
    > Cheers
    > Sinclair
    >
    > I do promise in the near future to buy Foundations or Transitions!!
    > "Al Sparber- PVII" <thisaddressactuallyworks.com> wrote in message
    > > Use a CSS Filter.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Al Sparber - PVII
    > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com[/url]
    > > Dreamweaver Extensions - DesignPacks - Tutorials - Books
    > > The PVII Newsgroup | [url]news://forums.projectseven.com/pviiwebdev[/url]
    > > The CSS Newsgroup | [url]news://forums.projectseven.com/css[/url]
    > >

    > > "djinn" <sinclairscobiesYerKitAff.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > Hi Murray,
    > > >
    > > > snip from Mako's site......
    > > >
    > > > "When dealing with FORMS, INPUT and TEXTAREA, using two stylesheets is
    > > > necessity"
    > > >
    > > > This is what I was hoping to avoid - just wondered if there was some
    of
    > > > these new fangled hacks to deal with my dilema :)
    > > >
    > > > Cheers
    > > > Sinclair
    > > > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message

    > > GET
    Technotes

    > > only

    > ideally
    > > without
    > for

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  6. #6

    > Sorry Al,
    >
    > My fault for putting off buying your CSS based products (and now I have to
    > pay VAT :(
    >
    > Do you have a tut showing this technique applied to a form - I did search
    > your tuts but came up with nada!!
    Use the form CSS techniques from MaKo's site (they are outstanding). But
    instead of using 2 style sheets, use the filter to hide the version 5+
    declarations from Nav4.

    The 3 newest tutorials on our site utilize filtering, but do not
    specifically work with forms.

    -Al

    Al Sparber- PVII Guest

  7. #7

    Use the form CSS techniques from MaKo's site (they are outstanding). But
    > instead of using 2 style sheets, use the filter to hide the version 5+
    > declarations from Nav4.
    >
    > The 3 newest tutorials on our site utilize filtering, but do not
    > specifically work with forms.
    Thanks Al,

    Going to Mako's - and will have another look at your tuts with filtering in
    mind!!

    Does one of your CSS products not include a form - and if so does it utilise
    this filter technique or 2 sheets?

    Cheers
    Sinclair

    djinn Guest