Professional Web Applications Themes

Fuji S2 Pro and infrared filter - help? - Photography

Hi, I am wondering if my fuji S2 pro will take infrared shots with, say, a Hoya R72 filter. I know that some cameras are more capable of taking infrared than others, but I can't really find out if mine is or not. I've tried pointing a remote at it and pressing buttons, but I don't seem to SEE whatever it is that I am meant to using that method that will tell me if my camera's capable of infrared. Thanks so much for any and all help! Lynn...

  1. #1

    Default Fuji S2 Pro and infrared filter - help?

    Hi, I am wondering if my fuji S2 pro will take infrared shots with,
    say, a Hoya R72 filter. I know that some cameras are more capable of
    taking infrared than others, but I can't really find out if mine is or
    not. I've tried pointing a remote at it and pressing buttons, but I
    don't seem to SEE whatever it is that I am meant to using that method
    that will tell me if my camera's capable of infrared. Thanks so much
    for any and all help! Lynn
    Lynn Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fuji S2 Pro and infrared filter - help?

    "Lynn" <lynndianahhomechoice.co.uk> schreef in bericht
    news:fc747ac4.0307150354.476fa8ecposting.google.c om...
    > Hi, I am wondering if my fuji S2 pro will take infrared shots with,
    > say, a Hoya R72 filter. I know that some cameras are more capable of
    > taking infrared than others, but I can't really find out if mine is or
    > not. I've tried pointing a remote at it and pressing buttons, but I
    > don't seem to SEE whatever it is that I am meant to using that method
    > that will tell me if my camera's capable of infrared. Thanks so much
    > for any and all help! Lynn
    If your camera is sensitive to IR, you should clearly see the infrared
    LED's on the front of the remote blinking with a white-ish kind of light.

    If you don't see anything at all, then that is suspicious too, because
    I don't think there are cams which actually have such an
    excellent hot mirror that blocks *all* IR. Maybe you are doing
    something wrong, or the refresh rate of your LCD interferes with
    the blink rate of the remote so that as a result you dont see
    anything......

    Another option is of course to borrow a filter from someone, and
    just try ;-))

    Grtx,

    Rene

    Rene Guest

  3. #3

    On 15 Jul 2003 04:54:56 -0700, [email]lynndianahhomechoice.co.uk[/email] (Lynn)
    wrote:
    >Hi, I am wondering if my fuji S2 pro will take infrared shots with,
    >say, a Hoya R72 filter. I know that some cameras are more capable of
    >taking infrared than others, but I can't really find out if mine is or
    >not. I've tried pointing a remote at it and pressing buttons, but I
    >don't seem to SEE whatever it is that I am meant to using that method
    >that will tell me if my camera's capable of infrared. Thanks so much
    >for any and all help! Lynn
    Yes !
    It is perfect Camera for IR .
    : 1/30s F1.8
    My woman A70 - 4 sec and terrible noises .

    good lack J.P.
    J.P. Guest

  4. #4

    Hmmm...so that's one person saying it does work and another saying
    no...any more answers? Thanks, Lynn

    > Yes !
    > It is perfect Camera for IR .
    > : 1/30s F1.8
    > My woman A70 - 4 sec and terrible noises .
    >
    > good lack J.P.
    Lynn Guest

  5. #5

    > > My woman A70 - 4 sec and terrible noises .
    > >
    > > good lack J.P.
    This is quite intrigueing, isn't it???

    ;-)

    Rene

    Rene Guest

  6. #6

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:52:59 +0200, "Rene" <Poolsterplanet.nl> wrote:

    >If your camera is sensitive to IR, you should clearly see the infrared
    >LED's on the front of the remote blinking with a white-ish kind of light.

    The S2 doesn't display 'live' images on the LCD - it only displays
    after the shot has been taken.
    Andre Guest

  7. #7

    I do quite a bit of IR work with my S2 - with excellent results. 89B
    filter, set +2.5 exposure and a +/- 1.0 three shot bracket, aperature
    priority at f11, color set to B&W, and compose on tripod without filter.
    Depending on ASA, daylight exposures will be about 1 second. Images are
    quite flat, but can be edited into really fine, dramatic IR pictures.
    Cheers, Steve

    Pz Guest

  8. #8

    Alan Rutlidge wrote:

    > "Rene" <Poolsterplanet.nl> wrote in message
    > > "Lynn" <lynndianahhomechoice.co.uk> schreef in bericht
    > > news:fc747ac4.0307150354.476fa8ecposting.google.c om...
    > > > Hi, I am wondering if my fuji S2 pro will take infrared shots with,
    > > > say, a Hoya R72 filter. I know that some cameras are more capable of
    > > > taking infrared than others, but I can't really find out if mine is or
    > > > not. I've tried pointing a remote at it and pressing buttons, but I
    > > > don't seem to SEE whatever it is that I am meant to using that method
    > > > that will tell me if my camera's capable of infrared. Thanks so much
    > > > for any and all help! Lynn
    > >
    > > If your camera is sensitive to IR, you should clearly see the infrared
    > > LED's on the front of the remote blinking with a white-ish kind of light.
    > >
    > > If you don't see anything at all, then that is suspicious too, because
    > > I don't think there are cams which actually have such an
    > > excellent hot mirror that blocks *all* IR. Maybe you are doing
    > > something wrong, or the refresh rate of your LCD interferes with
    > > the blink rate of the remote so that as a result you dont see
    > > anything......
    > >
    > > Another option is of course to borrow a filter from someone, and
    > > just try ;-))
    > >
    > > Grtx,
    > >
    > > Rene
    > >

    > The S2 Pro can't take IR pics. I've got one ant tried. It doesn't work :(
    I just took one by tungsten light.
    2 seconds, f8, asa 1600 light by two 60 watt bulbs.

    I'll post it as soon as I get organized.
    Bob Crownfield Guest

  9. #9

    "Pz " <acnterols.com> wrote in message news:3F14C4E9.FD04FB99erols.com...
    > I do quite a bit of IR work with my S2 - with excellent results. 89B
    > filter, set +2.5 exposure and a +/- 1.0 three shot bracket, aperature
    > priority at f11, color set to B&W, and compose on tripod without filter.
    > Depending on ASA, daylight exposures will be about 1 second. Images are
    > quite flat, but can be edited into really fine, dramatic IR pictures.
    > Cheers, Steve

    Okay, I didn't try mine in daylight. Tried with IR illumination in totally
    dark room. ISO 1600, lens wide open and 30 sec exposure, no filters.
    Camera recorded nothing, even when camera was pointed towards IR source.
    And before you ask, yes the IR source was working - confirmed using CCD
    video camera.

    Just answered post from personal experience and observation.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Rutlidge Guest

  10. #10

    Alan Rutlidge wrote:

    > Okay, I didn't try mine in daylight. Tried with IR illumination in totally
    > dark room. ISO 1600, lens wide open and 30 sec exposure, no filters.
    > Camera recorded nothing, even when camera was pointed towards IR source.
    > And before you ask, yes the IR source was working - confirmed using CCD
    > video camera.
    >
    > Just answered post from personal experience and observation.[/ref]

    my observation is that s2 does infrared
    both sunlight and tungsten, using an 89b filter.

    my lunapro meter, with 89b filter, set to asa 100,
    or half the asa set on the camera, meters well.

    Bob Guest

  11. #11

    Bob Crownfield wrote:
    > > The S2 Pro can't take IR pics. I've got one ant tried. It doesn't work :([/ref]
    >
    > I just took one by tungsten light.
    > 2 seconds, f8, asa 1600 light by two 60 watt bulbs.
    >
    > I'll post it as soon as I get organized.[/ref]

    http://thedigitalimages.com/
    Bob Guest

  12. #12

    The S2 works very well with IR filters. I use a B&W 093 on a
    20mm/f2.8 and shoot panoramics. Works great.

    north@nt.sympatico.ca Guest

  13. #13