Professional Web Applications Themes

Forum Help - HTML & CSS

Hello, first time posting here and I was wondering if someone could fill me in on something. I currently have a couple websites out on the web, but I would like to somehow frame it in? (Example:[url]http://www.drascir.com/forum/index.php[/url]) I'm really not sure how to do this and I'm very intrigued about it... Any help would be appreciated or even a link to some tutorials to start. I really have no idea what this is called, or if the creator made it in some program, or what. Thank you and God Bless!...

  1. #1

    Default Forum Help

    Hello, first time posting here and I was wondering if someone could fill me in
    on something. I currently have a couple websites out on the web, but I would
    like to somehow frame it in? (Example:[url]http://www.drascir.com/forum/index.php[/url])

    I'm really not sure how to do this and I'm very intrigued about it... Any help
    would be appreciated or even a link to some tutorials to start. I really have
    no idea what this is called, or if the creator made it in some program, or what.

    Thank you and God Bless!

    joanie loves chachi Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Forum Help

    That's a page background color/image with a fixed-width, centering central
    area. Is that what you mean?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "joanie loves chachi" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, first time posting here and I was wondering if someone could fill
    > me in
    > on something. I currently have a couple websites out on the web, but I
    > would
    > like to somehow frame it in?
    > (Example:[url]http://www.drascir.com/forum/index.php[/url])
    >
    > I'm really not sure how to do this and I'm very intrigued about it... Any
    > help
    > would be appreciated or even a link to some tutorials to start. I really
    > have
    > no idea what this is called, or if the creator made it in some program, or
    > what.
    >
    > Thank you and God Bless!

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  3. #3

    Mmm - no idea what you mean, can you be more explicit ? do you mean put a
    forum into it ? if so you need a sever that supports something like ASP, PHP
    etc.. (most do) and database support...

    ASP - [url]www.aspin.com[/url]
    PHP - hotscripts.com

    HTH's

    Gerry
    --
    [url]http://www.FinanceExtra.net[/url]

    "joanie loves chachi" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, first time posting here and I was wondering if someone could fill
    > me in
    > on something. I currently have a couple websites out on the web, but I
    > would
    > like to somehow frame it in?
    > (Example:[url]http://www.drascir.com/forum/index.php[/url])
    >
    > I'm really not sure how to do this and I'm very intrigued about it... Any
    > help
    > would be appreciated or even a link to some tutorials to start. I really
    > have
    > no idea what this is called, or if the creator made it in some program, or
    > what.
    >
    > Thank you and God Bless!

    G Guest

  4. #4

    To be honest Murray, I'm not sure what it is. In the example I provided, it
    appears like the forum is "framed" in (not using the frame command) with the
    rest of the website. Or is it just the design of the forum, making it appear to
    be framed in? If that's the case, any tips on how I can mess around with that?

    Thank you and God Bless!

    joanie loves chachi Guest

  5. #5

    It's just the design of the page. As I said, it's a tiling background image
    with a fixed-width, centering section in the middle. Copy the page's code
    into DW and look at how they have done it (not too well, I might add - it's
    a CSS soup in there....).

    The center area is an 800px wide table with alignment set to center. The
    background image is this one -

    [url]http://www.drascir.com/forum/images/amberlight.gif[/url]

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    > To be honest Murray, I'm not sure what it is. In the example I provided,
    > it
    > appears like the forum is "framed" in (not using the frame command) with
    > the
    > rest of the website. Or is it just the design of the forum, making it
    > appear to
    > be framed in? If that's the case, any tips on how I can mess around with
    > that?
    >
    > Thank you and God Bless!

    Murray *ACE* Guest