Professional Web Applications Themes

Freehand 11.02 and TIFF's, HELP PLZ! - Macromedia Freehand

Hiya, I have a problem with importing TIFF into Freehand, at present it takes in excess of 2 hours to import a 70Mb TIFF. DOesn anyone know why this is happening and how i can resolve this, I am running freehand MX 11.02 on MacOS X 10.2.8 (as far as i am aware all are up to date in terms of updates etc) Thanks for any help...

  1. #1

    Default Freehand 11.02 and TIFF's, HELP PLZ!

    Hiya,
    I have a problem with importing TIFF into Freehand, at present it takes in
    excess of 2 hours to import a 70Mb TIFF. DOesn anyone know why this is
    happening and how i can resolve this,

    I am running freehand MX 11.02 on MacOS X 10.2.8 (as far as i am aware all are
    up to date in terms of updates etc)

    Thanks for any help

    SimonB256 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Freehand 11.02 and TIFF's, HELP PLZ!

    Try changing the on screen image resolution in the redraw preferences to low
    and work in keyline mode as much as possible.
    Large tiff files continue to be a problem for me too.
    I still boot into OS9 and use FH9 for multi page layouts using tiff files. It
    flies.
    In OSX and FH11 it crawls... (I REALLY hate to say that).

    Acumowchek Guest

  3. #3

    Also read every post from Judy Arndt.
    She is our resident FH genius.
    Acumowchek Guest

  4. #4

    Aowchek wrote:
    > Also read every post from Judy Arndt.
    > She is our resident FH genius.
    LOL! Well thanks for the compliment. :-D

    I'd like to encourage users to search FreeHand forum posts using
    Google Advanced Groups Search:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search[/url]

    In the newsgroup field enter: macromedia.freehand

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Arndt Guest

  5. #5

    SimonB256 wrote:
    > Hiya,
    > I have a problem with importing TIFF into Freehand, at present it takes in
    > excess of 2 hours to import a 70Mb TIFF. DOesn anyone know why this is
    > happening and how i can resolve this,
    >
    > I am running freehand MX 11.02 on MacOS X 10.2.8 (as far as i am aware all are
    > up to date in terms of updates etc)
    >
    > Thanks for any help

    Good to know it's not just me. I posted something similar a couple
    months back here with no response. I finally got around the problem by
    making the bitmaps smaller by lowering the resolution and splitting them
    into smaller pieces. But this is a big problem with working with MX and
    really makes me miss version 9 (no option to run that here.)
    Wes Rand Guest

  6. #6

    I can confirm the problem. I'm unable to import a plain, flattened,
    uncompressed 74Mb TIFF. I get a 'Not the right kind of doent' error
    message.

    Workaround:
    In Photoshop, I sliced the image into two sections, saved separately and
    imported the two TIFFs. FHMX could handle the two smaller, 37Mb files.

    Judy Arndt

    --
    FHMX 11.0.2 (Build 92)
    Mac G4, OS 10.3.4

    Wes Rand wrote:
    > SimonB256 wrote: Hiya, I have a problem with importing TIFF into Freehand, at
    > present it takes in excess of 2 hours to import a 70Mb TIFF. DOesn anyone know
    > why this is happening and how i can resolve this,
    >
    >> I am running freehand MX 11.02 on MacOS X 10.2.8 (as far as i am aware all
    >> are up to date in terms of updates etc)
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help
    >>

    > Good to know it's not just me. I posted something similar a couple months back
    > here with no response. I finally got around the problem by making the bitmaps
    > smaller by lowering the resolution and splitting them into smaller pieces. But
    > this is a big problem with working with MX and really makes me miss version 9
    > (no option to run that here.)
    Judy Arndt Guest

  7. #7

    This has been a problem with freehand since before MX.

    I use to run into TIFF files that FH9 could not open. Sometimes resizing by
    a few pixels solved the problem.

    mg

    "Judy Arndt" <jarndtshawbiz.ca> wrote in message
    > I can confirm the problem. I'm unable to import a plain, flattened,
    > uncompressed 74Mb TIFF. I get a 'Not the right kind of doent' error
    > message.
    >
    > Workaround:
    > In Photoshop, I sliced the image into two sections, saved separately and
    > imported the two TIFFs. FHMX could handle the two smaller, 37Mb files.
    >
    > Judy Arndt
    >
    > --
    > FHMX 11.0.2 (Build 92)
    > Mac G4, OS 10.3.4
    >
    > Wes Rand wrote:
    >
    > > SimonB256 wrote: Hiya, I have a problem with importing TIFF into
    Freehand, at
    > > present it takes in excess of 2 hours to import a 70Mb TIFF. DOesn
    anyone know
    > > why this is happening and how i can resolve this,
    > >
    > >> I am running freehand MX 11.02 on MacOS X 10.2.8 (as far as i am aware
    all
    > >> are up to date in terms of updates etc)
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for any help
    > >>

    > > Good to know it's not just me. I posted something similar a couple
    months back
    > > here with no response. I finally got around the problem by making the
    bitmaps
    > > smaller by lowering the resolution and splitting them into smaller
    pieces. But
    > > this is a big problem with working with MX and really makes me miss
    version 9
    > > (no option to run that here.)

    Martin Gamache Guest

  8. #8

    At least in my experience the problem is much worse with Freehand MX. A
    file I created in FH9 refused to open in MX until I reduced the size of
    the TIFFs.

    Martin Gamache wrote:
    > This has been a problem with freehand since before MX.
    >
    > I use to run into TIFF files that FH9 could not open. Sometimes resizing by
    > a few pixels solved the problem.
    >

    > mg
    >
    > "Judy Arndt" <jarndtshawbiz.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>I can confirm the problem. I'm unable to import a plain, flattened,
    >>uncompressed 74Mb TIFF. I get a 'Not the right kind of doent' error
    >>message.
    >>
    >>Workaround:
    >>In Photoshop, I sliced the image into two sections, saved separately and
    >>imported the two TIFFs. FHMX could handle the two smaller, 37Mb files.
    >>
    >>Judy Arndt
    >>
    >>--
    >>FHMX 11.0.2 (Build 92)
    >>Mac G4, OS 10.3.4
    >>
    >>Wes Rand wrote:
    >>

    >>>SimonB256 wrote: Hiya, I have a problem with importing TIFF into
    >
    > Freehand, at
    >
    >>>present it takes in excess of 2 hours to import a 70Mb TIFF. DOesn
    >
    > anyone know
    >
    >>>why this is happening and how i can resolve this,

    > all

    >>>Good to know it's not just me. I posted something similar a couple
    >
    > months back
    >
    >>>here with no response. I finally got around the problem by making the
    >
    > bitmaps
    >
    >>>smaller by lowering the resolution and splitting them into smaller
    >
    > pieces. But
    >
    >>>this is a big problem with working with MX and really makes me miss
    >
    > version 9
    >
    >>>(no option to run that here.)

    Wes Rand Guest