In converting my website from HTML 4.01 Transitional to XHTML 1.0 Strict, I
have encountered a problem with Dreamweaver MX 6.1. I have been using the
validation feature of DW a great deal to find all of the XHTML problems that
I need to correct. But it seems like I can only run the validator a few
times before I get a "fatal exception" error. After that, DW crashes (and I
lose any work that I had not yet saved).

This problem seems to show up frequently. I'm running Windows XP
Professional on a 1 GHz Pentium III with 512 MB RAM. While I can't always
repeat the problem, it appears to show up after I have the following
scenario:

1. I open a file that needs fixing.
2. Run the validator on that file, listing any problems it may encounter.
3. Fix several of the problems.
4. Run the validator again.
5. Return to step 3 and repeat.

And every third, fourth or maybe fifth time I do this, the program crashes.
Is there something I may have set up that is causing this? Or is DW just
buggy like that? It's a great program, but there really seem to be some
fundamental problems (like this one) that just shouldn't be there.

Thanks,
Jonah B.