Professional Web Applications Themes

Foundation.framework error -- Help - Mac Programming

I'm having troubling programming with XCode 1.01 -- builds always fail with an error pointing to the Foundation.framework. Here is the wording: /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation module_index field of table of contents entry 509 past the end of the module table This continues to occur, even after doing the following: 1) Re-install Mac OS 3 2) Re-downloading the XCode CD from Apple Developer 3) Re-installing XCode patch 4) Testing only the examples accompanying XCode This error never occured with 10.2 and the previous IDE. Any hints? Thanks. Ed...

  1. #1

    Default Foundation.framework error -- Help

    I'm having troubling programming with XCode 1.01 -- builds always fail
    with an error pointing to the Foundation.framework. Here is the wording:

    /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
    module_index field of table of contents entry 509 past the end of the
    module table

    This continues to occur, even after doing the following:

    1) Re-install Mac OS 3
    2) Re-downloading the XCode CD from Apple Developer
    3) Re-installing XCode patch
    4) Testing only the examples accompanying XCode

    This error never occured with 10.2 and the previous IDE.

    Any hints? Thanks.

    Ed
    Ed Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Foundation.framework error -- Help

    In article <nyroc.rr.com>,
    Ed Sutherland <rr.com> wrote:

    If this still occurs even if you've done all the things you
    said and started a new project, I suspect that the named
    file is corrupt or that your download of the Xcode CD is
    corrupt.

    Simon Guest

  3. #3

    In article <BBE1AC7A966827EADA0.0.0.0>,
    demon.co.uklocalhost (Simon Slavin) wrote:

    > If this still occurs even if you've done all the things you
    > said and started a new project, I suspect that the named
    > file is corrupt or that your download of the Xcode CD is
    > corrupt.
    >
    >[/ref]

    Would not the reinstallation of Mac OS X 3 also reinstall a "clean", or
    uncorrupted '/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework' file? I've
    reinstalled the OS and still the error from XCode. I understand the
    foundation file is brought into XCode during the linking process, but is
    it 'touched' in any other way? That is, if I delete that one file --
    foundation.framework -- will XCode reinstall it?

    I've downloaded the XCode segments from the Apple Developer ftp site
    twice and burned a CD twice.

    The first time I installed XCode, the foundation.framework error did not
    occur for several days. Subsequent reinstallations were marked as
    "updates", skipping several components, and the error popped up on the
    first build attempt. This brings up to possibilities:

    1) Simply dragging the Developer folder to the trash and emptying the
    trash does not totally remove XCode. I cannot understand how to use the
    "uninstall" script found in the Tools subdirectory. What should the
    command-line look like?

    2) I am not compiling the various DMG parts into a valid DMG file. This
    is the process I follow:
    a) drag the xcode.dmg file (the one without 'part' at the end of the
    name) to DiskUtil.
    b) after the utility says something about 'attaching', I select
    'burn from the menu.

    What is the correct method for burning a valid CD of XCode using the
    Apple file segments?

    Thanks!
    Ed Guest

  4. #4

    In article <nyroc.rr.com>,
    Ed Sutherland <rr.com> wrote:

    That file is installed as part of the System, it's not something
    that only programmers need, it's needed for everyday use of the
    OS.

    The questions you're asking are outside my experience. Sorry.
    But your problems do still seem to indicate that something
    somewhere is corrupt.

    Simon Guest

  5. #5

    In article <0.1.2>, Simon Slavin
    <demon.co.uklocalhost> wrote:
    Hm. Then where can I find those who would have an idea what might be
    the problem. I've re-installed the system (from the CD -- which isn't
    rewritable and exhibits this error only within the XCode IDE) and have
    installed XCode both from the Apple CD and from the segments in the
    Apple Developer FTP site.

    Reinstalling Panther would provide a clean, uncorrupted System folder.
    The error seems more and more likely to be within the XCode IDE. I had
    no trouble building applications using the previous IDE in 10.1 and
    10.2. If this were a common error, no doubt Apple would have released
    a fix for it. I am lost for an answer to this rather perplexing error.

    Ed
    MacGuy Guest

  6. #6

    In message <271120031259325603%com>, MacGuy <com> wrote:
    > Hm. Then where can I find those who would have an idea what might be
    > the problem. I've re-installed the system (from the CD -- which isn't
    > rewritable and exhibits this error only within the XCode IDE) and have
    > installed XCode both from the Apple CD and from the segments in the
    > Apple Developer FTP site.
    >
    > Reinstalling Panther would provide a clean, uncorrupted System folder.
    > The error seems more and more likely to be within the XCode IDE. I had
    > no trouble building applications using the previous IDE in 10.1 and
    > 10.2. If this were a common error, no doubt Apple would have released
    > a fix for it. I am lost for an answer to this rather perplexing error.
    >
    > Ed[/ref]

    Did you install the latest Xcode update which is 1.1 (build 7K109)?

    -Laurent.
    Laurent Daudelin Logiciels Nemesys Software
    mailto:net <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
    Replace ihatespam with verizon to reply
    +++++++++++ Sent using an Apple Newton MessagePad 2100 ++++++++++

    Laurent Guest

  7. #7

    In article <5njzb.18678$gnilink.net>,
    net (Laurent Daudelin) wrote:

    As far as I know, that's a seed, not a final update.

    meeroh

    Miro Guest

  8. #8

    In article <5njzb.18678$gnilink.net>, Laurent

    I don't know the build version of the XCode update, but is the current
    file on the developer site and the pkg is 1.01. Where can I find the
    latest update? I also notice there is a 10.3.2 update -- is that now
    available?
    Ed Guest