Professional Web Applications Themes

freehand wont remember cropping info please help - Macromedia Freehand

Hi guys, Im using an educational version of freehand 10 at college- trying to get a project out of the way, and freehand today decided it would forget all cropping info. By that, I mean, where I had cropped all images to fit snuggly into an allocated space, today, on opening the files, all images within are displayed at full size, with no regard for how i had configured them before. All other changes such as guides and text size were remembered properly from last session any ideas?...

  1. #1

    Default freehand wont remember cropping info please help

    howdums webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    howdums,

    I can't help with your specific problem, but as far as I know the
    educational version is the same as all other versions. I have the
    educational version of freehand 11 mx. As I understand it , your version is
    the same as all others, you just can't 'upgrade' to version 11. You would
    have to buy it.

    --
    Thank You,

    Sandra

    "howdums" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > Im using an educational version of freehand 10 at college- trying to get a
    project out of the way, and freehand today decided it would forget all
    cropping info.

    > By that, I mean, where I had cropped all images to fit snuggly into an
    allocated space, today, on opening the files, all images within are
    displayed at full size, with no regard for how i had configured them before.
    All other changes such as guides and text size were remembered properly from
    last session

    > any ideas?

    Sandra Guest

  3. #3

    I assume you used the crop tool? What is the image format that you cropped
    (TIFF, JPEG, etc.)? I don't believe it will work on EPS files.

    Early version of FH had bugs associated with the Crop tool. Using clipping
    paths has always been a more reliable method of cropping images in FH.

    Judy Arndt

    howdums wrote:
    > Im using an educational version of freehand 10 at college- trying to get a
    > project out of the way, and freehand today decided it would forget all
    > cropping info.
    >
    > By that, I mean, where I had cropped all images to fit snuggly into an
    > allocated space, today, on opening the files, all images within are displayed
    > at full size, with no regard for how i had configured them before. All other
    > changes such as guides and text size were remembered properly from last
    > session
    Judy Arndt Guest