Professional Web Applications Themes

Frontend? - MySQL

Hi, can someone recommend a freeeware (!) frontend to MySQL? Regarding the usability I really like MySQL-Front and am looking for something comparable. Thanks in advance Anja...

  1. #1

    Default Frontend?

    Hi,

    can someone recommend a freeeware (!) frontend to MySQL? Regarding the
    usability I really like MySQL-Front and am looking for something comparable.

    Thanks in advance
    Anja

    Anja Länge Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Frontend?

    a bit down there is a thread about this. but to keep it short: phpmyadmin
    and mysql control center should do the trick. google will help you to find
    it...

    bye

    "Anja Länge" <anja.laengegmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi,
    >
    > can someone recommend a freeeware (!) frontend to MySQL? Regarding the
    > usability I really like MySQL-Front and am looking for something
    > comparable.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Anja

    OJay Guest

  3. #3

    Anja Länge wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > can someone recommend a freeeware (!) frontend to MySQL? Regarding the
    > usability I really like MySQL-Front and am looking for something comparable.

    What about MySQLAdmin?

    I'd discourage the use of PHPMyAdmin, given the many problems it causes.

    Then there's Tora, but I don't know if that works with MySQL now.
    Christian Kirsch Guest

  4. #4

    OJay <ojayblue-cable.de> schrieb:
    > a bit down there is a thread about this. but to keep it short:
    > phpmyadmin and mysql control center should do the trick.
    It should be an application, not webbased... about MySQL CC: I've tried it
    but do not really like it... that's why I am looking for an alternatives
    which might not be one of the usual suspects.

    Anja

    Anja Länge Guest

  5. #5

    "Anja Länge" <anja.laengegmx.de> kirjoitti
    viestissä:43494690$0$16486$9b4e6d93newsread4.arco r-online.net...
    > OJay <ojayblue-cable.de> schrieb:
    >
    >> a bit down there is a thread about this. but to keep it short:
    >> phpmyadmin and mysql control center should do the trick.
    >
    > It should be an application, not webbased... about MySQL CC: I've tried
    > it but do not really like it... that's why I am looking for an
    > alternatives which might not be one of the usual suspects.

    MySQLFront, version 2.5 is free.

    TaaviUntamo Guest

  6. #6

    Anja Länge wrote:
    > can someone recommend a freeeware (!) frontend to MySQL? Regarding the
    > usability I really like MySQL-Front and am looking for something comparable.
    I use MySQLAdmin and MySQL Query Browser. Both are free downloadables
    from mysql.com. They do almost everything I'd want; I wish they had a
    grid view for manual editing of data.

    Regards,
    Bill K.
    Bill Karwin Guest

  7. #7

    Bill Karwin <billkarwin.com> schrieb:
    > I wish they had a grid view for manual editing of data.
    That's what I need it for... quick and easy filling tables with copy&paste.

    Anja

    Anja Länge Guest

  8. #8

    Uzytkownik "Bill Karwin" <billkarwin.com> napisal w wiadomosci
    > I use MySQLAdmin and MySQL Query Browser. Both are free downloadables
    > from mysql.com. They do almost everything I'd want; I wish they had a
    > grid view for manual editing of data.
    Actually, MySQL Query Browser HAS a grid for manually editing the data.
    Try this simple trick:
    - open session in Query Browser
    - select table by double-click or manually enter 'SELECT * FROM
    the-table' and press 'Execute'; a grid with actual content of selected
    table will be shown;
    - press 'Edit' on the Status Bar;
    From this moment data become editable. You can accept (apply) or drop
    (discard) your changes by pressing other buttons on Status Bar.

    Regards

    JasiekS
    Warsaw, Poland

    JasiekS Guest

  9. #9

    Hi, I assume you're on windows, but just in case you also work on a mac,
    you could take a look at CocoaMySQL, simple and straightforward..

    bye,
    Job

    Anja Länge wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > can someone recommend a freeeware (!) frontend to MySQL? Regarding the
    > usability I really like MySQL-Front and am looking for something comparable.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Anja

    Job Guest

  10. #10

    Job <jobjeshotmail.com> schrieb:
    > but just in case you also work on a mac, you could take a look at
    > CocoaMySQL, simple and straightforward..
    I don't, but if I ever should, I'll remember ;-)

    Anja

    Anja Länge Guest

  11. #11

    JasiekS wrote:
    > Actually, MySQL Query Browser HAS a grid for manually editing the data.
    > Try this simple trick:
    > - open session in Query Browser
    > - select table by double-click or manually enter 'SELECT * FROM
    > the-table' and press 'Execute'; a grid with actual content of selected
    > table will be shown;
    > - press 'Edit' on the Status Bar;
    > From this moment data become editable. You can accept (apply) or drop
    > (discard) your changes by pressing other buttons on Status Bar.
    Thanks for the excellent tip, JasiekS!
    I did not know about that usage of MySQL Query Browser.

    Dziekuje,
    Bill K.
    Bill Karwin Guest

  12. #12

    Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:19:36 +0200, Job <jobjeshotmail.com> top
    > posted like a newbie and wrote:
    Yes, thank you. I am a newbie. Got any problems with that?

    >>Hi, I assume you're on windows,
    >

    > Why assume? Windoze is not the only OS out there and it's certainly
    > losing ground rapidly.
    Last time I looked, unfortunately, and as much I would like to see it
    diferently, the majority was still windoze..

    >>but just in case you also work on a mac,
    >>you could take a look at CocoaMySQL, simple and straightforward..
    >

    > I tried it. I didn't like it.
    You don't have to like it, it was a tip meant for Anja.

    >>bye,
    >

    > Stop top posting.
    Was the first time. Stop nagging.

    >>Job
    >>

    >>Anja Länge wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>can someone recommend a freeeware (!) frontend to MySQL? Regarding the
    >>>usability I really like MySQL-Front and am looking for something comparable.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advance
    >>>Anja

    Job Guest

  13. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Tim McNamara Guest
    Moderated Post

  14. #14

    Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    > Where've ya been? :) I'm makin' more cash from non windoze stuff
    > than ever before.
    Wow, I didn't know Benjamin J. Grimm used the Internet. :-)

    Hey, this is a newsgroup for MySQL. Can I suggest that you move the
    endless Mac vs. Windows debate to a more appropriate newsgroup?
    comp.sys.mac.advocacy, comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,
    comp.os.linux.advocacy, take your pick. In fact, each person who
    advocates a given system, please post only in your corresponding
    ..advocacy group, and the debates will peacefully end.

    Regards,
    Bill K.
    Bill Karwin Guest

  15. #15

    > >> Why assume? Windoze is not the only OS out there and it's certainly
    > >> losing ground rapidly.
    > >Last time I looked, unfortunately, and as much I would like to see it
    > >diferently, the majority was still windoze..
    >
    > The majority of databases, as far as I've seen, are still on UNIX
    > based systems.
    Rubbish :-)

    Nevertheless, albeit that the database system runs in *nix, this does
    not mean the workstations for development/access/administration
    don't run on Windows.

    --
    With regards,

    Martijn Tonies
    Server
    Upscene Productions
    [url]http://www.upscene.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com[/url]

    Martijn Tonies Guest

  16. #16

    "Anja Länge" <anja.laengegmx.de> schreef in bericht
    > Hi,
    >
    > can someone recommend a freeeware (!) frontend to MySQL? Regarding the
    > usability I really like MySQL-Front and am looking for something
    > comparable.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Anja

    nico rijsmus Guest