Professional Web Applications Themes

full-screen - Macromedia Flash Player

i have the latest version of flash installed but i still have problems viewing flash videos in full screen mode even though they are fine in normal mode. can anyone help?...

  1. #1

    Default full-screen

    i have the latest version of flash installed but i still have problems viewing flash videos in full screen mode even though they are fine in normal mode. can anyone help?
    wyvern89 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: full-screen

    What's the issue that you are having when you view in full screen mode?
    Darren Guest

  3. #3

    I am having the same problem with fullscreen. I installed the latest version of
    flash and I can play videos fine in normal size but when I try to play them in
    fullscreen I can only get sound while the video freezes. Any suggestions?

    majormoves Guest

  4. #4

    What kind of video card is on your system?

    Also have you updated the latest drivers for the video card?

    You can find this info in a system diagnostic file.

    Select Start > Run and type in ?dxdiag?

    Darren Guest

  5. #5

    I am not too sure of what type of graphics card I have but here is what I saw:
    Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller, my main driver is: i81xdnt5.dll, it show a
    date of 8/4/2004 so I am pretty sure I may need an update, but where and how
    can I do that?

    majormoves Guest

  6. #6

    [q]Originally posted by: majormoves
    I am not too sure of what type of graphics card I have but here is what I saw:
    Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller, my main driver is: i81xdnt5.dll, it show
    a date of 8/4/2004 so I am pretty sure I may need an update, but where and how
    can I do that?[/q]

    http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/

    Select your Intel video card chipset from the Graphics entry in the Download
    Center menu

    Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller

    Select your version of Windows and download and install the latest driver.

    Darren Guest

  7. #7

    I went to the website you advised and I went to install the latest driver and
    before installing I was prompted that I already have the latest driver and that
    what I was about to download was actually an older version of what I already
    have. Do you think I need to update my actual graphics card? There is another
    computer of the same brand in my house and it has the same graphics controller,
    and there is no problem playing fullscreen vidoes with flash on that computer.
    Is there something I should reconfigure on my computer? I have no clue what to
    do next.

    majormoves Guest

  8. #8

    well darren, I think i finally resolved my problem and it was something so
    simple. all I did was disable my hardware acceleration while playing videos,
    now videos are playing in fullscreen just fine. Thank you very much for your
    time and patience.

    majormoves Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks majormoves,

    For others who may need to know, In order to disable hardware acceleration

    To view the Display panel:

    1. Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Macintosh) the application image
    during playback.
    2. From the context menu, select Settings. The Display panel is the first
    panel shown.

    What is hardware-accelerated scaling?

    Although Flash Player can display high-quality video and images by itself,
    hardware-accelerated scaling uses the video or graphics card on your computer
    to display images and video more clearly and quickly than Flash Player can on
    its own.

    Will hardware-accelerated scaling work on all computers?

    For hardware-accelerated scaling to work, you need Microsoft® DirectX 9 with
    VRAM 128 MB on Windows® 2000 Service Pack 4 or higher; for Apple® Macintosh®,
    OS X v10.2 or higher. There might be compatibility issues with older hardware
    and drivers such as those with Windows 98. (See Flash Player system
    requirements.) With older versions of Flash Player, you should not see dramatic
    changes as the player reverts from hardware-accelerated scaling back to
    software scaling.

    If I have display problems with Flash Player, what should I do?

    If you have display problems with Flash Player, such as poor picture quality
    or slow display times, deselect Enable Hardware Acceleration in the Display
    panel. This should eliminate hardware or driver compatibility problems with
    Flash Player. Flash Player then uses software to scale and display the content.

    How can I display this panel again?

    To view the Display panel:

    3. Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Macintosh) the application image
    during playback.
    4. From the context menu, select Settings. The Display panel is the first
    panel shown.

    Darren Guest