Professional Web Applications Themes

FreehandMX 11.02 upgrade and guide lines - Macromedia Freehand

Hi, we recently made the mistake of uploading the 11.02 upgrade on to our existing MX11 freehand programme thinking that it would fix a problem with drop shadows which it didn't, but instead, it caused a new problem (bug). Now we dare not use a guide (status) line for fear that it will freeze (crash) the program, ergo then, the computer. Has anyone else had this problem? Will we have to re-install the basic MX11 version again minus the 11.02 upgrade (back to square one) in order to fix this problem?...

  1. #1

    Default FreehandMX 11.02 upgrade and guide lines

    Hi, we recently made the mistake of uploading the 11.02 upgrade on to our
    existing MX11 freehand programme thinking that it would fix a problem with
    drop shadows which it didn't, but instead, it caused a new problem (bug).
    Now we dare not use a guide (status) line for fear that it will freeze
    (crash) the program, ergo then, the computer. Has anyone else had this
    problem? Will we have to re-install the basic MX11 version again minus the
    11.02 upgrade (back to square one) in order to fix this problem?

    Chris Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: FreehandMX 11.02 upgrade and guide lines

    Chris Wood wrote:

    What kind of computer?
    Wes Guest

  3. #3

    Chris Wood wrote:

    What is your platform and OS? Are you using the latest video drivers for
    your video card?

    FH 11.0.2 offers many bug fixes. See this technote.
    http://www.macromedia.com/go/tn_19162

    Guides have stroke and fill color and can carry Raster Effects. If you
    happened to send an object with a complex Raster Effect to the Guides layer,
    it could be causing problems.

    Use Edit Guides to release all guides, give them Normal style (black
    stroke/no fill) and send them back to the guides layer. See if that helps.

    Are you able to create new guides or are you only having trouble editing
    existing guides? Can you pull guides from the page rulers and edit them?

    Is this happening only with files created under 11.0, or with new files as
    well?

    Are you working with files imported from a different application?

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Guest

  4. #4

    Pentium 3 PC running Win 2000.

    "Wes Rand" <com> wrote in message

    > What kind of computer?[/ref]

    Chris Guest

  5. #5

    We are simply pulling the guides from the page rulers onto the doent,
    nothing any more complicated than that (nothing to do with layers which we
    rarely use). The simple act of pulling these guide lines from top, left,
    right or bottom results in the computer freezing. We haven't tried it with
    freehand 10 files yet but it does it on all 11 files. We are not working
    with files from any other application excepting images from photoshop. We
    use a pc Pentium 3 on Win 2000.

    "Judy Arndt" <ca> wrote in message
    news:BE9FB59B.2D8C9%ca... [/ref]
    our [/ref]
    with [/ref]
    (bug).

    > What is your platform and OS? Are you using the latest video drivers for
    > your video card?
    >
    > FH 11.0.2 offers many bug fixes. See this technote.
    > http://www.macromedia.com/go/tn_19162
    >
    > Guides have stroke and fill color and can carry Raster Effects. If you
    > happened to send an object with a complex Raster Effect to the Guides[/ref]
    layer,

    Chris Guest

  6. #6

    There is a bug in the program that causes crashes when the layer and
    styles palettes are docked together. If the are together, try separating
    them and see if that helps.

    dp

    Chris Wood wrote: [/ref]

    > our
    > [/ref]
    >
    > with
    > [/ref]
    >
    > (bug).

    >>What is your platform and OS? Are you using the latest video drivers for
    >>your video card?
    >>
    >>FH 11.0.2 offers many bug fixes. See this technote.
    >>http://www.macromedia.com/go/tn_19162
    >>
    >>Guides have stroke and fill color and can carry Raster Effects. If you
    >>happened to send an object with a complex Raster Effect to the Guides[/ref]
    >
    > layer,

    >[/ref]
    D. Guest

  7. #7

    Chris Wood wrote:

    Ummm ... FH has rulers only on the the top and left of the window. If you
    have page rulers on the bottom and right, then you have another problem.

    Before pulling a guide from rulers, choose the Normal graphic style (black
    stroke/no fill) just to make sure you're not attaching a corrupt style to
    the rulers.

    Have you deleted your Preferences file? This technote is about another
    subject, but it tells how to find and delete Preferences:
    http://www.macromedia.com/go/tn_12050

    Will FHMX run in Safe mode? If so, test that way. It may be that a system
    extension is causing a conflict. If it won't run in Safe mode, turn off
    virus-checkers, screen savers, etc. and try again.

    Have you reinstalled FHMX? Make sure to delete all FH Settings files first,
    such as Preferences and Toolbars, because the installer does not overwrite
    those files (at least not on a Mac).

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks a lot, tried that and it seems to have worked. On initial use of the
    guidelines once these palettes were seperated the program froze .........
    then unfroze again and works ok now without a complete reboot. A bug in the
    system is correct.

    "D. Plank" <net> wrote in message
    news:d5fjnl$peh$macromedia.com... [/ref]
    we [/ref]
    with [/ref]
    We

    > > our