Professional Web Applications Themes

freehand palettes - Macromedia Freehand

I am a Windows XP pc user. I once tried to install ATM deluxe 4, but could not get to work (suitable only for windows 95). Since this, I have attempted to uninstall, but now have true type fonts that appear bitty. My main concern is when working with Freehand 10 and Freehand MX (I have both). My tool panels (ie. Object palette, mixer palette etc), now display large text. By this I mean, the name of the palette (ie. object palette) is now in approx 14 point text, and the text associated within these palettes is also large. In ...

  1. #1

    Default freehand palettes

    I am a Windows XP pc user. I once tried to install ATM deluxe 4, but could not
    get to work (suitable only for windows 95).

    Since this, I have attempted to uninstall, but now have true type fonts that
    appear bitty.

    My main concern is when working with Freehand 10 and Freehand MX (I have
    both). My tool panels (ie. Object palette, mixer palette etc), now display
    large text. By this I mean, the name of the palette (ie. object palette) is now
    in approx 14 point text, and the text associated within these palettes is also
    large. In addition, I cant resize these palettes when right clicking on the top
    of the palette ? the word ?size? is shaded grey.

    This problem has given me limited viewing and navigating space.

    I have noticed text in dialog boxes also displays at a large size. This has
    affected Quark also, but not Photoshop. Why is this happening to freehand ?

    I have also reinstalled all my fonts, but still have problem. could there be
    some ATM files that haven?t deleted ? problem only occurred after atm
    installation. Tried query with adobe, but still have problem.

    shazz w Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: freehand palettes

    god this forum posting is poor i keep having to write stuff 2 - 3 times as it
    keeps losing my replys -
    Well good old macromedia...... bugs r us :P

    ok well to sum up my previous essay -----
    in windows settings/control pannel goto :
    Display properties / Appearence / Advanced
    and change the text sizes - I reckon its this not a font thing ---

    IOP_jamie Guest

  3. #3

    IOP_jamie wrote:
    > god this forum posting is poor i keep having to write stuff 2 - 3 times as it
    > keeps losing my replys -
    > Well good old macromedia...... bugs r us :P
    If you use a news reader to read this forum, you won't have those problems.
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/news/using.html[/url]

    Using a news reader gives you the advantage of saving your messages as
    drafts before sending and using a spell checker -- which some of us find
    quite valuable. ;-D

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Arndt Guest

  4. #4

    In article <cdnttb$9c$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    "shazz w" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote:
    > I am a Windows XP pc user. I once tried to install ATM deluxe 4, but could
    > not
    > get to work (suitable only for windows 95).
    >
    > Since this, I have attempted to uninstall, but now have true type fonts that
    > appear bitty.

    You may have 'hosed' your system as far as handling fonts is concerned;
    from what I hear attempting to remove ATM from a WinXP system can damage
    or delete some of the files that support the system's own font-rendering
    capabilities. You might try a Repair installation of the OS -- and keep
    ATM away from it afterwards.

    --
    Odysseus
    Odysseus Guest

  5. #5

    can you recommend a repair installation ? ie. is nortons system works worthwhile ? would this do the job in deleting unwanted atm files?
    shazz w Guest