Professional Web Applications Themes

Freehand Loses its linked images on every file - Macromedia Freehand

We are using Freehand MX 11.0.2 on approx 25-50 Macs running OS 10.3.3. We are running a strict SMB/CICS only network. I am assuming that Freehand MX is incapable of saving its doents without a resource fork from a mac. I believe that is the source of our problem, which is that freehand loses its links to any imported doents when you reconnect to the server. Because of the size of the scans and the frequent nature of changing the files that are imported, we cannot embed the graphics with reliable results. Due to enormous file management issues, the files ...

  1. #1

    Default Freehand Loses its linked images on every file

    We are using Freehand MX 11.0.2 on approx 25-50 Macs running OS 10.3.3. We are
    running a strict SMB/CICS only network. I am assuming that Freehand MX is
    incapable of saving its doents without a resource fork from a mac. I believe
    that is the source of our problem, which is that freehand loses its links to
    any imported doents when you reconnect to the server. Because of the size
    of the scans and the frequent nature of changing the files that are imported,
    we cannot embed the graphics with reliable results. Due to enormous file
    management issues, the files that we link cannot be kept in the same directory
    as the freehand file.
    This is more then an inconvenience because we have to batch export thousands
    of files a day. When we do this the batch breaks down because each doent has
    to have its scans relinked. This is a potential productivity loss of 70-80%
    with Freehand MX on OSX

    Is there a way to make Freehand MX keep its scan links over the SMB protocol
    without having to keep the imported doent in the freehand directory and
    without embedding the scan.

    cpaulin Guest

  3. #3

    hi, we have the same (horrible) problem. i try dave software and any options on the win2000 sever. nothing works.
    because we produce everything in freehand, we think of downgrading to os9 (!).
    logopilot Guest