Professional Web Applications Themes

Fuzzy Picture - Macromedia Fireworks

I have color digital pictures of our employees that I resize and bring into Dreamweaver for our WebSite. This is working out fine. My problem is that I take this same picture and create a "Grayscale" from it and then import it into a Word doent. These pictures print out fuzzy (??) Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!! THANK YOU!...

  1. #1

    Default Fuzzy Picture

    I have color digital pictures of our employees that I resize and bring into Dreamweaver for our WebSite. This is working out fine. My problem is that I take this same picture and create a "Grayscale" from it and then import it into a Word doent. These pictures print out fuzzy (??) Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!

    THANK YOU!

    dorita Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fuzzy Picture

    What was the original size of the image? What did it get scaled down to?
    Word has a tendency to autoscale images. What format was it in?

    Cheers,
    Sam
    "dorita" <com> wrote in message
    into Dreamweaver for our WebSite. This is working out fine. My problem is
    that I take this same picture and create a "Grayscale" from it and then
    import it into a Word doent. These pictures print out fuzzy (??) Any
    help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!

    Sam Guest

  3. #3

    "dorita" <com> wrote in message
    into Dreamweaver for our WebSite. This is working out fine. My problem is
    that I take this same picture and create a "Grayscale" from it and then
    import it into a Word doent. These pictures print out fuzzy (??) Any
    help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!

    Resize your images (big versions, not the Web ones! I hope you still have
    original large images, don't you?) to desired size IN INCHES and resolution
    like 200 pixels per inches. Export them as TIFF (I'm not sure if Word
    handles PNG resolution info correctly, but I know for sure that it treats
    TIFFs right, and I know for sure that FW exports resolution info for TIFF
    correctly as well). Import them in Word and make sure Word doesn't try to
    set their size to anything different from 100%, in inches.

    Ilyich.
    Ilya Razmanov (a.k.a. Ilyich the Toad)
    http://photoshop.msk.ru/ - Photoshop plug-in filters
    "How did I get into this mess? I really don't know how. We
    seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life." - C3PO, Star Wars

    Ilya Guest

  4. #4

    If they look good in Word, but print like hell, make sure you have a
    poscript driver for you printer. If you don't install it. Most brands will
    have that available from their site.
    alex

    "dorita" <com> wrote in message
    | I have color digital pictures of our employees that I resize and bring
    into Dreamweaver for our WebSite. This is working out fine. My problem is
    that I take this same picture and create a "Grayscale" from it and then
    import it into a Word doent. These pictures print out fuzzy (??) Any
    help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!

    | THANK YOU!

    Alex Guest

  5. #5

    Except when you're trying to print from a non-postscript printer, of
    course.... 8)

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Alex Marino" <net> wrote in message
    is

    Murray Guest

  6. #6

    "Alex Marino" <net> wrote in message

    I'm terribly sorry but having PostScript support does nothing to the quality
    of bitmap images. What is really necessary is having proper resolution for
    bitmap. After that, they may be sent as PostScript, or PCL, or old raw
    HPGL - they will be printing fine anyway.

    And yes, by the way, enabling PostScript support may apparenty do nothing
    but increase the number of "not enough memory" reports from the printer.

    Ilyich.
    Ilya Razmanov (a.k.a. Ilyich the Toad)
    http://photoshop.msk.ru/ - Photoshop plug-in filters
    - Ah, an illegitimate Corley operation!
    - I prefer to think of it as a RENEGADE Corley operation. - Full Throttle

    Ilya Guest

  7. #7

    No it doesn't do anything for the quality of the images, it just prints them
    better.

    we had the same issue here at work with Word and the problem was resolved by
    installing postcscript drivers.
    And like Murray pointed out ... providing your printer supports PostScript.

    Like my post said, I am assuming that the image looks good on the screen.
    Obvioulsy if it does not, it is not going to print better. The problem I
    thought was that the image looked good in Word but was printing bad.

    alex