Professional Web Applications Themes

frame photo in TV set? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

It is a bit old hat, but does anyone know of a way to make an image appear to be on TV? (Including the set, not just the screen). I can put the image in a little TV-image that I have, but I want to be able to control the size of the whole picture, so ideally I would like to frame it. I have fiddled around with a couple of frames that may just do the job, but perhaps there is something much better out there? Thanks! -- Groet, Adriana. [Gravity is a myth. The Earth s.]...

  1. #1

    Default frame photo in TV set?

    --
    Groet, Adriana.
    [Gravity is a myth. The Earth s.]

  2. #2

    Default Re: frame photo in TV set?

    I have never done this, but this is what I would try if it were me. I would go ahead and put the image on a separable layer and then position it and size it so that it looked the way it should. Then I would flatten the image. Now you should be able to modify the size of the whole picture as you desire.
    Jim_Hess@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:02:44 -0800, com wrote:

    Ok, that would make it better. But how do I get it to look like it is a
    head you see on telly?

  4. #4

    Oh boy! That's almost like asking someone to explain to you how to drive a car. First of all, I would edit the picture so that it had the content that I wanted. Then, I would drag it onto the picture of the television. This would put the picture of the person on a separate layer that can be modified separately. Making sure that the "person" layer is active in the layer pallette, I would go to Image|Resise|Scale, which will allow you to adjust this size of that picture appropriately. Then, you might have to do some other editing to get the two pictures to blend the way you want them to.
    Jim_Hess@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:37:04 -0800, com wrote:

    But you did a great job! Now I understand what you meant.
    Thanks!

  6. #6

    Glad I could help.
    Jim_Hess@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    In my opinion the easiest way to do this like Jim explained it to drag the image over the image of teh TV screen, set the opacity of this layer to about 50%, resize the top image with the head to the right size and apply the eraser tool to remove everything of the image with the head outside the TV screen. Finally set the opacity back to 100 % and flatten the layers.
    At least, that's the way I would try to do it.

    But Elements is just like a language, everyone is entitled to speak own dialect.

    Leen
    Leen_Koper@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:58:46 -0800, com wrote:

    Thanks, Leen.
    I'll try all flavours...

  9. #9

    Leon,

    I don't disagree with your suggestion at all. It's just that I didn't want to go into that much detail because everyone has their own tools that they like to use. You could go in and use layer masks and blending options and.... That's why I suggested that telling someone how to edit a picture is like trying to tell someone how to drive a car. It's just something that you have to do for yourself to find out what is going to work for you.
    Jim_Hess@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Jim, I've been using this program for about 18 months now, and I never
    noticed Image<Resize<Scale before. Thanks for pointing it out! Now what I
    found when using it was not what I expected; it resizes the layer on which
    I'm working, not the whole image. It also can be used for rotating and
    skewing, so it's an interesting tool to say the least!

    Chuck

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Yes, and something else that I discovered this morning is that if you hold down the shift key while you resize, it will retain proper aspect ratio as well.
    Jim_Hess@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Jim,

    How do you discover things like that? You are just trying to push this software to its limits? I never discover anything unless I'm told how to do things.
    To quote a famous Dutch soccer coach: Is it that I'm dumb or are you that clever? ;-)

  13. #13

    Well, actually I have a very limited amount of Photoshop experience. I have taken a couple of University 2-hour workshops, and I went to an all-day Photoshop video workshop a few months ago. I might have picked up some of that information from one of those workshops, but I really couldn't tell you for sure. Since I haven't approached my learning in any systematic manner, I cannot really tell you where I got any of my information. But one thing I have learned is that with Photoshop and Elements there are often additional functions tied to the control and the alternate keys. And believe me, I'm not even coming close to pushing this software to its limits. As I read some of the things that some of the users are doing I just get frustrated because I haven't got the ability or the patience to do all of it. It just seems that the more I learn about these programs the more I realize how much I really don't know. But I get a lot of satisfaction when I actually complete a project and it turns out as well as I had hoped it would.
    Jim_Hess@adobeforums.com Guest