Professional Web Applications Themes

Freeze Top Menu bar - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi, I have created a website (not finished yet), this is based on a template where I put some layers in, this is working ok, but now I want to freeze the top menu bar so that I can scroll down the page without losing my menu out of sight, while I open my template page and try to add a frame on the top of the page is this option to add a frame grayed out. the template page is an ASP Javascript page. Is there any other option to keep the menu bar in my page or do ...

  1. #1

    Default Freeze Top Menu bar

    Hi,

    I have created a website (not finished yet), this is based on a template where I put some layers in, this is working ok, but now I want to freeze the top menu bar so that I can scroll down the page without losing my menu out of sight, while I open my template page and try to add a frame on the top of the page is this option to add a frame grayed out.

    the template page is an ASP Javascript page.

    Is there any other option to keep the menu bar in my page or do I have to build a completely new template ?

    If so, can I attach my already created pages to a new Template page ?

    thanks

    Patrick

    PMol Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Freeze Top Menu bar

    Patrick:

    You need some HTML lore.

    You cannot add a frame to a page. To use frames, you must create a frameset
    file first.

    You mean it is a DMX Template page that contains both ASP and js, and is
    saved as foo.dwt.asp?

    build a completely new template ?

    You can use a persistent layer to hold your menu (frankly, given the state
    of your presumed capabilities here, I am not happy with the direction that
    this is taking, but suit yourself) - find one here -

    Marja Ribbers-de Vroed's site
    http://www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver

    This can be a nightmare. Don't ever do that. If you want to bring a page
    under a template, spawn a new page from the template and copy and paste from
    the old one before saving the new over the old.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "PMol" <com> wrote in message
    where I put some layers in, this is working ok, but now I want to freeze the
    top menu bar so that I can scroll down the page without losing my menu out
    of sight, while I open my template page and try to add a frame on the top of
    the page is this option to add a frame grayed out.
    build a completely new template ?

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    Thank you for your explanation,

    I am going to try it the way you mentioned, but if I want to create a template with a top Frame in it, it doesn't save this Frame.

    I created a page with a top frame and a layer on the left side of the page, when I save this page as a template it only saves the layer on this page and not the Frame, Is there a way to make a template with a Frame in it ??

    thanks

    Patrick

    PMol Guest

  4. #4

    Patrick:

    As I said before, you cannot add a frame to a page with existing content.
    You create a new page and put frames on it. You save this as your frameset
    page after specifying the source file for each individual frame.

    Since a framed page is really multiple pages contained within the context of
    a single frameset page, you cannot make that frameset page into a template.
    You can make each individual frame's source page into a template, but not
    the frameset page.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    "PMol" <com> wrote in message
    template with a top Frame in it, it doesn't save this Frame.
    page, when I save this page as a template it only saves the layer on this
    page and not the Frame, Is there a way to make a template with a Frame in it
    ??

    Murray Guest