I've been running my site for several years without difficulty. Suddenly IE (8) does not work. On IE only (not foxfire) the index page opens normally but then, apparently, the first column spreads out to take up the entire space (see www.davidhilfiker.com). Pages other than the index page (most based on templates of the index page) work normally. (I bring up the address from Foxfire and put the address into IE, and the non-index page works normally, but when i click on home, the same error happens.
When in Macromedia MX and press Shift-F12 (which brings up IE within Macromedia) everything works normally.

What's going on? Can anyone help?

David