Professional Web Applications Themes

Found it!: Another "Internal Error" cause in TweakUI - Macromedia Fireworks

Everyone KNOWS that TweakUI messes up the new Fireworks release in more ways than one. Well, I just found one more cause to the "Internal Error" thingie. First off, a while back I posted that this was caused by moving the My Doents folder around. This has been confirmed by other users aswell. But, this is not a singlecause issue, since last nights reinstall of Windows XP in TweakUI "I did not touch - not even glanced at the change Special Folders setting. So why was Fireworks MX 2004 giving me the same error? Engulfed with frustration I was about ...

  1. #1

    Default Found it!: Another "Internal Error" cause in TweakUI

    Everyone KNOWS that TweakUI messes up the new Fireworks release in more
    ways than one. Well, I just found one more cause to the "Internal Error"
    thingie. First off, a while back I posted that this was caused by moving
    the My Doents folder around. This has been confirmed by other users
    aswell. But, this is not a singlecause issue, since last nights
    reinstall of Windows XP in TweakUI "I did not touch - not even glanced
    at the change Special Folders setting. So why was Fireworks MX 2004
    giving me the same error? Engulfed with frustration I was about to throw
    my pc out the window. Instead I took a long hard look at TweakUI once
    again and I selected a setting which I had turned off:

    "Remember previously-used filenames" in the Common Dialogs group.
    I restarted Fireworks MX 2004 and whattayaknow... 'l'erreur a été
    allée'. (Error gone).

    If I jumped the gun in previous threads, or gave incorrect information
    (the moving My Doents folder was a valid error though!) - than I
    apologise.

    I hope this will lift some problems that people have so we can all use
    the new version without switching back to MX.

    Finally, I just want to say to this threads poster:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/groups?q=fireworks+internal+error+mx+2004&hl=en&lr =&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=blckho%244d2%241%40forums.macromedia.com&rn um=2[/url]

    that I am experiencing the same problems where Dreamweaver MX 2004 is
    concerned. And I am sure MM is addressing these and other issues as we
    speak. Just have to be patient I guess. I the meantime, us users can
    make the difference by sharing fixes that we find along the way - such
    as the above one.

    Thanks!

    Coen

    Coen Naninck Guest

  2. #2

    Coen:

    This is what makes the many 'bug in DW/FW' posts so suspect. And it's why
    it can be helpful to post back and say 'I am using exactly the same system
    and I don't have that problem'. These are the kinds of things that are not
    part of the original "bug" description and are VERY hard to p from the
    mass of information.

    Thanks for reminding us that something as 'innocuous' as TweakUI can be
    responsible for a world of hurt....

    This is also why I try to keep my development systems as clean as possible!

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Coen Naninck" <ccnkNOSPAMhome.nl> wrote in message

    > Everyone KNOWS that TweakUI messes up the new Fireworks release in more
    > ways than one. Well, I just found one more cause to the "Internal Error"
    > thingie. First off, a while back I posted that this was caused by moving
    > the My Doents folder around. This has been confirmed by other users
    > aswell. But, this is not a singlecause issue, since last nights
    > reinstall of Windows XP in TweakUI "I did not touch - not even glanced
    > at the change Special Folders setting. So why was Fireworks MX 2004
    > giving me the same error? Engulfed with frustration I was about to throw
    > my pc out the window. Instead I took a long hard look at TweakUI once
    > again and I selected a setting which I had turned off:
    >
    > "Remember previously-used filenames" in the Common Dialogs group.
    > I restarted Fireworks MX 2004 and whattayaknow... 'l'erreur a été
    > allée'. (Error gone).
    >
    > If I jumped the gun in previous threads, or gave incorrect information
    > (the moving My Doents folder was a valid error though!) - than I
    > apologise.
    >
    > I hope this will lift some problems that people have so we can all use
    > the new version without switching back to MX.
    >
    > Finally, I just want to say to this threads poster:

    [url]http://groups.google.com/groups?q=fireworks+internal+error+mx+2004&hl=en&lr =&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=blckho%244d2%241%40forums.macromedia.com&rn um=2[/url]

    > that I am experiencing the same problems where Dreamweaver MX 2004 is
    > concerned. And I am sure MM is addressing these and other issues as we
    > speak. Just have to be patient I guess. I the meantime, us users can
    > make the difference by sharing fixes that we find along the way - such
    > as the above one.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Coen

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Murray *TMM* wrote:
    | Thanks for reminding us that something as 'innocuous' as TweakUI can
    be responsible for a world of hurt....

    "Don't be a spectator, be a participator"

    Joel Osteen, Lakewood Church, Texas America.

    Coen

  4. #4

    Thanks Coen,
    I have added that to the emerging issues technote.
    Thanks for rooting out the cause.
    Don

    "Coen Naninck" <nl> wrote in message
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=fireworks+internal+error+mx+2004&hl=en&lr =&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=blckho%244d2%241%40forums.macromedia.com&rn um=2

    Donald Guest

  5. #5

    I am collecting posts by people from now on, and will submit them as one
    file to macromedia when I deem it complete enough.

    Coen

    Donald Booth wrote:

    > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=fireworks+internal+error+mx+2004&hl=en&lr =&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=blckho%244d2%241%40forums.macromedia.com&rn um=2

    >[/ref]