Professional Web Applications Themes

Frontpage Server extensions error - Macromedia Exchange Dreamweaver Extensions

I have a requirement for frontpage server extensions. I downloaded and installed publishweb 1.1.0 on studio mx 2004. When I put files on the server, the progress dialog box locks up and eventually I get a message saying there is a "client/server communication error" I can get files from the server with no problem, but they always show up as locked. I went into iis and unselected anonymous access, which causes a different problem and checked the basic access box. This also causes another issue. no one can access the web site without a username and password. I can transfer ...

  1. #1

    Default Frontpage Server extensions error

    I have a requirement for frontpage server extensions. I downloaded and
    installed publishweb 1.1.0 on studio mx 2004. When I put files on the server,
    the progress dialog box locks up and eventually I get a message saying there is
    a "client/server communication error" I can get files from the server with no
    problem, but they always show up as locked.

    I went into iis and unselected anonymous access, which causes a different
    problem and checked the basic access box.
    This also causes another issue. no one can access the web site without a
    username and password.

    I can transfer files with frontpage no problem. Has anyone else seen this?

    Bryan T Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Frontpage Server extensions error

    No, because I stay away from Front Page extensions. :)
    They are really very limited and have been constructed to work well only
    with Front Page .. there are better ways and it's far better to code the
    technology needed than it is to depend on Front Page extensions.

    --
    Nancy Gill
    Team Macromedia Member: Dreamweaver MX/UltraDev

    "Bryan T" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I have a requirement for frontpage server extensions. I downloaded and
    > installed publishweb 1.1.0 on studio mx 2004. When I put files on the
    server,
    > the progress dialog box locks up and eventually I get a message saying
    there is
    > a "client/server communication error" I can get files from the server
    with no
    > problem, but they always show up as locked.
    >
    > I went into iis and unselected anonymous access, which causes a different
    > problem and checked the basic access box.
    > This also causes another issue. no one can access the web site without a
    > username and password.
    >
    > I can transfer files with frontpage no problem. Has anyone else seen
    this?

    Nancy Gill Guest

  3. #3

    I am having this same problem when trying to access my server also. I am
    setting up a webserver that needs to have Frontpage Server Extensions installed
    (version 2002) for Frontpage access but at the same time needs to be accessible
    using Dreamweaver. Is there a newer version of the extension to make this
    work? Also I have followed all of the troubleshooting doents on the
    Macromedia site regarding this problem...

    Dros81 Guest

  4. #4

    :confused; Anyone have advice for this? I am encountering the same thing when
    I try to access the FrontPage enabled server wtih Dreamweaver. It says an
    unexpected client/server communication error occurred during connection.

    BRSD-web Guest

  5. #5

    I am actually having the exact same problem except i have DW8 which doesn't
    even have a FP extension available for it so im not able to even update to our
    server without having a copy of frontpage. I was told also that Microsoft is
    dropping support for frontpage so maybe this will all god away soon and DW will
    be the sole program to work from. Does anyone know how i can solve this
    problem without having to buy frontpage? The server belongs to a university so
    i don't really have access nor authority to change much but if i can hand them
    a resonable solution to the problem then maybe i have a chance. Anyone have
    any ideas?

    cyberspy1099 Guest