Professional Web Applications Themes

fuji finepix a201 undelete question - Photography

I have been very very silly with my brothers new toy: I have managed to erase 6-7 images from his digital camera: a finepix A201. They were stored on a 16M memory card thingy. I have looked at the software for the camera and can't see any way to do it or in any of the menus in the camera itself. All help to resolve this family feud would be appreciated! marcu -- Unless otherwise noted, the statements herein reflect my personal opinions and not those of any organisation with which I may be affiliated....

  1. #1

    Default fuji finepix a201 undelete question

    --
    Unless otherwise noted, the statements herein reflect my
    personal opinions and not those of any organisation with
    which I may be affiliated.
    marcuirl Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: fuji finepix a201 undelete question

    In article <9jwuem9rba.fsfcrpppc215.epfl.ch>, [email]marcuirlimap.no2this.cc[/email]
    says...
    > I have been very very silly with my brothers new toy:
    >
    > I have managed to erase 6-7 images from his digital camera: a finepix
    > A201. They were stored on a 16M memory card thingy. I have looked at
    > the software for the camera and can't see any way to do it or in any
    > of the menus in the camera itself.
    >
    > All help to resolve this family feud would be appreciated!
    >
    > marcu

    You can't do it with the camera or camera software. You would probably
    need data recovery software (expensive) or a service.

    --
    John O.
    There is no slack in light attack.

  3. #3

    > I have managed to erase 6-7 images from his digital camera: a finepix
    > A201. They were stored on a 16M memory card thingy. I have looked at
    > the software for the camera and can't see any way to do it or in any
    > of the menus in the camera itself.
    >
    > All help to resolve this family feud would be appreciated!

    If he has not taken any other pix with the cam or more correctly the memory
    card you may be able to recover them. There are several programs that may
    do it. There is a free one called Digital Image Recovery. I don't have a
    link to it.

    Ralph Mowery Guest

  4. #4

    Try this one, [url]www.RecoverMyFiles.com[/url] . The demo version will allow you to
    view the deleted files. Im not sure whether it works with a direct camera
    connection. You may need an adaptor.

    Good luck

    "Ralph Mowery" <rmoweryctc.net> wrote in message

    > > I have managed to erase 6-7 images from his digital camera: a finepix
    > > A201. They were stored on a 16M memory card thingy. I have looked at
    > > the software for the camera and can't see any way to do it or in any
    > > of the menus in the camera itself.
    > >
    > > All help to resolve this family feud would be appreciated!
    > >

    > If he has not taken any other pix with the cam or more correctly the
    memory
    > card you may be able to recover them. There are several programs that may
    > do it. There is a free one called Digital Image Recovery. I don't have a
    > link to it.

    Reg Hamilton Guest

  5. #5

    > I have a Fuji A201 and have not managed to undelete files using several different programs (eg Photorecovery, ImageRecall, Winhex). I think that, unlike most digital cameras, the Fuji Finepix does actually delete the data. I have used WinHex to look at the Smartmedia card to confirm this.
    This would appear to be a very un-user friendly feature!
    Has anyone else managed to sucessfully undelete Fuji Finepix files?
    Nick
    nick Guest

  6. #6

    sorry for this really late reply. But hope I can add something to the topic.

    Well, when you suffer any data loss on your Fuji or other digital cameras, the first thing should do - immidiately stop using the same camera memory card to take more photos or videos in case possibilities of data recovery might be greatly reduced.

    As to software, this site Digital-Camera-Recovery.com displays a list of free programs for both PC & Mac OS X.

    Regards & happy the holiday season!
    allenluk is offline Junior Member
    Dec 2011
    Location