Professional Web Applications Themes

frame layer styles - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I'm working on creating more styles and I need your thoughts. What sort of frames would you prefer ? Would you like the matt included in the frame styles or seperate matt styles ? would you like soft shadows or more pronounced shadows or none at all ? Would you prefer patterned styles or basic wood styles or metal or all types ? Should I have seperate categories for frame types or just mix them up ? Your voice will be my primary path. Thanks....

  1. #1

    Default frame layer styles

    I'm working on creating more styles and I need your thoughts. What sort of frames would you prefer ? Would you like the matt included in the frame styles or seperate matt styles ? would you like soft shadows or more pronounced shadows or none at all ? Would you prefer patterned styles or basic wood styles or metal or all types ? Should I have seperate categories for frame types or just mix them up ? Your voice will be my primary path. Thanks.
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. Moderated Post

    Default Re: frame layer styles

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick_Smith@adobeforums.com Guest
    Moderated Post

  3. #3

    Jodi,
    i would like to see the matte included with the frame style. as for the frame type, i like all differant types, wood, patterns, metal etc. seperate categories would be nice but for me anyway, that isn't really nessacary
    George Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Jodi,

    I find it much easier if there are separate categories for frame styles ... so that they are easier to find. As I love natural things wood is my main choice ... but rich polished woods are the ones I like best.
    Wendy_E_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I would like to see separate mattes. I would like to be able to use them on my printed pictures...and then put them in a REAL frame. :)

    Patti
    Patti_Anderson@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Jodi, I'd like separate mattes and frames, too. I haven't had good luck with the ones that are "packaged"! Besides, I've always like the "mix and match" thing. :) Glad to see you're at it again!
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Jodi,

    Firstly -- Thanks!!

    I would prefer to have separate frames/mattes, so that they can be stacked
    in any combination.

    Would the shadows be editable? If so, I'd say just put in a "medium" shadow
    and then let us tweak it on our own.

    I like all types of frames.

    I'm also a fan of categories... I also like to have an "all" category, when
    I can't make up my mind which category I'm after.

    Byron

    Byron_Gale@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Jodi,

    That's great news! I'll look forward to your frame style collection.

    Categories and separate mattes sound good to me.

    Nancy
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Jodi,
    Look forward to additional frames and matts. Would prefer separate ones - may want to add adjustment layer, especially to matt.
    Ken
    Kenneth_Liffmann@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    thank you all for your comments. The consensus appears to be seperate matt styles with seperate categories for frame styles. Will do the best i can to please. Thanks again.
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    No, no, Jodi - thank YOU!! :)
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    OK, after much trial and error I'm afraid I cannot make the mat styles as 'seperate' styles. They will have to be in the same option with the frame styles. However, I will put them at the bottom of the list which should make them easier to find and use. Sorry ;(
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    There are also some Actions for creating mattes in PSE 2 by Bud Guinn that are included in this free download found here <http://www.geocities.com/rnlnero/PE2stuff2.html> from Ling's Things , these appear under Bud's Action Central, in my 'How to' palette, as I have the Richard Lynch Hidden Power III as my Welcome Screen...I'm big into these add-ons! :-). They can be adjusted as the Action runs or the color of the matte can be changed afterwards by double clicking on the Hue/Sat adjustment layer.

    Barb
    imacgirl@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    I had Bud's frames as well as other add-ons from Ling's Things on the How To palette, but when I installed Hidden Elements from the book CD I lost them. Anyone know how I can get them back?

  15. #15

    Patti,

    Have you tried re-executing snapActions.exe? On my Win98SE installation it
    is located in
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2\HTMLPalettes\Recipes

  16. #16

    Yes, I tried that first, Byron. And all of Ling's files are in their place in the Photoshop Elements\HTMLPalettes\Recipes folder. Funny thing is, the new files from the CD are not under HTMLPalettes, they're in the Photoshop Elements 2\Recipes folder.

    I think what I'm going to have to do in uninstall the Ling files, which will be a pain, and reinstall them from scratch. I'll hold off and see if anyone else has a solution this evening. I should also go check the forum for Hidden Elements.

    I was just using those frames yesterday, so I know they were there and working fine. I just got Richard's book today and installed the Hidden Elements 2 files.

  17. #17

    I have a couple of sets of frame styles ready. the wood ones are not available yet but have metallics and basic painted/contemporary type. If you're interested drop me a line. I'll be very busy this weekend but will try to keep up with my mail and check on it when I can. Please be patient with me ;)
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    I'm sorry but i cannot share my wood frame styles. I had forgotten that creating styles using patterns makes for monstrous file sizes( I have dial up and one single wooden frame style is 1mb ! )and so all i have available at the moment are metallics and painted/contemporary type frames. Please forgive me ;(
    I do have plenty of other layer styles as well so feel free to drop me a line for a request and I'll let you know what I have or what i can do. '03-'04...winter indoor sports for Jodi ! ....again, i am sorry
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    And they're great, folks! I got to test drive them late last week, to make sure they'd work on a Mac and PSE 2. Fun! She outdid herself, as usual.
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    Jodi,

    Try to zip them and let me know how big they are. I could deposit one file at a time, for a week
    say, on my private web site. You'd have only one sending to do (to me) and people could download it
    from my site directly (no webpage, only the a direct link like
    pages.infinit.net/carbone/jodi_wood_frame.zip).

    I can even make the *.sit file for Mac users.

    Let me know what you think,

    Ray

    Ray Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast