Professional Web Applications Themes

Framework 1.0 ad 1.1 running side by side configuration problems? - ASP.NET General

All, I deployed my website that requires V1.1 in the production server. I installed the framework v1.1 with the dotnetfx.exe /c:"install /noaspupgrade" and everything went fine. Then, I installed my app via and installation pkg. without a proble, Then, I ran the following command to tell IIS to run my app with V1.1 aspnet_regiis.exe w3svc

root\Myapp which did the job. However, when I try to run it it gives me a blank page: Page caanot be displayed ..... .... TTP Error 500. Q1. How can I make visible the actual error rather than the default error page? Q2. Should be 2 ...

  1. #1

    Default Framework 1.0 ad 1.1 running side by side configuration problems?

    All,
    I deployed my website that requires V1.1 in the
    production server. I installed the framework v1.1 with
    the dotnetfx.exe /c:"install /noaspupgrade" and
    everything went fine.

    Then, I installed my app via and installation pkg.
    without a proble,
    Then, I ran the following command to tell IIS to run my
    app with V1.1
    aspnet_regiis.exe w3svc\1\1root\Myapp
    which did the job.

    However, when I try to run it it gives me a blank page:
    Page caanot be displayed
    TTP Error 500.

    Q1. How can I make visible the actual error rather than
    the default error page?
    Q2. Should be 2 separate ASP.Net processes running for
    the 2 diiferent versions: aspnet_wp.exe?
    Q3. Do I need to configure something on the IIS?

    I remembered that when I installed V1.0 long time ago, I
    had to start the aspnet_wp.exe manually for the fist
    time.

    PS: I deployed the same app in two other testing-servers
    and they worked fine. However, they only had V1.1
    installed.
    Juan Guest

  2. #2

    Hi Juan,

    I have reviewed your issue. Due to the nature of your issue I need to do
    additional research to determine the best way to provide assistance.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    <MCSD>
    Get Secure! 每 www.microsoft.com/security

    Jacob Guest

  3. #3

    Jacob,
    Thank you for your effort. Actually, the problem is
    that I'm running both framework versions side by side in
    the same server. When I installed the V1.1 I did it
    as "noaspupgrade" not to affect any website on the
    server. In order to make my website use the new release I
    had to run the aspnet_regiis.exe w3svc\1\1root\Myapp from
    the new release directory. Thus, when I see the
    properties for this website it DOES reflect the change;
    however, when I run it (Login.aspx) It does not egt
    serviced (Page cannot be displayed. Error on the server)

    Thank you for your help in advance.

    JP

    following
    please try to
    options. To do this,
    click "Advanced".
    box.
    every script error"
    in IIS, please
    select "Properties".
    button.
    version
    button.
    your concern, please
    confers no rights.
    Juan Guest

  4. #4

    Hi,

    check if isapifilter of the site/computer is set to the 1.1 framework.

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    34th Elkalay st. Raanana
    Israel , 43000
    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
    Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Guest

  5. #5

    HI Juan,

    Please perform the following steps on your side and tell me if you see any
    new error message:

    1) Open Internet Explorer.
    2) On the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options".
    3) In the "Internet Options" dialog box, click "Advanced".
    4) Click to clear the "Show friendly HTTP error messages " check box.
    5) Click "Apply" and "OK".
    6) Test your web application again

    Best regrds,