Professional Web Applications Themes

FS: Nikon D100 Digital SLR - Photography

Nikon D100 Body MB-D100 Grip 2 x EN-EL3 batteries Cables etc MH-18 Charger Immaculate condition (it really is), 1 year old $2,950 (Sydney pickup) (selling because I got a D1X and can't afford both - boo hoo) - Simon mail me on: sritchie at bigpond dot com (or leave a message here)...

  1. #1

    Default FS: Nikon D100 Digital SLR

    Nikon D100 Body
    MB-D100 Grip
    2 x EN-EL3 batteries
    Cables etc
    MH-18 Charger

    Immaculate condition (it really is), 1 year old

    $2,950 (Sydney pickup)

    (selling because I got a D1X and can't afford both - boo hoo)

    - Simon

    mail me on: sritchie at bigpond dot com

    (or leave a message here)

    peteZ Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Nikon D100 Digital SLR

    As the chicken farmer holding up the Ostrich egg said: 'I am not
    complaining, I am not criticising, I am merely pointing out what is being
    done elsewhere'

    [url]http://svc003.bne012i.server-web.com/catalogue/dirtcheap/cache/item-3269publ[/url]
    ic.html?cache=no

    :)

    "peteZ" <peteZaol.com> wrote in message
    > Nikon D100 Body
    > MB-D100 Grip
    > 2 x EN-EL3 batteries
    > Cables etc
    > MH-18 Charger
    >
    > Immaculate condition (it really is), 1 year old
    >
    > $2,950 (Sydney pickup)
    >
    > (selling because I got a D1X and can't afford both - boo hoo)
    >
    > - Simon
    >
    > mail me on: sritchie at bigpond dot com
    >
    > (or leave a message here)

    David in Perth Guest

  3. #3

    David,

    You have done it again - you really should check up your details before
    using a keyboard.

    The D100 you mention is a body only at: $3594.34

    Lets go thru what my kit offers:

    Body (new) $3594.34
    MB-D100 Grip $550
    Extra EN-EL3 $92

    Total: $4236.34 (this is what it'd cost to buy brand new)

    I am offering mine for $2,950 I would not have thought this was hard to deal
    with, and if you knew your gear, you'd see this was a very good price for a
    prospective purchaser.

    Thanks.

    "David in Perth" <friendelijahspamtraptnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > As the chicken farmer holding up the Ostrich egg said: 'I am not
    > complaining, I am not criticising, I am merely pointing out what is being
    > done elsewhere'

    [url]http://svc003.bne012i.server-web.com/catalogue/dirtcheap/cache/item-3269publ[/url]
    > ic.html?cache=no
    >
    > :)
    >

    > "peteZ" <peteZaol.com> wrote in message
    > > Nikon D100 Body
    > > MB-D100 Grip
    > > 2 x EN-EL3 batteries
    > > Cables etc
    > > MH-18 Charger
    > >
    > > Immaculate condition (it really is), 1 year old
    > >
    > > $2,950 (Sydney pickup)
    > >
    > > (selling because I got a D1X and can't afford both - boo hoo)
    > >
    > > - Simon
    > >
    > > mail me on: sritchie at bigpond dot com
    > >
    > > (or leave a message here)

    peteZ Guest

  4. #4

    peteZ wrote:
    > David,
    >
    > You have done it again - you really should check up your details before
    > using a keyboard.
    >
    > The D100 you mention is a body only at: $3594.34
    >
    > Lets go thru what my kit offers:
    >
    > Body (new) $3594.34
    > MB-D100 Grip $550
    > Extra EN-EL3 $92
    >
    > Total: $4236.34 (this is what it'd cost to buy brand new)
    >
    > I am offering mine for $2,950 I would not have thought this was hard to deal
    > with, and if you knew your gear, you'd see this was a very good price for a
    > prospective purchaser.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Well David is pretty much correct on this matter as to the price. There
    has been one purchased recently for a total of $4045.00 including a
    18/35 lens and MB-D100.

    Now lets break that down. Lens $965(street), Grip $550 (street). Oh for
    the battery there $35 on eBay.

    12 months old - as a concern to everyone no warranty either.

    How much does a digital camera depreciate over 12 l o n g months - I'm
    very much surprised that it was not superseded.

    rm

    > "David in Perth" <friendelijahspamtraptnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >
    >>As the chicken farmer holding up the Ostrich egg said: 'I am not
    >>complaining, I am not criticising, I am merely pointing out what is being
    >>done elsewhere'
    >>

    > [url]http://svc003.bne012i.server-web.com/catalogue/dirtcheap/cache/item-3269publ[/url]
    >
    >>ic.html?cache=no
    >>
    >>:)
    >>

    >>"peteZ" <peteZaol.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Nikon D100 Body
    >>>MB-D100 Grip
    >>>2 x EN-EL3 batteries
    >>>Cables etc
    >>>MH-18 Charger
    >>>
    >>>Immaculate condition (it really is), 1 year old
    >>>
    >>>$2,950 (Sydney pickup)
    >>>
    >>>(selling because I got a D1X and can't afford both - boo hoo)
    >>>
    >>>- Simon
    >>>
    >>>mail me on: sritchie at bigpond dot com
    >>>
    >>>(or leave a message here)

    ops Guest

  5. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Andrew Hennell Guest
    Moderated Post

  6. #6

    Nikon charge $550 for a grip?
    ROFL

    Adam F

    > David,
    > Lets go thru what my kit offers:
    >
    > Body (new) $3594.34
    > MB-D100 Grip $550
    > Extra EN-EL3 $92

    Adam F Guest

  7. #7

    nikon users seem to accept paying exorbitant markups for accessories. that
    was a part of my decision to go with canon instead. a small factor, but one
    nonetheless, i hate to feel i am continually being gouged after spending
    tonnes of cash on a body and glass already.

    "Adam F" <asfletchNOSPAMuts.edu.au> wrote in message
    news:3f299db6$0$23593$5a62ac22freenews.iinet.net. au...
    > Nikon charge $550 for a grip?
    > ROFL
    >

    > Adam F
    >

    > "peteZ" <peteZaol.com> wrote in message
    > > David,
    > > Lets go thru what my kit offers:
    > >
    > > Body (new) $3594.34
    > > MB-D100 Grip $550
    > > Extra EN-EL3 $92

    Warren Prasek Guest

  8. #8

    Right. So thats why the bloke who I know at work with a 10D went to buy the
    battery grip the other day, went to a few stores all who told him "it only
    comes with the pro kit" and the only store which would quote him one was G&V
    imaging who in their famous rip-off style quoted $775 (not a typo, he
    confirmed it - he was shocked).

    I told him to ring DCC which he hasn't done yet - but still, whats your
    point?

    PS

    My MB-D100 addon cost me $460

    PPS

    It has voice annotation - I don't believe the Canon one offers this?

    Gav

    "Warren Prasek" <newsgroupspam at deletethisbit dot wprasek dotcom> wrote in
    message news:3f29a8ab$0$26535$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.a u...
    > nikon users seem to accept paying exorbitant markups for accessories. that
    > was a part of my decision to go with canon instead. a small factor, but
    one
    > nonetheless, i hate to feel i am continually being gouged after spending
    > tonnes of cash on a body and glass already.
    >

    > "Adam F" <asfletchNOSPAMuts.edu.au> wrote in message
    > news:3f299db6$0$23593$5a62ac22freenews.iinet.net. au...
    > > Nikon charge $550 for a grip?
    > > ROFL
    > >

    > > Adam F
    > >

    > > "peteZ" <peteZaol.com> wrote in message
    > > > David,
    > > > Lets go thru what my kit offers:
    > > >
    > > > Body (new) $3594.34
    > > > MB-D100 Grip $550
    > > > Extra EN-EL3 $92

    Gavin Cato Guest

  9. #9

    It's a really fancy grip (seriously!).

    Cheers,

    Danny

    "Adam F" <asfletchNOSPAMuts.edu.au> wrote in message news:<3f299db6$0$23593$5a62ac22freenews.iinet.net .au>...
    > Nikon charge $550 for a grip?
    > ROFL
    >

    > Adam F
    >

    > "peteZ" <peteZaol.com> wrote in message
    > > David,
    > > Lets go thru what my kit offers:
    > >
    > > Body (new) $3594.34
    > > MB-D100 Grip $550
    > > Extra EN-EL3 $92
    Danny Smith Guest

  10. #10

    Default *** Item withdrawn ***

    From the rather negative responses I have received here it seems FS: are not
    welcome here.

    Pity really as I figured this group to be a bit more than what it has turned
    out to be.

    I have had several offers (via emails) locally and will sell it offline.

    I wont be selling here again - there are better outlets around for
    exchanging Photographic goods, so I'll use them instead.

    thanks,

    - PeteZ

    "peteZ" <peteZaol.com> wrote in message
    > Nikon D100 Body
    > MB-D100 Grip
    > 2 x EN-EL3 batteries
    > Cables etc
    > MH-18 Charger
    >
    > Immaculate condition (it really is), 1 year old
    >
    > $2,950 (Sydney pickup)
    >
    > (selling because I got a D1X and can't afford both - boo hoo)
    >
    > - Simon
    >
    > mail me on: sritchie at bigpond dot com
    >
    > (or leave a message here)

    peteZ Guest

  11. #11

    Default Re: *** Item withdrawn ***

    "peteZ" <peteZaol.com> wrote:
    > From the rather negative responses I have received here it seems FS: are
    not
    > welcome here.
    I didn't read that implication anywhere in this thread? FS and FA posts are
    most definitely welcome here. The first person to reply to your post is one
    of the biggest auctioneers on this group. He wasn't saying FS/FA weren't
    welcome, just making his comments (right or wrong) on your price.
    > I wont be selling here again - there are better outlets around for
    > exchanging Photographic goods, so I'll use them instead.
    There are certainly outlets where you can get more money (eg eBay) and you
    won't have people poking sticks at your asking price. Ignore the knockers,
    or set them right on their errors. If your price is what people are willing
    to pay then you'll get the sale regardless.

    KC

    Ken Guest

  12. #12

    [email]dsmithsiroccoresources.com.au[/email] (Danny Smith), far, far away from here,
    appears to have written:

    [snips]
    > Err... Warren, I'd say in general Nikon gear is a little more
    > expensive than Canon in Oz, but have you priced a 550EX here and
    > overseas recently?
    >
    > There's certainly someone making damn good margin on those in Oz!
    Not from me :-)
    --

    cheers, Mic (Reply address works...)

    Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

    M i c C u l l e n Guest

  13. #13

    On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:19:47 GMT, "peteZ" <peteZaol.com> wrote:
    >From the rather negative responses I have received here it seems FS: are not
    >welcome here.
    uhmm - did you read my reply? I was negative towards the knockers,
    NOT towards you for offering something for sale.

    FS & FA are MOST WELCOME here - I'd much rather buy from local peers
    than from overseas whenever possible.
    >Pity really as I figured this group to be a bit more than what it has turned
    >out to be.
    There are some zealots amongst us - i find them amusing at best,
    annoying at worst, but not anything I'd lose sleep over.
    >I have had several offers (via emails) locally and will sell it offline.
    good stuff :o)
    >I wont be selling here again - there are better outlets around for
    >exchanging Photographic goods, so I'll use them instead.
    Yup, there are plenty of ways to sell - but please let us know on the
    newsgroup also - there's plenty of buyers amongst us - and ignore the
    idiots.

    Andrew :o)

    Andrew Hennell Guest

  14. #14

    my battery grip cost $160. that's my point.

    "Gavin Cato" <gavinnospam.com> wrote in message
    > Right. So thats why the bloke who I know at work with a 10D went to buy
    the
    > battery grip the other day, went to a few stores all who told him "it only
    > comes with the pro kit" and the only store which would quote him one was
    G&V
    > imaging who in their famous rip-off style quoted $775 (not a typo, he
    > confirmed it - he was shocked).
    >
    > I told him to ring DCC which he hasn't done yet - but still, whats your
    > point?
    >
    > PS
    >
    > My MB-D100 addon cost me $460
    >
    > PPS
    >
    > It has voice annotation - I don't believe the Canon one offers this?
    >
    > Gav
    >

    > "Warren Prasek" <newsgroupspam at deletethisbit dot wprasek dotcom> wrote
    in
    > message news:3f29a8ab$0$26535$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.a u...
    > > nikon users seem to accept paying exorbitant markups for accessories.
    that
    > > was a part of my decision to go with canon instead. a small factor, but
    > one
    > > nonetheless, i hate to feel i am continually being gouged after spending
    > > tonnes of cash on a body and glass already.
    > >

    > > "Adam F" <asfletchNOSPAMuts.edu.au> wrote in message
    > > news:3f299db6$0$23593$5a62ac22freenews.iinet.net. au...
    > > > Nikon charge $550 for a grip?
    > > > ROFL
    > > >

    > > > Adam F

    Warren Prasek Guest

  15. #15

    "Gavin Cato" <gavinnospam.com>, far, far away from here, appears to
    have written:

    [snips]
    > Does it have voice annotation?
    Good point - it's worth a few hundred dollars to have voice annotation
    on your camera. Much rather have it there than on, say, my PDA.

    :-)

  16. #16

    no, but $300 extra is a lot for a simple mic and a couple of circuits. i
    wont' start about the huge range of USM and IS lenses vs. the couple nikon
    has come out with, 5 years later.

    we could go on forever about this really... but there's better things to do!

  17. #17

    Agreed. Sorry about your bad experience PeteZ.

    "Andrew Hennell" <andrewhennell.com.au.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:19:47 GMT, "peteZ" <peteZaol.com> wrote:
    >
    > >From the rather negative responses I have received here it seems FS: are
    not
    > >welcome here.
    >
    > uhmm - did you read my reply? I was negative towards the knockers,
    > NOT towards you for offering something for sale.
    >
    > FS & FA are MOST WELCOME here - I'd much rather buy from local peers
    > than from overseas whenever possible.
    >
    > >Pity really as I figured this group to be a bit more than what it has
    turned
    > >out to be.
    >
    > There are some zealots amongst us - i find them amusing at best,
    > annoying at worst, but not anything I'd lose sleep over.
    >
    > >I have had several offers (via emails) locally and will sell it offline.
    >
    > good stuff :o)
    >
    > >I wont be selling here again - there are better outlets around for
    > >exchanging Photographic goods, so I'll use them instead.
    >
    > Yup, there are plenty of ways to sell - but please let us know on the
    > newsgroup also - there's plenty of buyers amongst us - and ignore the
    > idiots.
    >
    > Andrew :o)

    Norm Guest

  18. #18

    "Adam F" <asfletchNOSPAMuts.edu.au> writes:
    > Nikon charge $550 for a grip?
    > ROFL
    Yes, because Nikon users are so desperate to get a grip.

    :)

    --
    Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
    +61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.