Professional Web Applications Themes

Fuji Frontier 340 = Dark & Saturated pictures !!! - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hello everyone and thank you for taking time to answer my question. Before I begin let me say that I am a newbie BUT I have read this forum a lot and I have done many Adobe gamma testing and monitor calibration. My question for you kind people is that in Adobe Elements 2, all my pictures look really beutifull, sharp & bright. (with monitor properly calibrated). But when I recive my photos (developed by our nieborhood lab, who has a Fuji Frontier 340) my pictures come out dark and saturated, too much color. When I complain to him, he ...

  1. #1

    Default Fuji Frontier 340 = Dark & Saturated pictures !!!

    Hello everyone and thank you for taking time to answer my question.

    Before I begin let me say that I am a newbie BUT I have read this forum a lot and I have done many Adobe gamma testing and monitor calibration.

    My question for you kind people is that in Adobe Elements 2, all my pictures look really beutifull, sharp & bright. (with monitor properly calibrated).

    But when I recive my photos (developed by our nieborhood lab, who has a Fuji Frontier 340) my pictures come out dark and saturated, too much color.

    When I complain to him, he says that my monitor is not properly calibrated, but I don't think that is the answer.

    Thank you very much for your kind advice.

    Shyrah Lusaya.
    Shyrah Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fuji Frontier 340 = Dark & Saturated pictures !!!

    An issue similar to this came up quite a while ago on the forum. I didn't have any bookmarks, but a quick Google search turned up the following link to a post asking essentially the same question.

    <http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/18204>

    Within this post, there's another link to "DryCreekPhoto" - or I think that's the name; I only took a quick glance. You'll find some helpful information. I looked at the Dry Creek site once but decided I wasn't ready to commit myself to a Fuji adjustment. As it turns out, the shop I've gone to a couple of times is using Noritsu, so that was probably a good decision on my part.
    Beth Guest

  3. #3

    Shyra, how did you calibrate your monitor? Did you adjust brightness and contrast too? Do you include a profile with your images?

    Probably his will be able to provide you the right profile for his printer; using this profile you should be able to get consistant results.

    Leen
    Leen Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you very much for your answers,

    Dry creek is great except that I work in the Middle East and after reading that site I am now more confused.

    So what I should do is ask the fuji frontier operator for a copy of the ICC profile file that he is using? am I right? will he just give it to me, as he is sort of unskilled.

    And to Leen, yes I did calibrate my monitor using Adobe Gamma found in the control p, however I'm not sure if I have done it correctly, you see on the second screen where it says turn the contrast to 100% and then lower the brightness untill the center box becomes almost black, well I end up putting the brightness to 0% and the center box is still light enough to see.

    I really appriciate your kind and heartly advices and forgive my english.

    Shyrah.
    Shyrah Guest

  5. #5

    Hello everyone again,

    I've learned some things and wanted to clarify if I am doing this right.

    I found a generic Fuji Frontier 340 ICC profile from drycreek, and now what I did is loaded my original image in photoshop 7 and on the proof setup I choose that profile and now the image kinda looked like the one I got from the lab.

    So is this what I should be doing,

    1. Load my image and proof setup using the fuji profile and then
    2. use levels to brighten the image so it looks like the way I want it to... this way my image will look really overexposed on my monitor but I suppose it will be good when printed, am I correct?

    I must say that this is so disappointing as it is kinda hard.

    Thanks again for your invalauble help.

    Shyrah.
    Lusaya, Guest