Professional Web Applications Themes

Fullscreen problem! - Macromedia Flash Player

I can't get fullscreen to work on Hulu.com's Adobe Flash Player 9. In both IE and Firefox I get this when I go full-screen (regardless of standard res or 420p) http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2200/fullscreenii9.jpg I have the latest ATI drivers (8.3, running on HD 2900 Pro) and Vista. Does anyone know of a solution to this? I really want to use fullscreen for watching shows/movies with this player, and have had no problem with other players such as DivX....

  1. #1

    Default Fullscreen problem!

    I can't get fullscreen to work on Hulu.com's Adobe Flash Player 9.

    In both IE and Firefox I get this when I go full-screen (regardless of
    standard res or 420p)

    http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2200/fullscreenii9.jpg

    I have the latest ATI drivers (8.3, running on HD 2900 Pro) and Vista. Does
    anyone know of a solution to this?

    I really want to use fullscreen for watching shows/movies with this player,
    and have had no problem with other players such as DivX.

    neon.rus Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fullscreen problem!

    same here I have no problem with other player like WMplayer Divx veoh but
    whenever Im watching flash (i.e you tube) can't get to full screen I hope adobe
    fix this problem specialy version 9.0.115. thanks ADOBE for messing up

    mykelala01 Guest

  3. #3

    neon.rus i have the same problem now :(
    crazymast Guest

  4. #4

    I seem to be having the same issue there.
    Maybe it is the site?
    FiveStarBookings Guest

  5. #5

    Actually this happens for everything that uses Adobe Flash Player now. Something to do with the latest version, it seems.

    Youtube and many other online video sites don't work fullscreen now :(
    neon.rus Guest

  6. #6

    Bump. How have the devs overlooked such a major problem?

    I have no fullscreen on any of the major sites out there.
    neon.rus Guest

  7. #7

    Okay, this is getting ridiculous. What kind of a company doesn't pay attention
    to such a serious bug in such a widespread product?

    This issue needs to be looked at immediately - many people simply have no
    fullscreen on their favorite movie/video sites!

    neon.rus Guest

  8. #8

    Same problem here... Still no fix?
    XLNET Guest

  9. #9

    I can't believe so much people having the same problem.
    mykelala01 Guest

  10. #10

    Still nothing being done about this...
    neon.rus Guest

  11. #11

    bump
    neon.rus Guest

  12. #12

    I want full screen! Come on Adobe, how hard can it be to fix?
    TranzB Guest

  13. #13

    Hello,

    is it normal that flash player updates automatically? I have the fullscreen problem too, and never wanted Adobe Flash Player allow to perform an autoupdate, but it obviously did it anyway :(
    Jackie78de Guest

  14. #14

    It doesn't work for me either. Does it work for anyone else? It must, otherwise why would they put it onto the site.
    Strike28 Guest

  15. #15

    [q]Originally posted by: Strike28
    It doesn't work for me either. Does it work for anyone else? It must,
    otherwise why would they put it onto the site.[/q]

    Well I guess not all Video cards, but "only" ATI are affected, that's what I
    read in another forum at least. Can somebody confirm this? And is Adobe working
    on fixing this issue asap?

    Jackie78de Guest

  16. #16

    ATI here. Haven't heard anything that confirms that point of view, but it's possible.

    Doesn't seem like Adobe is doing anything about this, hopefully it will be fixed in next version.
    neon.rus Guest

  17. #17

    I had this same problem but i got it working in full screen by right clicking
    going into settings and disabling hardware acceleration.

    I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and Flash Player 9.0.115.0 with ATI HD2600 with
    8.3 Catalyst Drivers

    Boovi Guest

  18. #18

    I got it working by disabling the hardware acceleration, just like Boovi above...
    travel-guy Guest

  19. #19

    Does that still allow for all other features (HD, high-res)?

    And hardware acceleration is kind of a good thing to have, I thought.
    neon.rus Guest

  20. #20

    Divx and flash don't use the same decoding I guess hence the difference.
    Anyway, maybe they have protected the content to be displayed in full screen or
    maybe their internet connection have limited your ip range. There are just so
    many other possibilities here.

    CHAOS'|nc. Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast