Professional Web Applications Themes

Freehand MX Graphic to Flash MX - Macromedia Freehand

Hi All, Hoping someone out there can help me with the following really frustrating problem. I'm currently designing my website entirely in Flash, however all of the components and graphics have been created in Freehand. Here's the problem, when I copy and paste or export as a .swf file and open in flash or paste the graphic in strokes become corrupt and paste insides seem to have problems to. However this is not the case with every file, some come in fine which puzzles me even further. I've submitted this query on a couple of forums but to no evail, ...

  1. #1

    Default Freehand MX Graphic to Flash MX

    Hi All,

    Hoping someone out there can help me with the following really frustrating
    problem.

    I'm currently designing my website entirely in Flash, however all of the
    components and graphics have been created in Freehand.

    Here's the problem, when I copy and paste or export as a .swf file and open in
    flash or paste the graphic in strokes become corrupt and paste insides seem to
    have problems to. However this is not the case with every file, some come in
    fine which puzzles me even further.

    I've submitted this query on a couple of forums but to no evail, I've even
    tried exporting as pretty much every format and still no joy.

    This is really holding me up now and I need to get the site up and running
    A.S.A.P everything is in place it's just getting the graphics from freehand.

    Hope someone has some input.

    Thanks in advance
    Mark at Moderata

    Mark Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Freehand MX Graphic to Flash MX

    Mark Murphy 73;
    There will be differences since freehand has many features that are not
    supported in swf format. Some examples--swf at this time allows only rounded
    endcaps, and paste insides are converted to flash masks. You didn't provide
    app versions, but one option you did not mention was importing the native
    freehand file into flash. -Tom Unger

    Tom Guest

  3. #3

    Instead of using paste inside, you could use the transform methods to
    make the art.

    In the art that is to be pasted inside, make everything an object. Use
    Expand Stroke to make the strokes into closed objects you can fill.

    Select the clip path and the objects and use the Transform methods
    (intersect and punch) to do the art. I always dupe the clip path then do
    the transform because I have transform consumes orignal paths turned on
    in Preferences. Also, duping the clip path puts it above the objects so
    it punches correctly.

    This will give you same effect as paste inside and should eliminate
    problems with that feature.

    dp

    D. Guest

  4. #4

    Hi,

    I am reading this forum with interest as i do have designed my entire website
    in Frehand and now wish to create the website in Flash MX.

    Is the best way to export each page I have in Freehand as a graphic into the
    Library in Flash and then onto a guide layers then beging recreating all the
    artwork in Flash MX using the Freehand files as guides onlt. Seems to duplicate
    a lot of work if this is the way forward.

    Any comments welcome.

    nicksteve Guest