Professional Web Applications Themes

FTP Connections Problems - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

Hi, Having difficulty setting up an initial connection with Contribute. Application successfully logs to my FTP server, and performs all ftp diagnostics ok with exception of testing permissions. When I try to do this manually from the command line on my Windows XP system, I notice the "site chmod" and "chmod" functions are not supported. No problems changing file permissions using Filezilla. Please advise workaround and/or if an windows ftp client can be upgraded....

  1. #1

    Default FTP Connections Problems

    Hi,

    Having difficulty setting up an initial connection with Contribute.

    Application successfully logs to my FTP server, and performs all ftp
    diagnostics ok with exception of testing permissions. When I try to do this
    manually from the command line on my Windows XP system, I notice the "site
    chmod" and "chmod" functions are not supported.

    No problems changing file permissions using Filezilla.

    Please advise workaround and/or if an windows ftp client can be upgraded.

    lmelendez_jr_UK Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: FTP Connections Problems

    Hi Tom,

    Many thanks for your response.

    Current permission settings on web server for all files/directories are 755
    which according to Contributes tech notes is required in order for application
    to work properly.

    It's a bit confusing because there are no problems to report with permissions
    when using Filezilla or CuteFTP.

    Kindest regards,

    Luis

    lmelendez_jr_UK Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Luis,

    In case this helps, I got this as a response from Macromedia Technical Support:
    [Q]Contribute requires at least 664 permissions on the root directory of the
    site and all it's subdirectories. This means read-write permissions for both
    group and owner section, and read permissions for the public section. Any
    permissions lower than this would cause some issues when Contribute attempts to
    download files while creating drafts and publish files.[/Q]

    I'm working in a Windows environment so the 755/664 doesn't apply.

    Tom Benjamin Guest

  4. #4

    My web server administrators downloaded a triail version of Contribute 3.11 to
    better understand my case and had no problems whatsoever making an inital
    connection to my site. (They even were kind enough to send me a printscreen
    image to prove their sucess.

    I am confident that the porblem does not lie with my webserver root directory
    permissions but more likely with my FTP client and its incapacity to perform a
    CHMOD or SITE CHMOD function. I have gone through the FTP diagnostics using my
    the comand line and all tests were successful with the exception of CHMOD.

    Workaround please!

    lmelendez_jr_UK Guest

  5. #5

    Issue resolved when [url]http://domainname.com[/url] was used intstead of [url]http://www.domainname.com[/url] !