Professional Web Applications Themes

FrontPage Runtime Component Error - ASP Database

Hi I'm currently getting an error message saying I need FrontPage Server Extension in order to have the form function properly. This is on an ASP page(s) that worked perfectly up to yesterday. Normally when I get this error message I recalculate the server extension on that web, however when I do this now instead of the normal recalculation page I get alot of "gobbledegook" - like a text page. The only thing I've dones since the last successful test and receiving this error is switch my pc off - I've not touched the settings on the IIS or any ...

  1. #1

    Default FrontPage Runtime Component Error

    Hi

    I'm currently getting an error message saying I need
    FrontPage Server Extension in order to have the form
    function properly. This is on an ASP page(s) that worked
    perfectly up to yesterday. Normally when I get this error
    message I recalculate the server extension on that web,
    however when I do this now instead of the normal
    recalculation page I get alot of "gobbledegook" - like a
    text page. The only thing I've dones since the last
    successful test and receiving this error is switch my pc
    off - I've not touched the settings on the IIS or any of
    the coding/properties of my ASP pages.

    The set-up of this pages is: the user inputs their details
    on a html form then the information is submitted to an ASP
    form/page for confirmation, after this this information is
    submitted to the database (Access). All of which was
    working ...honest!!

    Thanking you in advance

    Leeanne

    Leeanne Guest

  2. #2

    I meant to say that all other asp pages connecting to this
    database work - edits and queries.
    Leeanne Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: FrontPage Runtime Component Error

    Leeanne wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm currently getting an error message saying I need
    > FrontPage Server Extension in order to have the form
    > function properly. This is on an ASP page(s) that worked
    > perfectly up to yesterday. Normally when I get this error
    > message I recalculate the server extension on that web,
    > however when I do this now instead of the normal
    > recalculation page I get alot of "gobbledegook" - like a
    > text page. The only thing I've dones since the last
    > successful test and receiving this error is switch my pc
    > off - I've not touched the settings on the IIS or any of
    > the coding/properties of my ASP pages.
    >
    > The set-up of this pages is: the user inputs their details
    > on a html form then the information is submitted to an ASP
    > form/page for confirmation, after this this information is
    > submitted to the database (Access). All of which was
    > working ...honest!!
    >
    > Thanking you in advance
    >
    > Leeanne
    I would ask this on the .inetserver.iis newsgroup. If they can't help, then
    you will probably need to reinstall iis and Front Page Extensions.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"