Professional Web Applications Themes

Freehand 10 and Tiger Print Problems - Macromedia Freehand

Does anyone know haw to fix an erroe that happens when I go to page setup. I have installed Tiger and now whenever I go to page setup, the program quits and tells me an error happens. Is there a known incompatibility? Aalso, a new problem, when I print, the same thing happens, it just closes the program and tells me that an error occured. Need to now ASAP...thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Freehand 10 and Tiger Print Problems

    Does anyone know haw to fix an erroe that happens when I go to page setup. I
    have installed Tiger and now whenever I go to page setup, the program quits and
    tells me an error happens. Is there a known incompatibility? Aalso, a new
    problem, when I print, the same thing happens, it just closes the program and
    tells me that an error occured.

    Need to now ASAP...thanks!

    Acumanjmg Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Freehand 10 and Tiger Print Problems

    Same thing has happened to me.

    I've tried repairing permissions, uninstalling then reinstalling software, and
    finally repairing permissions again but to no avail. I hope someone has the
    answer here. For temporary solution if I need to print a Freehand file I just
    export it as a pdf file, or just use Illustrator to create the file.

    Also had problem with Suitcase. Can't seem to activate any of my fonts. I
    guess I'll spend the weekend trying to fix these problems. Or maybe I'll just
    watch a good movie and go to the beach. :)

    macletosh Guest

  4. #4

    macletosh wrote:

    Sounds like a failure of FH to find printer drivers or PPDs. Have you guys
    tried deleting your printers and setting them up again?

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Guest

  5. #5

    Judy, I did also delete my printer from the printer list and then re-installed it. Is there another way to do it?
    macletosh Guest

  6. #6

    macletosh wrote:

    That's the only way that I know of. The following are only general
    suggestions as I'm still using OS 10.3.9/FHMX.

    Do you have another printer? What happens if you make a different printer
    the default printer in Printer Setup Utility? Can you print to all printers
    from other applications?

    You might check to see if the printer manufacturer has a new driver or PPD.

    If you are unable to find a solution, I suggest you report this to
    Macromedia via the bug reporting form:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/wishform/?6213=10

    If this is a widespread problem with FH10/Tiger, MM should at very least
    post a warning on their web site.

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Guest

  7. #7

    I am using Freehand 10 as well with Tiger. When I select Page SetUp from any
    point in my process, Freehand unexpectedly quits. I want to write a postscript
    doc to send through distiller and I need to select a larger page size so that
    crop marks will show up without fitting to page - thereby making it less than
    100% size. I have no idea what to do. I have deleted, reinstalled, checked for
    new updated drivers. HELP.

    Formation Guest

  8. #8

    Since there's no version of FH that is supposed to work with Tiger, why
    upgrade to Tiger? Use the previous version that worked, and wait until MM
    updates FH!

    "Aanjmg" <com> wrote in message

    Pia Guest

  9. #9

    Judy,

    Unfortunately, I don't have another printer. I just have this 3-in-1 Epson
    Stylus CX3200, which I print via ethernet. I've also checked for printer driver
    update and they don't seem to have one. My other two computers (OS 9) can print
    to this printer. My G4 which used to have OS X 10.2 didn't have this problem
    until OS X 10.4.

    macletosh Guest

  10. #10

    macletosh wrote:

    Well, I guess it's decision time, isn't it? Which is more important to you
    -- FreeHand or OS 10.4?

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Guest

  11. #11

    Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
    macletosh wrote:

    re-installed

    That's the only way that I know of. The following are only general
    suggestions as I'm still using OS 10.3.9/FHMX.

    Do you have another printer? What happens if you make a different printer
    the default printer in Printer Setup Utility? Can you print to all printers
    from other applications?

    You might check to see if the printer manufacturer has a new driver or PPD.

    If you are unable to find a solution, I suggest you report this to
    Macromedia via the bug reporting form:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/wishform/?6213=10

    If this is a widespread problem with FH10/Tiger, MM should at very least
    post a warning on their web site.

    Judy Arndt

    Hi Judy,

    I do not think Freehand10 has any bug. I have three Postscript devices on my
    G5 2.7 (Tiger) and they all work well. I believe you are quite right in saying
    that they should check Epson for updaters or downgrading to Panther until Epson
    releases an update.

    Regards,
    David

    davecc Guest

  12. #12

    davecc wrote:

    Interesting. Thanks for the info, David.

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Guest