Professional Web Applications Themes

FYI: Microsoft Publisher Users - Check out Microsoft Expression 3.3 - Web Design

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/[/url] There is a free download for Windows users (and Mac) which weighs in at 57mb. This is Microsoft's latest investment in a vector-based illustration and graphics tool. I have toyed with it today and can honestly say that this is an EXCELLENT product (which is currently under development by Microsoft (they bought out the Creature House Expression product). The output works very nicely in Publisher (except the native file format is not compatible). It has Export as PDF! ;-) I have done some quick drawings and placed them in Publisher in *.eps format, as well as many of the ...

  1. #1

    Default FYI: Microsoft Publisher Users - Check out Microsoft Expression 3.3

    [url]http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/[/url]

    There is a free download for Windows users (and Mac) which weighs in at
    57mb.

    This is Microsoft's latest investment in a vector-based illustration and
    graphics tool. I have toyed with it today and can honestly say that this is
    an EXCELLENT product (which is currently under development by Microsoft
    (they bought out the Creature House Expression product). The output works
    very nicely in Publisher (except the native file format is not compatible).
    It has Export as PDF! ;-)

    I have done some quick drawings and placed them in Publisher in *.eps
    format, as well as many of the other existing Save As options (jpg, gif,
    etc.). There is also a Microsoft public newsgroup available
    (microsoft.public.expression.discussion). I will be monitoring that group as
    well so that I can share these two applications together and see how it
    develops.

    PS...(and hint) probably a great MS app to use for the upcoming Holiday
    Greeting Card Contest beginning later this summer :-)
    --
    Brian Kvalheim
    Microsoft Publisher MVP

    confers no rights.

    Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] Guest

  2. #2

    In news:%23$egTn1SEHA.1308TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] <publishermvps.org> posted:
    > [url]http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/[/url]
    >
    > There is a free download for Windows users (and Mac) which weighs in
    > at 57mb.
    >
    > This is Microsoft's latest investment in a vector-based illustration
    > and graphics tool. I have toyed with it today and can honestly say
    > that this is an EXCELLENT product (which is currently under
    > development by Microsoft (they bought out the Creature House
    > Expression product). The output works very nicely in Publisher
    > (except the native file format is not compatible). It has Export as
    > PDF! ;-)
    >
    > I have done some quick drawings and placed them in Publisher in *.eps
    > format, as well as many of the other existing Save As options (jpg,
    > gif, etc.). There is also a Microsoft public newsgroup available
    > (microsoft.public.expression.discussion). I will be monitoring that
    > group as well so that I can share these two applications together and
    > see how it develops.
    >
    > PS...(and hint) probably a great MS app to use for the upcoming
    > Holiday Greeting Card Contest beginning later this summer :-)
    I forgot to mention is also supports animation with Flash Export!

  3. #3

    Brian,

    It's nice to see MS is chasing Serif, though it seems it has taken a few
    years. :-)

    Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP] wrote:
    > [url]http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/[/url]
    >
    > There is a free download for Windows users (and Mac) which weighs in at
    > 57mb.
    >
    > This is Microsoft's latest investment in a vector-based illustration and
    > graphics tool. I have toyed with it today and can honestly say that this is
    > an EXCELLENT product (which is currently under development by Microsoft
    > (they bought out the Creature House Expression product). The output works
    > very nicely in Publisher (except the native file format is not compatible).
    > It has Export as PDF! ;-)
    >
    > I have done some quick drawings and placed them in Publisher in *.eps
    > format, as well as many of the other existing Save As options (jpg, gif,
    > etc.). There is also a Microsoft public newsgroup available
    > (microsoft.public.expression.discussion). I will be monitoring that group as
    > well so that I can share these two applications together and see how it
    > develops.
    >
    > PS...(and hint) probably a great MS app to use for the upcoming Holiday
    > Greeting Card Contest beginning later this summer :-)

    Mike Koewler Guest

  4. #4

    In news:40C274E3.40106fuse.net,
    Mike Koewler <wordwizfuse.net> posted:
    > Brian,
    >
    > It's nice to see MS is chasing Serif, though it seems it has taken a
    > few years. :-)
    True that! But I really wonder if MS even knows Serif exists?! :-)

  5. #5

    Brian,

    I'll ask Patrick. :-)

    Mike