Professional Web Applications Themes

FREE! 1000+ Scientific Symbols for Illustrator - Adobe Illustrator Windows

Very good info...thanks. On a related topic, does anybody know a good site to get "landscape design" symbols? I'm talking about the symbols typically used on a landscape blueprint showing trees, shrubs, etc. Thanks again. Gordon...

  1. #1

    Default Re: FREE! 1000+ Scientific Symbols for Illustrator

    Gordon_Anderson@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Adrian,

    Have you considered making these available via Adobe Studio Exchange?

    Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Bob,

    They are listed on Adobe Studio Exchange - it still links to our website for the download as they don't allow downloads bigger than 6 MB.

    Cheers,

    Adrian
    adrianbj@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks, Adrian. I guess I need to check out what's new since the last time I viewed Studio Exchange.

  5. #5

    Thanks a bunch for the symbols!
    User_Name@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Adrian,

    Thank you very much for the symbols!

    Greetings from Belgium

    Ronald
    Ronald_Keller@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks for the symbols! I appreciate your sharing.

    Ron
    nelsonrw@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I registered and received a confirming e-mail. No matter which browser I use I can't get access.

    Jim S
    Jim_Sommer@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Jim,

    The symbol index is a PDF file about 18MB in size. Right-click on this link and download it:

    <http://ian.umces.edu/pdfs/symbol_index.pdf>

    Open it in Acrobat or Reader and determine the page number of interest. You can then open that page in Illustrator with access to all of the symbols in vector form.

    This is a working alternative (for now) for those who prefer not to give out their personal information.

    =-= Harron =-=
    Harron_K._Appleman@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    I have illustrator 9 on a slow 5yr old computer, and would like to use
    your scientific symbols; where does that leave me?

    although the pdf does allow almost most versions of illustrator to
    view it, it is such a HUMONGOUS file, that some ppl with slower
    computers (like me) will have trouble opening it.

    it would be nice if the authors offered separate .eps files; one eps
    file per category.

    would the authors consider it?

    [email]Harron_K._Applemanadobeforums.com[/email] wrote in message news:<2cd0c371.25webx.la2eafNXanI>...
    > Jim,
    >
    > The symbol index is a PDF file about 18MB in size. Right-click on this link and download it:
    >
    > <http://ian.umces.edu/pdfs/symbol_index.pdf>
    >
    > Open it in Acrobat or Reader and determine the page number of interest. You can then open that page in Illustrator with access to all of the symbols in vector form.
    >
    > This is a working alternative (for now) for those who prefer not to give out their personal information.
    >
    > =-= Harron =-=
    r Guest

  11. #11

    My apologies Jim for your access problems. Thanks for confirming via email that you did recently log on successfully.

    In regards to the use of the symbol index PDF to access the symbols without entering personal information:

    This approach prevents the use of the libraries as drag 'n drop symbol palettes integrated into Illustrator. This is one of the key aspects of the libraries that make them so effective, and quick and easy to use.

    I would also like to point out that the Integration and Application Network is part of the University of Maryland. As a university I can assure you that our purposes for collecting this information are only to determine the spectrum of users making use of our resources (an essential part of providing a free resource such as this) and to provide notification of symbol library updates to our registered users.

    I hope this helps to carify the need for the registration process and my apologies to those who still feel it is an invasion of privacy. If necessary, you can always create a disposable hotmail account for online registrations such as these.

    Regards,

  12. #12

    Thank you for that clarification, Adrian. Much appreciated.
    Harron_K._Appleman@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    hi, i would like to use your symbols, but i only have illustrator 9.
    the application won't help me much. could you alternatively supply
    your symbols in .eps format, with one .eps file per category?

    that would be a great resource, if only...

    -R

    [email]adrianbjadobeforums.com[/email] wrote in message news:<2cd0c371.26webx.la2eafNXanI>...
    > My apologies Jim for your access problems. Thanks for confirming via email that you did recently log on successfully.
    >
    > In regards to the use of the symbol index PDF to access the symbols without entering personal information:
    >
    > This approach prevents the use of the libraries as drag 'n drop symbol palettes integrated into Illustrator. This is one of the key aspects of the libraries that make them so effective, and quick and easy to use.
    >
    > I would also like to point out that the Integration and Application
    Network is part of the University of Maryland. As a university I can
    assure you that our purposes for collecting this information are only
    to determine the spectrum of users making use of our resources (an
    essential part of providing a free resource such as this) and to
    provide notification of symbol library updates to our registered
    users.

    > I hope this helps to carify the need for the registration process and my apologies to those who still feel it is an invasion of privacy. If necessary, you can always create a disposable hotmail account for online registrations such as these.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Adrian
    r Guest

  14. #14

    Adrian/Len,

    This thread now seems to have lost its grip, to slide down the all too short slope towards the abyss of lost posts.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    Jacob:

    I think it is still stuck to the top. This is good. steve
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Steve,

    I think it is still stuck to the top. This is good. steve

    It had started to sink until my message brought it to the top. Maybe Len or someone has glued it again (which he might very well do), which would be good, without telling us (which he might very well do), which would be less good.

    Our posts may keep it up there if we continue guessing, and we shall never know.

    Len, is this a Len was here?
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Yes, Jacob,

    The topic sis set to never expire

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    Len, I thought so. This is good.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    Thanks everyone for making sure this post stays at the top and is set to never expire.

    We are getting many downloads by people coming from this forum!

    Much appreciated,

    Adrrian
    adrianbj@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20