I'm considering upgrading from Fireworks 4 to MX. I'm fully satisfied
by the v4 feature set for what I use it for, but now that OS X is here
I'm sucbing to the artificial demand created by that OS and getting
native apps.

My main question is speed: Most things are significantly slower under
OS X. Has Fireworks been optimized for OS X, and if so has that
optimization allowed it to perform at least as fast as its lean Mac OS 9
version?

I'd check out the demo, but alas I'd opened it more than 30 days ago, so
now that I'm in a position to evaluate it myself I don't think it's
possible.

TIA -