Hi,

I would like to ask if there is any point having torn page detection turned
on if you are operating in full recovery mode.

I was under the impression that when operating in full recovery mode, if the
server loses power then the next time it restarts
any transaction will be rolled back and thus will we have have no torn
pages.

or does the recovery mode yhave nothing to do with torn page detection?

I have read that if we have torn pages the database must be restored, is
this the only option?

I take it I would be correct in assuming that torn pages are totally
different from page splits.

thank you in advance.

martin.